Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Saw the VF-22 in Hong Kong today. Going price is HK$1119 (c.US$143). It says limited to 500 pieces (not sure what that means). The box is pretty compact and similar in size to that of the VF-11 (kudos to Yamato for learning) but it has no stand.

Still, I think it looks awesome!

Wow! Good price. Cheaper than most if not all online shops I frequent. Looks like this Gamlin model is a limited run. Then again, Hobbysearch put the figure as limited to 1000 pcs. :mellow: So I don't know if the 500 is limited to HK and 1000 is limited to Japan or are the limited number for 1 production run.

Anyway, don't bother with the limited thing. Just buy it if you like it. ^_^

I don't know if I understood this well, but does the VF-22 comes with the stand and adapters or just the the adapters?? shouldn't it be cheaper than the YF-21 then if it comes without the typical 50$ piece of plastic? or they should at least include the fold booster??

how the hell are we supposed to have our things right if Yamato keep selling their stuff incomplete??

Edited by Valkyrie addict

It IS cheaper:

VF-22S : 18,800 yen (with stand)

YF-21: 21,800 yen (no stand)

w/o tax ;)

I think you mean VF-22 (no stand) and YF-22 (with stand) ^_^

Mine shipped yesterday (it supposedly left Tokyo International just before midnight their time) and will hopefully make it here by tomorrow. Otherwise I won't see it until I return from my long weekend holiday.

Mine shipped EMS yesterday so hopefully I'll see it in 2 weeks. And yes it does take 1.5-2 weeks for me to receive EMS shipments if I'm luck so all you lucky bastards that get your shipments in under a week :angry:.....still from the pics that hobby search posted I am a bit excited to receive it.

Edited by logos

Overdrive updated my status to "processing", here's hoping it ships soon. I'm going to have to try the Ikea display case trick, smooshing two of their cases together, and see if that gives me enough room for everything. I'm running out of space!

Thanks for the link for the pics.

The bay doors on the VF-22S Gamlin look like they're fully molded and not attachments as we saw earlier from the prototype on Yamato's site.

***EDIT***

And for some reason I'm not entirely feeling the visor too much on the battroid mode. It seems like it's a bit thick (top to bottom) especially near the sides.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

@ wolfx...

I highly doubt they will fit in the undercarriage. If they did we would've seen production pictures boasting such a feat.

***EDIT***

Follow up on my earlier reply... However the VF-22 still looks great overall.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Two Questions come to mind seing the new pictures:

1) Are the guns supposed to be blue?? They look blue on the pic anyways.

2) Is it me, or the head looks different then the prototypes, and for the worst, though more pics will be needed...??

@ Arthrius...

1) Yea... I've checked the guns. They are indeed the correct color (blue w/ white stripe) to the Dynamite series.

2) The head does look a bit different than the prototypes, but it's hard to tell because the angles are all different. I agree... more pics please.

The photos don't show how the gunpods fit in the undercarriage, if they do at all. Any body have any clues?

Unlike the YF-21, the VF-22 is supposed to store it's gunpods internally in the leg bay cover panels in fighter mode. How the gunpods are removed or ejected for battroid and gerwalk mode is never shown in the anime.

Due to space limitations, it was not possible for Yamato to make the gunbods on the toy be able to be stored internally, without make the leg bay panels significantly more bulky, which would have spoiled the look of fighter mode.

Graham

@ wolfx...

I highly doubt they will fit in the undercarriage. If they did we would've seen production pictures boasting such a feat.

***EDIT***

Follow up on my earlier reply... However the VF-22 still looks great overall.

Unlike the YF-21, the VF-22 is supposed to store it's gunpods internally in the leg bay cover panels in fighter mode. How the gunpods are removed or ejected for battroid and gerwalk mode is never shown in the anime.

Due to space limitations, it was not possible for Yamato to make the gunbods on the toy be able to be stored internally, without make the leg bay panels significantly more bulky, which would have spoiled the look of fighter mode.

Graham

Yeah i knew about how the gunpod stores in VF-22 that's why i was wondering how they did it in the toy. Guess they didn't. :(

I knew it had some anime magic in there to fit the gunpod but I was hopeful they could still compromise the fighter justttttt abit and put the gunpods in the leg bay covers. It disappoints me a little that the guns dun go anywhere in fighter mode.

It also looks like Yamato cheaped out on some of the markings we saw on the proto: the tail fins are missing a white line and the engines had some writing that is also missing in the finished product.

The VF-1’s have tons of tampo, why not a VF that has next to none?

Definitely darker than I thought :( (yes, I know that is more anime correct)

Just checked one out in the shops new compact size and no window flap, Yamamto has seen the light.

That's good news!! :D Window flap is like used once or twice, valk comes out, box tossed in the shed. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ja, on th phone so can't link a pic, but the VF-22 has tiny heat shields, one over each window on the cockpit. Not exactly feasible for a toy.