Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I know it may be late to do it, but i wish there were dedicated toy threads for all the DX valks, especially the VF-27... Anyways, looking forward to getting one soon! it looks frickin awesome,

There is a clip on the end there that you have to overcome to get it to disengage from the rest of the fuselage.

Is that the ball joint looking thing on the bottom opposite the canopy?

Much like the VF-25 toy, the waist joint itself not very tight. It will stay for the most part, at least for me, but shaking it will knock it loose. You can stick a spare fist up there to give it support (please spare the fisting jokes).

:lol:

Got my VF-27 last week. It's my first Macross DX.

I held off on buying the others because of the large amount of complaints. But now I'm wanting to catch them all!

I think I'd be disappointed though. I'm really hoping for 2.0 releases, but I know that will only happen if I spend a lot of money on the sub-par 1.0's first. ;)

Is that the ball joint looking thing on the bottom opposite the canopy?

The ball joint is what the waist joint swivels on. I found the easiest way for me to get the thing out is to make sure the crotch connector is not locked in and hook fingers around the hip bars between the legs and crotch piece. With the other hand, grab the fuselage with fingers over the "walls" that surround the part that will disengage. Then just pull. I'm not sure if I'm describing clearly or not, but that's the best I can do.

Got my VF-27 last week. It's my first Macross DX.

I held off on buying the others because of the large amount of complaints. But now I'm wanting to catch them all!

I think I'd be disappointed though. I'm really hoping for 2.0 releases, but I know that will only happen if I spend a lot of money on the sub-par 1.0's first. ;)

There's a huge jump from the 25 to 27. Don't get the 25's thinking it's more of the same because it's not.

Yeah, I was planning on an Armored Ozma, but think I'd rather get a VF-11C or two first and hope that Bandai does a revised VF-25

I know i would probably buy ozma and alto again if they made it feel as good as brera, dang this version came out so well! got it yesterday, and am thoroughly impressed with it. I do agree with the earlier post of 'needing a stronger gun hand' but thats minor complaint on my part.

Bandai, PLEASE release the green version to the rest of the world for a normal price, i will get it if you do !!!! * i say this as i know my input will have so much effect over global corps decision making*

No the posing I was trying to do required that the leg come back and the ankle forward for a "walking"/moving pose. You physically can't get that as there is a stop in the "toe" and while the ankle has some backwards play there is little to no forwards play . Nice poses though and I never thought about turning the "thighs" sideways like you did in the top pic.

yeah, the front toe articulation is probably the most underwhelming part of the toy, if you fiddle with the ball joint in the ankle you can get a bit more forward movement in the whole foot. the best way is to just angle the leg using the thigh swivel so that you're getting both forward and sideways lean on the ankle, as there's plenty of side to side movement.

Anyways, I really love this toy but it makes all the problems with the VF-25 that much worse. I actually want a VF-25 to go with my -27 now but not one that's such a downgrade.

As for the green VF-27, I'm holding out hope that after the strait repaint web exclusive they'll also do a beta version with the fin-less head from the model kit and new pilot sculpts

What pilot sculpts would they use for a finless-head Beta? Do they even have pilots? (I personally assume the green ones seen in Frontier are pure AI or remote control by cyborgs--with the exception of when Brera or Grace are personally piloting from the cockpit) (otherwise, there's several pilots who are unseen-and-uncommented-upon survivors from Galaxy)

I still hold out a bit of hope that they can sculpt a Grace pilot for the Tamashii one---they've got a couple months I mean. The valk itself is ONLY a color change, not even a scheme/pattern change. (asides from the number)

Would be nice if they did a sticker for those of you green hunters who are going to want it plain versus 102, etc

Renato pointed out something very interesting in the Scoopda thread---seems Bandai intends to bundle the fold booster with the green VF-27.

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/chog...item-1000004910

Nifty translation (my fave for Japanese) gives "super fold booster" (well, "Su-pa-fo-rudobu-suta") in the contents list and the following description:

Su-pa-fo-rudobu-suta was sold in the soul web shop.

It is the same as what attached to "DX superalloy 4 [fo-rudosetto] for VF-25 in Gaul".

Only the collaboration parts are different.

It also mentions "Collaboration part marking seal for [su-pa-fo-rudobu-suta-]" in the parts list.

So it'll be the same booster, but with green-colored attachment mounts or something?

(interestingly, it also specifically mentions Grace, which I think is the first time Bandai has associated her with the green *DX* release)

Wow, if they include a Supa Foldo Boosta, I might start wanting one. I'm kinda wanting Brera to have a Wingman...

Well, the later the release the better probably... and given the sale on HLJ recently, the movie version Alto is probably the easiest to get right now. I haven't noticed any serious issues with mine.. though it's only a couple weeks old.

It does come with the super packs and painted stand, so that's a nice addition, if you don't mind the blue-ish tint of the plane and armor.

The sale price at HLJ put the movie version at around the same as a V.2 Yamato 1/60 with strike packs, so it's not a bad deal.. that's the main reason I got that one. Besides, it's nice not having to hunt down the stupid exclusive packs for Alto. <_< And honestly, I don't think the movie version has sold as well as others, so it might be easier to find that than a stand-alone Alto or Ozma.

Btw, just checked... sale is still on, it's in stock, and it's actually only 12,000 yen, so cheaper than a V.2 Strike VF-1. Plus several of the 1/72 kits are discounted, so you could grab them at the same time if you wanted (I bought four of the little suckers. ^_^)

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, the later the release the better probably... and given the sale on HLJ recently, the movie version Alto is probably the easiest to get right now. I haven't noticed any serious issues with mine.. though it's only a couple weeks old.

It does come with the super packs and painted stand, so that's a nice addition, if you don't mind the blue-ish tint of the plane and armor.

Hello,

I agree and highly recommend the 1/60 DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom. The blue color as shown on HLJ is much lighter than the actual color of the armor, which comes with the valkyrie.

Unlike some, I find the color to be awesome, and it reminds me of the 1990 Bandai VF-1S Super release. Sky blue has been my favorite color since I child, after all, that's the same color as a beautiful sunny day, so what's not to like? Ha, ha :lol:

If you have the a choice, skip the Tamashii Web Shop Exclusive version, save your time and money, and go for this one: HLJ Website

I PM'ed Graham recently how lucky he is to live in HK and be able to visit local shops and get the lowest price possible for his valkyries, not to mention store discounts like we see on HLJ, etc. Everyone else has to pay shipping, higher internet prices, and sometimes customs. Just last month I lost almost $1,000 in customs/shipping costs, but if I lived in HK that money could have been used to buy another (10) valkyries. :wacko: The bad thing about HK is the tiny apartments and overcrowding. :ph34r:

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

(Edited to fix country)

Edited by ChristopherB

I hope these help.

post-10222-1267459618_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1267459624_thumb.jpg

There is a clip on the end there that you have to overcome to get it to disengage from the rest of the fuselage. Much like the VF-25 toy, the waist joint itself not very tight. It will stay for the most part, at least for me, but shaking it will knock it loose. You can stick a spare fist up there to give it support (please spare the fisting jokes).

Thanks, this angle is exactly what I needed to see, I will try it on mine, I overlooked the clip!

The ball joint is what the waist joint swivels on. I found the easiest way for me to get the thing out is to make sure the crotch connector is not locked in and hook fingers around the hip bars between the legs and crotch piece. With the other hand, grab the fuselage with fingers over the "walls" that surround the part that will disengage. Then just pull. I'm not sure if I'm describing clearly or not, but that's the best I can do.

And your instructions are clear enough (for me), I will follow them as I go.

What pilot sculpts would they use for a finless-head Beta? Do they even have pilots? (I personally assume the green ones seen in Frontier are pure AI or remote control by cyborgs--with the exception of when Brera or Grace are personally piloting from the cockpit) (otherwise, there's several pilots who are unseen-and-uncommented-upon survivors from Galaxy)

I still hold out a bit of hope that they can sculpt a Grace pilot for the Tamashii one---they've got a couple months I mean. The valk itself is ONLY a color change, not even a scheme/pattern change. (asides from the number)

actually I was hoping for a grace pilot sculpt with the finless-head beta.

But hers is specifically denoted as having the Brera-type head, even if no other green/Beta does. (regardless of animation canon)

(I too of course would like a Grace sculpt, but to include it with the one that's NOT hers would be odd) If anything, it'd come with the one that's coming in June----like I said earlier, they've got more than enough time just to sculpt up a new pilot. Can't take half a year just to swap colors at the factory.

He lives in Hong Kong.

Cool, that's even better since the valkyries are made in China not Japan! He can get even better deals than I suspected, hence the second VF-27. ^_^

I completely forgot about his recent message regarding his Chinese wife. :lol:

I hope to visit HK soon and buy a lot of mecha toys. The plane ticket will be a lot cheaper than all the money I've spent for customs/shipping over the years.

But hers is specifically denoted as having the Brera-type head, even if no other green/Beta does. (regardless of animation canon)

What other source than the anime is there on that? Line art for the other head? It would make perfect sense if Grace's was identical to Brera's (similar to DD Ivanov and Nora having the same type of SV-51, as opposed to their alpha CF's).

Eeeek. I just had a horrible thought. Remember Luca's "multiple shades of green"? Sure hope that doesn't happen with this one.

On the red one you can see differences between painted metal, painted plastic and colored plastic, but it is quite cool, kind of like an aztec effect and not a huge color mismatch. Basically, it is contrast between the translucence of colored plastic and reflectivity of painted metal and/or plastic.

Hasn't anybody else noticed the hip gun (or "skirt" in battroid mode) is missing the inner maroon trim seen in the anime and some of the promotional pics of the DX? On the production version, the maroon trim abruptly ends at the intake piece, while on the anime and sample it goes all the way down the wing root or hip gun piece.

post-9400-1267509508_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1267509522_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1267509545_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

What other source than the anime is there on that? Line art for the other head? It would make perfect sense if Grace's was identical to Brera's (similar to DD Ivanov and Nora having the same type of SV-51, as opposed to their alpha CF's).

Only other source AFAIK is the model kit. And according to it Grace does not have a Gamma like Brera's---it's a Beta like all the other green ones, but customized(?) with a head unit like Brera's. My theory (and Mr March agrees) is that Grace's is unique, or nearly so, and that despite what the animation shows, the vast majority of VF-27's actually have finless heads. (because they weren't going to modify the CGI model for such a little-seen background valk---Grace's was the only Beta ever seen close-up)

regult---I'd say the factory simply forgot to paint that piece. Hopefully the green ones will correct that. Anyone got an email for Bandai Japan that's more specific than a general "comments" address? We could send those pics---even without any text, our meaning should be fairly clear.

As much as I like the Vf-27, I'm on the fence about getting a DX. The hip placement still bugs me a bit, and the crotch piece in every pic I've seen never seems to angle out as in the art. To me it's noticeable enough to degrade the overall look of the valk, along with the too-high hipline. I like skinny bots, and the VF-25, and 27 by extension, has a pretty excellent aesthetic. If anything, the legs look too much like robot legs and feet in fighter mode, IMHO. That minor nitpick aside, I think it looks great in fighter, esp with the improved landing gear, and the backs of the legs look like they sit more properly, i.e. higher, than the Vf-25.

So I'm curious, does the crotch angle out more? I think it'd add a bit to the look, hips notwithstanding. It'd be cool if someone did a mod to the DX's crotch to allow the legs to move down about 1/4 inch or so. I'd like to see the difference it'd make.

edit: Just saw the b-mode pics of Brera's DX VF-27 with the crotch angled out a few posts back. Looks good. Not crazy about pink, but Grace's green machine looks promising.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Amiami throttles the inventory numbers to promote "omg, it's the last piece" impulse buy. I wouldn't be surprised if bunch of units mysteriously appear within 48 hours. <_<

But if you live in SoCal and want instant gratification in the form of a VF-27, there is at least one unit at Frank and Sons'. ^_^

Lastly, I am taking order for the tamashii web-exclusive VF-27 beta (fodder/grace) for 19900JPY + shipping fee.

This offer is available to US buyers only ($50 deposit is required). ^_^

Please PM me if interested.

Regarding the green exclusive VF-27, it appears it will include a sticker sheet to slap on your own custom numbers onto it.

The official label of the valk is "Grace O'Connor/general type" which as we all know means "Grace/Cannon Fodder type" (the "general" is not the capitalized 'rank' meaning, rather, it is the 'normal' meaning of the word). Thus I do not think they are planning on making a different head, regardless of what the "real" differences between the beta and gamma versions may be, and are ignoring whatever the model kit designated theirs to be.

I also doubt they will go as far as to include alternate head types and whatnot.

Personally, I'm not bothered, as I find the CF head that the kit featured looks silly.

Edited by Renato