Surprise!

izzyfcuk

I actually like the looks of the YF-19 (The gullet doesn't both me much and I didn't really notice it until some people here kept ranting about it) but you are right to all the mechanical problems. Gerwalk looks particular bad as there is nothing locking it in place. The thing is though if they can do a VF-11 that looks so good (and no gullet) they can remake a YF-19 that is solid and does not have that much maligned gullet that some people hate. Then the question is there a market for a YF-19 V.3?

As to the YF-21 I don't think you are ever going to get line art accurate on the YF-21 in Battroid mode or Gerwalk because of anime magic. If just not physically possible to make the fighter faithful at all with those giant legs. If they kept the legs then people would be bitching about the fighter mode sucking. Frankly I am perfectly fine with the way they are.

Edited by logos

I have a YF-19 and a YF-21, given the way Yamato is dumping valks faster than a women changes tampons, the market will make the 11 price drop after a while

anyway, I like the 19 looks in all mode, that's all, it's a floppy mess, the addition of the assraping expensive FAST packs and foldildo make it even more floppy and gap heaven, toguether with it's anorexic puny gunpod and breaking hinge thingy on below the cockpit, I rate my 19 like the 0S, beautiful but a floppy mess, the transformation is simply but everytime I transform it it reminds of a scene of the old tom hank movie Big were he's playing with a transforming building and falls aparts

I like the 21, I think it's the best thing Yamato has delivered

and I doubt a 19S could be made to look right in all mode since it's ugly and chunky by itself with big bellbottom legs, making fighter mode impossibly sleek

There isn't that much clearance under the belly of the 21 with Fastpacks and gunpods on and if the legs were bigger the belly would drop even lower making it touch the ground or impossible to have the landing gear down with FP's and gunpods and thats too much of a compromise IMO.

The primary complaints i heard about the 1/72 21 was that it didn't look sleek enough in F mode.

Other then the thin legs the rest of the 21 have good proportions in battroid mode. This is my personal opinion so don't attack me for it but i feel that the compromises to fightermode for a good looking Battroidmode would be alot worse then the other way around. This is mostly because of the unique way the 21 is designed because the legs don't make up the engines.

You can barely fit the legs inside the bay as it is, if they were bigger not only would the belly hang much lower but the entire body would be much wider in order to make it fit.

Best thing Yamato could do is include two sets of legs. The thin legs we got that can transform and make a sleek fighter and a set og bigger, bulkier legs that you can't transform with but it would make the Battroid mode look bigger.

And besides there is the GNU YF-21 and Revoltech action figures if you want a plain battroid.

Edited by thankheaven

And besides there is the GNU YF-21 and Revoltech action figures if you want a plain battroid.

And there is the 1/72 YF-21/VF-22 Hasegawa kit if you want a sleek fighter mode. Sorry I just had to follow up on that one. LOL...

***EDIT***

And/or the 1/144 YF-21 Doyusha Diecast fighter. I don't own this or any of the collection in this range, but I'm just going to assume its sleek because it's only in fighter.

I could care less whether the fighter mode was thicker or where it is now. I'm just glad someone is out there trying to make some progress on the YF-19, YF-21/VF-22, VF-11 Macross products. Otherwise we could all be sitting here wishing that someone would bite the bullet and produce some products in which we could be at least satisfied with.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

the YF-19 is cool in anime but...

yep, i still really like staring at my 1/60 YF-19 coz i really liked staring at it in the anime... ^_^

I think it's still a really good toy, best YF-19 without a doubt,...

another reason why i still like my 19 coz it is the only YF-19 worth having right now... and while i'm w/ everybody in hoping that Yamato does make a 1/60 version 2 down the road, i'm doubting that they will anytime soon.

I still have my YF-19. It isn't the favorite in my collection but I still like it. These Color Variants aren't very inspiring. White with either Blue or Orange Trim. Is this the best they could do?

When you compare the PT toy to a single-mode model kit, its not going to stand a chance of course. That's not even fair, especially with the anime magic employed in the YF-19.

I agree that the 19 suffers from floppiness and looseness, so I can understand why people who really enjoy playing with their Yammies (or like Battroid mode in general) will steer away from the YF-19. Otherwise though, in terms of appearance, they came as close as they could, which still stands true, as its the only PT YF-19 out there.

The YF-21 is amazing though, just more fickle than what you'd expect in a toy.

Are the wings of the 1/60 yf-19 as per the lineart?

Am always thinking that it looks smallish.

Of all the yamato releases in the 1/60 scale,

I think this is the least that I like. Of course,

if yamato gives me one, I'll accept it and

exchange it for a vf-11. :lol:

It's definitely bad.

- Neither fighter, gerwalk, or battroid mode excel in their appearance

- no lock for the chest area

- the swinging shoulders don't lock into the chest

- groin/intake area in battroid is a mess, it looks horrible and again no locks

- joints are loose

- fighter mode is held by tension, rather than - yes you guessed it - locks

- seams and gaps everywhere

- and a transformation that will cause breakage, sooner rather than later

IMO Yamato's M+ line only delivers on the VF-11. The YF-19 is the sum of its faulty parts and the YF-21

is only good if you like fighter mode and cant build model kits. Gerwalk and battroid are an insult to the eyes.

I'm crossing my fingers, that hopefully Bandai's 1/100 VF-19 and any subsequent releases of those that Yamato did turn out to be good.

Because then I would gladly replace my YF-19 and VF-0S with those, even if they are smaller and parts-formers.

Agree on the flaws of the 19. I don't mind the look but the joints and the technicalities of it really needs improvements.

..I'm just gonna disagree right there.

I disagree with your assessment of the 21 though. I think its perfect as it can get in toy form. :3

The major complaint I have on the YF-19 is the floppiness. It barely holds its own arm, and I am not talking about the shield or the gun. Otherwise, I like how it currently looks.

Yamato claims that the new BoP and Double Nuts would have better joints, and I trust them enough to bet my US$158 on the BoP.

Has anyone figured out a way to raise the shoulders higher in Battroid mode on the YF-19? I liked that they added that feature to the shoulders, but on mine, it seems like the range of motion allows them to be angled up higher, but in the end, they flop back down because there's no way to lock them into that higher position. It would have been nice if they had incorporated a ratchet joint there so the shoulders could be angled at different positions instead of the just-slighty-raised position.

Considering these will be an even more a limited production run then the VF-22 we might never see these go one sale...that said if they bring out a Roy scheme or something else that is better than re-toning an existing scheme it's a pass unfortunately.

they can fix anything and everything but it still doesn't change the fact that its a boring toy.

if they made one with a bunch of cool accessories(i don't care if its not true to the anime or not), it might be worth buying again but if they're just going to fix stuff that should've been fixed from the get go, i'll pass.

i can't even remember the last time i touched the 19. its become a display shelf warmer, even more so than the konig monster.

Yeah you make a good point. There are no missiles or fast packs (unless you buy the option) so it does limit it a bit. Me I am going to wait and see what other people think of it compared to the tan YF-19. If it really does have allot better fit and finish I'll pick up the next repaint, if it comes out. The "new" paint schemes aren't that inspired to make me too disappointed that I missed out.

Edited by logos

Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered a "reissue" 1/60 YF19. The one that is suppose to come out right before the Bird of Prey color version. It's landing next week... So, I guess I'll know soon enough.

let us know how it is when you get it...

I saw this in the description on Overdrive's site for Gamlin's VF-22S:

"Notably differences with the YF-21 will be the totaly redesigned head, larger canopy as well as redesigned legs to fit the original design..."

Any ideas?

***EDIT***

Maybe they just meant to state attachments are included for the difference of bay doors?

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I don't know I am looking at my YF-21 and it doesn't look at all different. Maybe they are referring to the bell plates on the legs or some fixes?

Yea... I'm just going to assume that. Even though the pictures which Yamato took for the VF-22S are nothing but the YF-21 repainted (literally) with the parts swapped. If there were some changes made to the legs I'm pretty sure we would've seen something by now.

I saw this in the description on Overdrive's site for Gamlin's VF-22S:

"Notably differences with the YF-21 will be the totaly redesigned head, larger canopy as well as redesigned legs to fit the original design..."

Any ideas?

***EDIT***

Maybe they just meant to state attachments are included for the difference of bay doors?

They are talking about the bellyplates, which technically are part of the legs. Because those are the only differences, head, canopy and bellyplates.

Got a reply from Overdrive:

Regarding the improvments according to the infomation on the official

Yamato release it says the following "After reviewing the previous

version minor adjustments have been made to make to improve the quality

of the parts and joints to improve how they fit when in each mode". No

exact information but this is what they are claiming.

Sooo no chest lock but maybe better fit and less looseness?

Got a reply from Overdrive:

Sooo no chest lock but maybe better fit and less looseness?

I'd be happy if it was less gappy in fighter mode. Specifically the way the the intakes and shoulders fit. Not happy enough to buy these two particular paint schemes but more inclined if there was a nice low viz scheme in the future.