Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Not no photoshop. Just look at the displacement of each bird, they won't take the time to photoshop the background too... >.>

it IS a shop, it's actually even more obvious one you zoom in on the pic because you can see compression artifacts from the blue one showing through on the orange one.

going back and forth between the two it looks like they took two photos of the blue one, left one as is and shooped the other into the orange one.

and in any event the orange one is the same pic we've been seeing form the begining and the new blue one is the same photo as the first blue and white one from the beginning of the tread.

any rumors if these 19 repaints will have a limited production run just like the VF-22 (waiting for confirmation)? coz i highly doubt there'll be 1000 guys out there who'll buy both these repaints...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Those in plane mode on the Yamato site are Photoshop, the trim is just on another layer clearly.

Anyway, on the plus side, they're not that bright white, rather a tinted gray. Makes them more anti-yellowing.

On the downside, two releases of the same pattern scheme? It would have been more popular if one was a dark low-vis, and the other a Camo?

I agree with jenius about the reversing the colour scheme on the double nuts.

Do people from Yamato themselves actually read the fans' comments on these threads?

Edited by Omegablue

At the initial look I thought it was PS too.

However it's really not that hard to spot the difference position of the 2 VF in the pictures on the second look.

See attached.

Never know that Orange could look so Cool. B))

Edit: Attached pic have the differences circled.

post-3718-1242379207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Repiv_Onex

pretty sure it's the one on the Yamato website... they just forgot to tell hobbystock to photoshop the pics before they posted them... :D

Should be, but not 100%. Since the SV-51 Nora on the Yamato Website still has her hands pink and other parts in the wrong color compared to the toy.

Saw Graham says that the VF-19A VF-X scheme doesn't sold well previously years back, so does that mean Yamato does not plan to release it?

post-3718-1242379676_thumb.jpg

At the initial look I thought it was PS too.

However it's really not that hard to spot the difference position of the 2 VF in the pictures on the second look.

See attached.

Never know that Orange could look so Cool. B))

Edit: Attached pic have the differences circled.

Yip, your Avatar is indeed grand! :)

Point taken about the pictures, though that now has convinced me that planes are actually superimposed on the back with the base? Regardless, it doesn't matter, maybe really do have some skill camera guys. LOL :p

Saw Graham says that the VF-19A VF-X scheme doesn't sold well previously years back, so does that mean Yamato does not plan to release it?

this actually is the only same mold repaint of the 19 i'm willing to buy... w/ tighter joints and a tighter overall fit of course...

Given that Yamato has already displayed the prototypes, I think that taking new pictures and posting them up would be much faster than going to all the trouble of photoshopping.

The blue/black version looks like Max custom VF-19A would be, hehe. Much nicer colour scheme than Blue/red, but still not as nice as Orange/black.

Maybe the VF-X2 colour will be made after these releases? Yamato seems to be in the mood for releasing new colours now rather than rehashing old ones-- They released a new VF-1S Low-Vis-but-Bright-Yellow :p colour rather than the m&m or any other 1/48 LV colours, afterall.

Yea... edwin posted up the really good point I was too lazy to argue about last night. Bleh, w/e. I have pretty good eye for detail.

Since the birds should have started being produced I'm pretty sure Yamato would just retake shots instead of photoshop (one less person to pay or less effort needed).

The blue and black (b&b) is a photoshop of it's original counterpart (b&r), but definitely not of the orange or orange of the b&b.

Additional area's on top of Repiv's:

post-4919-1242397888_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Yeah, the Ravens is more interesting than these. Besides, it's from a known franchise to Macross fans, so I don't see why these new scheme would sell better than the Ravens one.

IMHO, the VFX repaint didn't sell well because the 1/72 was a crappy toy to begin with and we all already owned the "hero" mecha.

I any case I'd love to see Yamato going wild and offering some really new schemes and not just trim variants.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

from these bigger pics,

can any yf-19 owner confirm the isamu pilot is the new VF-11B isamu or not?

Based on the large pics, those are the original YF-19 Isamu figures. The helmet for the VF-11 Isamu is flattened more, the top of the helmet is bluish instead of black, the paint applications on the shoulders are cleaner and the detail is more distinct, and they didn't bother painting the chest with any of the black markings that the 19 version has.

Yea... edwin posted up the really good point I was too lazy to argue about last night. Bleh, w/e. I have pretty good eye for detail.

Since the birds should have started being produced I'm pretty sure Yamato would just retake shots instead of photoshop (one less person to pay or less effort needed).

The blue and black (b&b) is a photoshop of it's original counterpart (b&r), but definitely not of the orange or orange of the b&b.

Additional area's on top of Repiv's:

this still doesn't explain why the orange is flat and oversaturated compared to the rest of the image. Even though the orange one is a few millimeters further back on the acrylic block than the blue one the lighting and camera angle is the same for both images. The reflectivity and visible level of detail should be the same. if it's not a shop then either they managed to jack up their cameras setting between shots or they went in to clean up the photos and managed to mangle the one they used.

another option is that they made One toy (blue and red) took a couple pictures then shooped the orange one to see if they liked the look (because I'd think a 15 minute edit in photoshop is cheaper than producing a one off recolor of a toy). once the decided the liked it they made a production sample but didn't bother to re-shoot it.

this still doesn't explain why the orange is flat and oversaturated compared to the rest of the image. Even though the orange one is a few millimeters further back on the acrylic block than the blue one the lighting and camera angle is the same for both images. The reflectivity and visible level of detail should be the same. if it's not a shop then either they managed to jack up their cameras setting between shots or they went in to clean up the photos and managed to mangle the one they used.

another option is that they made One toy (blue and red) took a couple pictures then shooped the orange one to see if they liked the look (because I'd think a 15 minute edit in photoshop is cheaper than producing a one off recolor of a toy). once the decided the liked it they made a production sample but didn't bother to re-shoot it.

I don't know-- how do you quantify flat and oversaturated? And how do you know that that is an effect of photo shopping, rather than a quality of the paint/tampo printing itself? From all the Yamato photozoom pictures so far, my guess is they have a camera on a stand, and a photo booth of some sort, and just snap away--probably done in-house, by a Yamato worker who probably has an interest in taking photos-- not a professional photographer that they have to hire every time they want a shoot. So, every time they make a prototype (which they would have to do anyway, just to make sure that the colours come out right when printed, which is a non-trivial task) they can just snap a few photos, in less than 15 minutes. Granted, photoshop may be used to design the colour scheme in the first place.

MacrossJunkie: Aww that sucks. I wish Yamato would use the improved Isamu sculpt, since they already have it for the VF-11B!! A case of the left hand and the right hand not communicating I guess.

The blue one doesn't look too bad I suppose. A VF-X Ravens scheme would be nice still. I agree with LSB that the VF-19A didn't sell well because the toy was ugly and not very good to begin with. Despite getting multiples of the other 1/72 M+ valks, I never got the YF-19 or VF-19 because they were so hideous and full of gaps that barely looked like the valkyrie it was supposed to represent. It's one of the few valk toys I couldn't convince myself to get just for the sake of having for completion or what not.

That said, it would be nice if Yamato tweaked the fighter a bit so the profile would look better. I know I keep ragging on the 19 for that gullet, but I recall the reason it was that thick was to accomodate the landing gear. However, the release of the VF-11B shows that Yamato can have landing gear and still have a slim profile. Both planes have the front landing gear in pretty much the same location so I don't see why they couldn't improve the 19. The way it is right now, the fighter's profile kind of makes it look like it is slightly pointing up due to the way it slopes and looks more like a wedge to me. Other than that, the current 19 looks pretty good from front and dorsal angles.

The blue one doesn't look too bad I suppose. A VF-X Ravens scheme would be nice still. I agree with LSB that the VF-19A didn't sell well because the toy was ugly and not very good to begin with. Despite getting multiples of the other 1/72 M+ valks, I never got the YF-19 or VF-19 because they were so hideous and full of gaps that barely looked like the valkyrie it was supposed to represent. It's one of the few valk toys I couldn't convince myself to get just for the sake of having for completion or what not.

That said, it would be nice if Yamato tweaked the fighter a bit so the profile would look better. I know I keep ragging on the 19 for that gullet, but I recall the reason it was that thick was to accomodate the landing gear. However, the release of the VF-11B shows that Yamato can have landing gear and still have a slim profile. Both planes have the front landing gear in pretty much the same location so I don't see why they couldn't improve the 19. The way it is right now, the fighter's profile kind of makes it look like it is slightly pointing up due to the way it slopes and looks more like a wedge to me. Other than that, the current 19 looks pretty good from front and dorsal angles.

Some lineart of the YF-19 actually shows it with such a gullet.

yf-19-fighter.gif

yf-19-fighter-ventralfront.gif

Credits to M3

Edited by edwin3060