Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Blob you say? Take a look at this peice of melted plastic that comes with Yamato's VF-11C (Courtesy of CollectionDX)

post-9739-1267808352_thumb.jpg

yes, you're right, that there's another fugly pilot figure out there TOTALLY makes the DX 25's gimpy pilot awesome.

I don't know what is going on with pilots on toys these days.

Way back in the 80's toys came with highly detailed pilots; not painted, but with nice quality.

Now we get a piece of chewing gum inside the cockpit.

It's been downhill since the 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz (v1) pilot. THAT is still one of my favorite pilots.

What a coincidence!!! Yesterday I was checking the Low Viz I pilot (same as Low Viz II) and thinking "this is as good as it can get". Gummy pilots at it's best!!!

VF-1 v2 DYRL? pilots are pretty good too IMHO. Same as Mac Zero pilots.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I just got my DX VF-27 in the mail.

Wow.

I'm absolutely elated. This is clearly the best built, easiest to transform and most posable Valkyrie I own. It's amazing how the VF-25 and VF-27 share the same basic transformation idea, yet can feel so completely different.

I wasn't frustrated at all by the VF-27 and everything just made sense.

I don't know what is going on with pilots on toys these days.

Way back in the 80's toys came with highly detailed pilots; not painted, but with nice quality.

Now we get a piece of chewing gum inside the cockpit.

The '80s Valkyries didn't even come with a pilot, except for the Joke Machines, which looks like they borrowed it from some other toy.

Finally broke down and ordered the vf-27 from amiami. It looks to good to pass up. I had no idea the 50% off shipping sale had been extended. I still really want the armored Ozma, yet there are still a few from yamato I might want more.

So...I got my DX armored Ozma in fighter mode (thanks for the 'angling' tip, Graham) but while I was converting it...the chest armor piece broke!

Luckily it broke along a seam, so hopefully Super Glue will do the job but I was surprised what with the reputation the Bandai's have for being pretty sturdy.

I am not having good luck with this toy!

Super Glue did the trick and I figured out what I did wrong and that I forced it.

Now that I figured out the trick to get it in fighter, I'm 18x happier with this toy. VERY glad I got one, especially with the price I paid through AmiAmi.

Sheesh.. that's a monstrosity.

Meh. I don't trust their ability to make stands for these. My VF-25G keeps slipping backwards off the stand in fighter mode, because the stupid attachment plate design they used for the forward support won't stay in the mount. I know they wanted to make it versatile, but it's not sturdy at all.

At least this time they supported the fighter from the rear, instead of just a plate the legs sit on.

I really just don't like the giant bulky mounts on Bandai's stands.. they're so visible they kill any sense of the thing being in flight, rather than sitting on a launch rail or something. I really wish they could come up with something smaller, that clips around some sturdy part of the plane, and holds it in place (more like the SV-51 and YF-21 stands). Of course, then you'd have the stand scratching off paint wherever it attached. <_<

The stand looks fantastic! I'll pass on it for the same reason I passed on those Yamato launch arm stands - too big. Stands that big consume too much precious shelf space that I don't have to spare. But they do look very, very cool.

For those in HK, Animate is taking preorders for the green VF-27 DX toy. However, the price is HK$1,800 and you have to pay a minimum of HK$1,000 deposit in advance. :(

As much as I want it, I decided to pass.

Graham

Question is, can it carry the VF-25G or VF-27 Lucifer with the rifles attached?

Judging by the fact that there's no cutout for the gun in that big honking mount, I'd say no, which really makes no sense, considering the included stands did.. now people have to pay extra for a stand that doesn't even do what the freebie version did.

Do the separate portions of Bandai's development team even talk to each other?

Edited by Chronocidal

Judging by the fact that there's no cutout for the gun in that big honking mount, I'd say no, which really makes no sense, considering the included stands did.. now people have to pay extra for a stand that doesn't even do what the freebie version did.

Do the separate portions of Bandai's development team even talk to each other?

Just look at the dx vf-25, it's obvious people on the SAME team don't talk to each other.

Love the green 27 but the price here juz made me to pass it off.

Hopefully if we see a future VF-25CF, it will be a normal release.

hopefully it will be a lot more better than the previous model.. any word from the tornado version? still hoping that it will have a nice landing gear.. an good articulatin just like the vf 27

For those in HK, Animate is taking preorders for the green VF-27 DX toy. However, the price is HK$1,800 and you have to pay a minimum of HK$1,000 deposit in advance. :(

As much as I want it, I decided to pass.

Graham

Have you checked Naughty Boy at Sino Centre? They usually have better prices for exclusives.