Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Hi, got my vf27 also last sunday from vanphang.....and apart from the job, this mech is suh-weeeeetttttt!!!

080320101525.jpg

Fighter mode is great...looks menacing enough ( wonder if it'll be in black color scheme )

080320101529.jpg

Gerwalk mode is really stable...not like earlier releases of VF-25s...but I like posing its wings in compact mode, heheh...

080320101533.jpg

The rifle is humongously long! Almost 28 cm!

090320101549.jpg

One complain though, the wrist is not tight enough to hold the rifle in one hand, so you gotta use two hands to hold the gun, or rest the gun in this position.

090320101554.jpg

Really LOVE the head sculpt..

090320101560.jpg

Now missing only Michel's Messiah to make it complete!

Edited by boyarque

Just got my VF-27y today and I am definitely impressed. It's a billion times better than the VF-25s. Everything locks together tight in fighter mode, and it looks WAY better in fighter mode than the VF-25s. I can't wait to get the green VF-27b!

I am kinda thinking I might want a green VF-27 but probably not willing to pay extra for it. I'll wait and hope to see a Yamato take some-day, maybe.

Fiinally got a reply back from OverDrive, they said they would email me later today with the pricing information for the VF-27b greenie DX.

Once I get the information, I'll post it here.

Graham

Sweet!

p.s. I see you mention updated shoulder hinges in your signature. Are these the hinges for the 1/60 VF-1 V2's? Are we still able to put in a request for it? Thanks Graham

Sweet!

p.s. I see you mention updated shoulder hinges in your signature. Are these the hinges for the 1/60 VF-1 V2's? Are we still able to put in a request for it? Thanks Graham

Currently we have a group-buy going for the green VF-27b DX. It's for US buyers only. :(

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32563

At this time, the estimated cost is $247 (using 88JPY/USD rate) per unit.

The more participants we have, the lower our shipping cost will be.

There is a $50 deposit due few days before the web ordering deadline.

Picked my 27 from customs yesterday. Boy was the amiami box HUGE in a stupid way. If anybody want's the poster, give me a PM.

Benefited from a last minute change in customs policy so I didn't get ass raped as much as I was fearing.

The 27 certanly is a step beyong the 25. The chest transformation is a lot more complex (had to use the manual for this one).

Anyways, how do you angle the crotch piece? The manual has a pic of it and on the 25 that part pops easilly but on my 27 it looks like it can't move (and yet it has the waist joint there).

Picked my 27 from customs yesterday. Boy was the amiami box HUGE in a stupid way. If anybody want's the poster, give me a PM.

Benefited from a last minute change in customs policy so I didn't get ass raped as much as I was fearing.

The 27 certanly is a step beyong the 25. The chest transformation is a lot more complex (had to use the manual for this one).

Anyways, how do you angle the crotch piece? The manual has a pic of it and on the 25 that part pops easilly but on my 27 it looks like it can't move (and yet it has the waist joint there).

You have to really pull on it, it comes out after a bit, the tab is just really strong compared to the -25.

I still haven't quite gotten down posing the -27 yet. I did have one problem with mine. For some reason the neck plate was crooked and I couldn't figure out why, turns out one of the little tabs that slide inside the chest area for the neck plate wasn't in it's channel. Fortunately all it took was the turn of a screw and it popped right in (it won't go in without unscrewing the intake because there's a "cap" on the post) and now everything looks better. The -27 is definitely my most favorite Frontier piece yet!

Picked my 27 from customs yesterday. Boy was the amiami box HUGE in a stupid way.

Maybe I lucked out on my order, but I was really surprised how snug they managed to keep my 27 packaging. The VF-27 itself was wrapped in a cardboard sleeve with a separate compartment for the poster that let it just fit diagonally. That sleeve/box was the exact length of the larger shipping box, that was about 16" tall and wide on the end.

Course, for me, the space around the 27 was taken up by my Miria VF-22 and Hi-Metal Fire Valk. :D There wasn't any wasted space at all in there. Did they use a similar box as mine for packing just a solo DX VF-27?

Funniest thing about mine.. the outer shipping box they used was an old Italeri shipping box. Nothing like getting a heap of Japanese toys in a box from Italy. On the downside, that could be why no one could find it until I came back with the missed delivery slip.. I was telling them to look for a box full of Japanese characters, and they sent me something all marked up in Italian. :lol:

Maybe I lucked out on my order, but I was really surprised how snug they managed to keep my 27 packaging. The VF-27 itself was wrapped in a cardboard sleeve with a separate compartment for the poster that let it just fit diagonally. That sleeve/box was the exact length of the larger shipping box, that was about 16" tall and wide on the end.

Course, for me, the space around the 27 was taken up by my Miria VF-22 and Hi-Metal Fire Valk. :D There wasn't any wasted space at all in there. Did they use a similar box as mine for packing just a solo DX VF-27?

Funniest thing about mine.. the outer shipping box they used was an old Italeri shipping box. Nothing like getting a heap of Japanese toys in a box from Italy. On the downside, that could be why no one could find it until I came back with the missed delivery slip.. I was telling them to look for a box full of Japanese characters, and they sent me something all marked up in Italian. :lol:

VF-27 was the only thing in there (there was room for 3-4 DX's with posters)

IMG_0479.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Paint on mine has been flawless so far, other than a few minor scrape points due to transforming.

i don't know if i got a wonky one or not but the paint is good everywhere except forward of the cockpit. after that it's like they applied the purple paint apps without a primer so it's not adhering well.

Ami Ami used the same box format when they shipped my VF-27 a couple of weeks ago.

But I was fine with it b/c I also ordered the Armored VF-25S.

My last shipment from Ami Ami was almost key chain sized, and it shipped in the same (top) box as shown in amime52k8's photo.

WTF AMI AMI?!?!? One huge ass box for one huge small shipment? I AM DISAPPOINT.

Ami Ami used the same box format when they shipped my VF-27 a couple of weeks ago.

But I was fine with it b/c I also ordered the Armored VF-25S.

My last shipment from Ami Ami was almost key chain sized, and it shipped in the same (top) box as shown in amime52k8's photo.

WTF AMI AMI?!?!? One huge ass box for one huge small shipment? I AM DISAPPOINT.

EMS shipping is based on weight, not volume.

So what's the problem?? :huh:

because they fill the ginormous box with dense flat foam things that are unusually heavy for packaging material.

My box was full of packaging foam that resembled white prawn crackers. :S

ALLOT of it... light but annoying...

In reply to boyarque's comment: One complain though, the wrist is not tight enough to hold the rifle in one hand, so you gotta use two hands to hold the gun, or rest the gun in this position....

I've solved the one handed gun grip. Bend one arm to 45 degrees and wedge the rifle butt under the same side front engine vent and the arm's elbow. The gun will point up a few degrees but will hold nearly straight out without any other assistance.

haha, man, I just realized the hip bar on the 25 is articulated and can angle back so the legs are a little more inline with the center of the valk in battroid.

this is what I get for not reading instructions.

4424988824_7a2beb78bc.jpg

New image of the VF-27 Grace O'Connor/Regular Unit with the fold booster.

Awesome that it's going to come with the booster.

However I'm anxious to see some real photos of Grace's 27 instead of Photoshopped Breras.

Edited by eriku

I'm having a really hard time transforming my VF-27 back from battroid to fighter.

I can't avoid touching the nosecone with the chest and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :wacko: (I'm unlocking the head and neck cover).

I scratched the lavender paint, fortunately I touched it up and managed to match the color,

I'm having a really hard time transforming my VF-27 back from battroid to fighter.

I can't avoid touching the nosecone with the chest and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :wacko: (I'm unlocking the head and neck cover).

I scratched the lavender paint, fortunately I touched it up and managed to match the color,

That is why mine hasnt gone into batroid since my chip

I'm still working on learning the tricks to getting that bit of the transformation right myself.

I've only done it a few times now (I love the fighter mode on this, and usually just leave it that way), and every time I go from battroid back to fighter, the upper chest plate doesn't like rotating upwards.

The trick is in how you get the chest plate to rotate upwards. Align things right, and the chest plate will lift up, and let the nose slip under it easily. I just can never seem to identify exactly what allows it, so I always wind up fiddling with the thing a couple minutes before it actually works right.

I think it has something to do with the neck joint, and how it sits against the nose. Try flipping the neck plate up and back, and see if that helps some.

Awesome that it's going to come with the booster.

It's actually going to come with the booster? That's pretty cool, if so.

...the upper chest plate doesn't like rotating upwards.

The trick is in how you get the chest plate to rotate upwards. Align things right, and the chest plate will lift up, and let the nose slip under it easily...

That's the part I'm having trouble with. The damn chest doesn't let the nosecone slip under it!!!

I really fell like a moron 'cause when I go from fighter to battroid I have no dificulty getting the chestplate over the nosecone. I try to copy the process when I go back, but it's like the sidebars get stuck (I do flip the neck plate up) and the chestplate rests against the nosecone before getting unlocked <_<

I'm serious when I say that it's the first VF that's giving me a great headache. I have no trouble with the YF-21 or the SV-51, but I'm not having the same rewarding experience when I transform my VF-27 as others have!!!

Seriously, someone here who knows Japanese needs to email Bandai and make sure they know that Grace's VF-27 should have "102" printed on the tailfins and the legs. Or ask if it will etc. The 1/72 kit includes those markings, but we all know Bandai's various divisions seem to have no contact with each other...

I'll be very disappointed if Grace's is "blank" or just includes stickers. 102 is the only screen-seen number for a green VF-27, and with ret-conning the non-commander type of head, it's the only possible number for one that looks like Grace's. It'd just suck if they left it blank for "customization" of a cannon-fodder one---is there anybody who'd really want/care for a different number? Tampo-printed numbers look 100x better. And they're easy to remove if you really wanted to customize it, whereas it's impossible to print then on yourself.

Also---that latest pic has the bit of paint that Brera's was missing on the hip-gun panel. (but no numbers on the tailfins---that causes me worry that they seem to have done their paintjob "tweaks" already yet not added proper numbers)

::edit:: Wait, the earlier blatantly-shopped pics had the missing paint added on too. Hmmmn.

That's the part I'm having trouble with. The damn chest doesn't let the nosecone slip under it!!!

I really fell like a moron 'cause when I go from fighter to battroid I have no dificulty getting the chestplate over the nosecone. I try to copy the process when I go back, but it's like the sidebars get stuck (I do flip the neck plate up) and the chestplate rests against the nosecone before getting unlocked <_<

I'm serious when I say that it's the first VF that's giving me a great headache. I have no trouble with the YF-21 or the SV-51, but I'm not having the same rewarding experience when I transform my VF-27 as others have!!!

Ok, I've been tinkering to see what causes the nose to get stuck, and it seems to mostly be the neck plate. Basically, to rotate the chest plate up, the head plate has to be pushed back toward the back plate as far as it will go. Not sure if the head has to be in the up position or not yet, but it'll let you see if the nose is getting past that plate.

If that neck plate isn't pushed back, it catches on the front of the nose, and the chest can't rotate to let the nose out the front.

One other thing that helps too is to make sure the nosecone itself is as far down as it will go.. there is some play in the double hinge connecting it to the cockpit section, and if you rotate it the right way, it will go further towards the gear, and leave you more room to rotate the nose out from under the chest without it scratching.

I'm still trying different methods, but so far my best way has just been to lift the head up, raise the shoulder plates and back plate a pit, and push the head plate back as far as I can, until you can lift the front up and over the nose.

Edited by Chronocidal