Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Yeah wait too long and you won't be able to get one unless you pay $$$$. These aren't deal breaking issues anyway. It's not like the toy is broken.

so your VF-22 doesn't have the gap between the two pieces?

Nope, I checked. Oddly, my yf-21 does have a loose belly plate.

edit:: Oh wait, nevermind, it does have the gap, but it's not loose. go figure.

editt:: Luckily my insert wasn't glued down like yours, shaved off the excess material on the screw mount and it's fine now. I honestly would never have noticed if it wasn't brought up here. Didn't affect transformation or fit.

Edited by eugimon

Yea I figured it would have the gap since it originates from the molds. It's not a big, big issue. Mine isn't that loose, however the left bay door is a bit looser than the right when fully extended, due to the gap.

***EDIT***

Or otherwise I would send an email to Overdrive to have them order and send me the better parts. XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

What gap? Even with the pics, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for? Can somebody add some arrows to the pics for poor dumb me? Just to add, I'm perfectly happy with my VF-22. No issues at all. Certainly no gaps have caught my eye. May pick up a second one.

What gap? Even with the pics, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for? Can somebody add some arrows to the pics for poor dumb me? Just to add, I'm perfectly happy with my VF-22. No issues at all. Certainly no gaps have caught my eye. May pick up a second one.

post-4286-1247708077_thumb.jpg

editt:: Luckily my insert wasn't glued down like yours, shaved off the excess material on the screw mount and it's fine now. I honestly would never have noticed if it wasn't brought up here. Didn't affect transformation or fit.

Which part has to be shaved down?

I'm getting mine this friday (my wife is getting it for me from Hong Kong B)) )

Keep posting those awesome pics eugimon!!!!

Okay... I found a problem with the left bay section. On the left bay cover where the middle most screw connects the screw hole pillar is about 2mm too long which causes a separation between the two pieces when fully screwed together.

The genius assemblers decided to glue the two halves together making it more difficult to repair rather than chopping/shaving off the extra length. I'm aware that by fixing this through the molds would be too costly, but hell did they really have to glue the two halves together? -=\

I'm pretty sure most if not all will experience this problem with their VF-22 variants even maybe with the Max and Miria since it seems to originate from the molds/CADs. The valk still transforms w/o a problem, but I'm not sure if this will cause any long term complications.

Maybe I'll post up a pic later if I'm not feeling too lazy, but if you have the VF-22 you will notice the slight gap between the two sections.

Really didn't want to quote myself...

And I apologize for not indicating exactly in the two pictures above. I was just feeling too lazy. Thanks for circling the noted area anime52k8.

***EDIT***

Nice eugimon... unfortunately my 22 underwent the bitter assembly process of an unexperienced assembler.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Really didn't want to quote myself...

And I apologize for not indicating exactly in the two pictures above. I was just feeling too lazy. Thanks for circling the noted area anime52k8.

***EDIT***

Nice eugimon... unfortunately my 22 underwent the bitter assembly process of an unexperienced assembler.

I'm surprised yours got glued down, that insert is designed to not need any glue. Guy must have busted something trying to fit it in.

I'm surprised yours got glued down, that insert is designed to not need any glue. Guy must have busted something trying to fit it in.

Yea... I was pretty surprised too. However, nothing looks broken, cracked, or overly stressed. I was thinking of taking a razor/exacto to it, along with some nail polish remover/thinned out acetone. I just hope my other one didn't suffer the wraith of the same or similar assembler.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

This may fix a drooping wing:

With my -21, one of the wings didn't "droop over time" so much as "would never go all the way up in the first place". It'd hold in place--it just wouldn't go up as high as the other wing to start with. Loosening the screw that holds its hinge just a bit completely fixed it. Super-easy to do---just open the gear bay door---there's the screw! Yes, loosening the screw to fix a "floppy" part seems counter-intuitive, but that's how it works--a too-tight screw actually puts tension on the hinge, making it pull the wing down.

If you can't get to the screw with your screwdriver (it's RIGHT by the edge of the door, and it may be hard to access without bending something) it's still easy to do:

Remove the clear lens on the wing leading edge (mine weren't glued)--just pull it off to the front. Remove the two screws in front of and behind the gear bay door. Pop off that part of the wing. Then the whole bay and hinge area is opened up.

Yea... I was pretty surprised too. However, nothing looks broken, cracked, or overly stressed. I was thinking of taking a razor/exacto to it, along with some nail polish remover/thinned out acetone. I just hope my other one didn't suffer the wraith of the same or similar assembler.

Aha! Now I see it. Yeah mine has it too. Why did you have to ruin the VF-22 for me! :lol::lol::lol:

Man I never would have noticed it since it transforms fine and that bloody popout extension on booth of the belly plates that I hate so much keeps me from looking at it too closely.

I was just browsing my June copy of Hobby Japan when an ad for the VF-22S caught my attention. Highlighted on the ad were some text in Japanese, calling the VF-22S the 'first from a new title', the new title being Macross Dynamite 7.

Given this text, I wonder if Yamato is planning a M7 series, since M+ and M0 are right about finished, excluding the VF-0D, and with the news of the GBP, seems like Yamato has pretty much exhausted all possible new molds in Macross/DYRL as well.

If it is the start of a new M7 series, then I'll be excited to see the VA-3, that's a pretty unique mecha that really deserves a release. And of course the VF-5000 too =)

Whoa wait wouldn't acetone eat the plastic? I remember years ago as I was putting actone on my skin after a superglue incedent some of it got on my watch that had a plastic casing and started eating away at it on small areas of the casing.

Woo hoo- 900th post

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Whoa wait wouldn't acetone eat the plastic? I remember years ago as I was putting actone on my skin after a superglue incedent some of it got on my watch that had a plastic casing and started eating away at it on small areas of the casing.

Woo hoo- 900th post

As mentioned in my prior post: nail polish remover/thinned out acetone isn't as strong...

Hi everyone,

am I missing something or wasn't the double nuts supposed to get released in july? I thought the yf-19 repaints were postponed to a later date, but this date... was July. And it only has 8 days left...

Can anyone drop a light here? :mellow:

Thanks!

B))

Edit: damn mispelling... :-P

Edited by mcpaz

Hi everyone,

am I missing something or wasn't the double nuts supposed to get released in july? I thought the yf-19 repaints were postponed to a later date, but this date... was July. And it only has 8 days left...

Can anyone drop a light here? :mellow:

Thanks!

B))

Edit: damn mispelling... :-P

Please check post #966..

(It's delayed to August!)

Please check post #966..

(It's delayed to August!)

Damn! so the answer is "you darn stupid manu, check carefully the thread for all those little things called 'characters', not focusing only on photos, because they might mean something!!"

:unsure:

Bad news for me.

Thanks!!!!

Manu

Damn! so the answer is "you darn stupid manu, check carefully the thread for all those little things called 'characters', not focusing only on photos, because they might mean something!!"

:unsure:

Bad news for me.

Thanks!!!!

Manu

I've done the same thing for so many times, that I think you're being sarcastic to me. :rolleyes:

Edited by ff95gj

• 2 weeks later...

the "DOUBLE NUTS" looks good, but the original color 1/60 YF-19 is the only one i personally want, and the only one i'll ever need...

Edited by Shaorin

the "DOUBLE NUTS" looks good, but the original color 1/60 YF-19 is the only one i personally want, and the only one i'll ever need...

As I don't yet have a 19, let me ask you guys who do....I really kinda like the "Double Nuts" color scheme, but I like the idea of having the original color from the anime to go with my blue 21. I've heard some scary stuff about the first brown 19's. The new ones are, according to Yamato, supposed to be better.....what do you guys think?

As I don't yet have a 19, let me ask you guys who do....I really kinda like the "Double Nuts" color scheme, but I like the idea of having the original color from the anime to go with my blue 21. I've heard some scary stuff about the first brown 19's. The new ones are, according to Yamato, supposed to be better.....what do you guys think?

review of the latest YF-19 Isamu re-issue. :) - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=760577

Are you referring to the Yellow and Green emblem on the side of the fuselage? If so, then yes they are suppose to be a standard tampo.

Ha it figures, good thing the stickers were included.

Edited by dizman