Surprise!

izzyfcuk

He didn't transform it right, its still there.

Which probably explains why he doesn't move the head at all in any of his posses as well.

As to the visor I think its the double lip but the lighting and angles of the pics makes it hard to make out

post-9075-1246631985_thumb.jpg

If you look at this image it kind of looks like there is a double lip in the visor here although I could be wrong.

Edited by logos

3684887340_16119af27d_b.jpg

It does lack one or two touches from the Prototype that I don't actiually miss. Most of the additional scripts are on the sticker sheet however (but it's not tampo..I know.) Holding them together I do miss the highlight at the tip of the -21's upper engine nacelles.

Mine only has one blemish, the factory missed a screw for the inner portion of left leg's belly plate, so it's not quite as tight as the one on the right leg. <_< The joints are tight, super tight almost; it didn't want to come out of fighter mode without a fight. It stands rather well on it's own, the swivel for the legs locks in better on the -22S than the -21.

3684077137_288e652084_b.jpg

There is no lip surrounding the visor by the way.

That has basically been my problem since the YF-21.

Those legs and feet just don't cut it for the price being asked.

Sure fighter mode looks great, but when I buy a valkyrie toy, then I expect all modes to receives the same amount of dedication.

Otherwise I could just buy the Hasegawa model and call it day.

That has basically been my problem since the YF-21.

Those legs and feet just don't cut it for the price being asked.

Sure fighter mode looks great, but when I buy a valkyrie toy, then I expect all modes to receives the same amount of dedication.

Otherwise I could just buy the Hasegawa model and call it day.

but it's bigger than a hase kit. And you don't have to build it. And it's physically impossible to make the legs any thicker and still have a half way decent fighter mode. And It looks damn good in battroid even with the thin legs. And if you like your toy's all fat and bloated like trailer trash at MacDonald, that's your problem.

Edited by anime52k8

The D'Stance kit managed to do it all pretty well. But when you get down to it a tiny resin kit has the advantage of small joints and thin parts. And the Yamato's legs don't look small in person and seem pretty good with the rest of the body. It's just the backpack that throws it all off.

sure, other than the nose and fuselage being wrong and seemingly out of scale with the rest of the body and how the under carriage looks like a box, it's perfectly acceptable.

As a transformer.

:p

Still, if it were a real magical space plane, the relative thickness of parts could be small enough to allow for more room. Plus if the toy's backpack collapsed horizontally as well as vertically it might look better.

Well, that's problem with the macross plus designs... they pretty much ignore the rules of thermodynamics when it comes to how they transform and their proportions in each mode as depicted by the anime.

I know 200 bucks is a lot of money but I think that circumventing those rules in order for all the features we want is a tall order even for the engineers at Yamato and especially for 200 bucks.

The guns are a little disappointing, but the sculpt and color is wonderful and it seems like everything clips and moves tighter. But in general it's a well deserved repaint of an already wonderful figure. I'm estatic to finally have the thing.

And it will be damn tough to pass up a M&M version if they're made.

Edited by Letigre

There is no lip surrounding the visor by the way.

Damn. That sucks. This is $180+ why again? Oh well when I have it in my hands, hopefully, by the end of next week I will probably not mind......... :mellow:

That reminds me, I was just short of evicting my SV-51 from it's stand, but after I transformed it to fighter to box it and started looking at that, I didn't have the heart to put it away.

SO..well, I guess it's gonna have to stand until I order a pair of flexi stands.

I like the black paint scheme on the VF-22, but I really wish they'd be able to mount guns, even if it did it using the non-canon YF-21 method. Yamato, please issue a black paint scheme for the YF-21, thanks.

The visor thing seems more than a bit odd of a mistake for Yamato to make. Still, I'm stoked about getting this toy. I just hope we see even more Macross 7 designs in the near future. I'd actually be more likely to get Max and Millia's VF-22's if there were more M7 designs to round out the variety a bit more.

3684077137_288e652084_b.jpg

is that Optimus getting a go at the GNU :lol:

hmm...looks good but I'm still not sold on this, could this be the next low vis investment? it's a shame that there's not canopy shield, anime magic at it's finest, I wouldn't not have mind having to swap it

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I really like how small Yamato have gone with the box for the "strum and vocal". I almost passed over it on the shelf at Bic Camera it was so unlike the previous box.

Took em long enough but they finally learned their lesson.

more pictures please!!!

I think it would be great if we could have the following pictures:

1) Side by side yf-21 (no fps) and vf-22 in batroid mode: pls have the air intake open for me, but if you want, have another pic of the intake closed for other members

2) Side by side yf-21 (no fps) and vf-22 in fighter mode: pls have the air intake open

3) vf-22 in batroid mode, no flash, the whole body, and more close up of the face

Thanks

Edited by Arthurius

How the gunpods are removed or ejected for battroid and gerwalk mode is never shown in the anime.

Graham

If I had to guess, I think the panels would swing around so that the hand can grasp the gunpod and pull it out of it's holster (and put it back again).

I'm gonna have to pass on the VF-22. It's cool and all, but I try not to get multiples of VFs. The VF-1 being the sole exception, of course.

The visor is fatter in the production version compared to the prototype....and it kinda bugs me. >_<

What's this lip ppl are talking about?