Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Is it even possible for the backpack sliders to be tighter than they already were on the YF-21?! :blink:

It isn't, but the hip joints are really tight. They were damned to come out of the bay to transform the first time, that is for sure.

Okay... I found a problem with the left bay section. On the left bay cover where the middle most screw connects the screw hole pillar is about 2mm too long which causes a separation between the two pieces when fully screwed together.

The genius assemblers decided to glue the two halves together making it more difficult to repair rather than chopping/shaving off the extra length. I'm aware that by fixing this through the molds would be too costly, but hell did they really have to glue the two halves together? -=\

I'm pretty sure most if not all will experience this problem with their VF-22 variants even maybe with the Max and Miria since it seems to originate from the molds/CADs. The valk still transforms w/o a problem, but I'm not sure if this will cause any long term complications.

Maybe I'll post up a pic later if I'm not feeling too lazy, but if you have the VF-22 you will notice the slight gap between the two sections.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

i only really like f-mode (and gerwalk somewhat) on Yamato's YF-21/VF-22. it's good to hear some kind of confirmation about the M&M VF-22s. but already having the YF-21 and this being an expensive mold, i only see myself getting Milia's red 22. i hope the red comes out as gorgeous as Milia's new 1/60 1J.

i really hope that this paves the way for a 1/60 VF-17D Diamond Force. now that's the Gamlin valk that i want. please Yamato!

Picked mine up after work and while it is awesome I have some concerns:

- It almost seems too tight compared to the YF-21. Seems allot tougher to do some things but maybe that's cause I haven't transformed my YF-21 for a while.

- Floopy left wing. It stays there but it creaks and twists more than the right hand side. It looks fine but something is just off there. I might have to remove the panels from the bottom left wing root and check the mechanism. Something is off.

- Wow for that kind of money I have never seen such a bare bones Yamato box. It's small and you get nothing extra except for the fold booster pylons, 2 guns, 2 stand attachments and 1 pilot. I am underwhelmed to say the least.

- Same crappy sticker sheet as the YF-21.

- Head/cockpit mechanism is not as smooth as the YF-21.

Good points

- Feet that actually wratchet! Hooray!

- Belly plates seem to rejoin together better than they do on the YF-21.

- Little Gamlin pilot is probably the best pilot sculpt yet IMO.

- Box is simliar in size to the Bandai one for the VF-25!

- There is a lip in the visor. It just hard to see.

- Thrust vector flaps on tighter than on the YF-21.

Edited by logos

Yeah perfect.................. <_<

Like I said I'm cheesed about that wing. Also I knew coming in that the parts would be sparse but I don't know. I think if I could store the gun pods in the belly plates (yes sacrifice more anime accuracy!) that would have been the gimmick that really sold me, right now while it looks better than a YF-21 in my opinion, I like the fit and finish on my YF-21 better. Well accept for those crappy ankle ratchets on the YF-21. They fixed that on the VF-22 IMO.

Edited by logos

I'm growing incredibly impatient waiting for my 22 to arrive. Not only did something that also shipped EMS after it already arrive but something HLJ shipped me SAL a couple of days before the 22 did too. This has to be my slowest EMS shipment ever and all these pics aren't helping matters.

My wife just called me from Hong Kong (she´s on a business trip with her mother) and today she bought me Camrin Kizaki's VF-22S :lol:

She even searched macrossworld to find where to buy macross toys in Hong Kong :lol::lol:

Your wife rocks.

Here are some pics that I took:

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

I'll say this about my YF-21. It's way easier to transform than the VF-22. It maybe a little sloppier compared to the VF-22 joint wise but things just go smoothly while transforming. Still cheesed about the floopy wings in comparison to the YF-21 and the left wing in particular on the my VF-22. I thought it might be the left over plastic burrs from molding but now I just think the mechanism is looser now.......have to investigate some more latter.

FYI the VF-22 holds poses way better than the YF-21 IMO. The last couple of pics I could not get the YF-21 to sit in the same posture and the VF-22. Oh and the reason I have them sitting on those white cards is that I can't get either valks feet to get any purchasing grip on my desk.

Edited by logos

um... why is Guld sexin' up Gamlin?

You've seen Plus right? Guld can't help but try to sex up the unwilling ^_^ no but really he's just "drafting".

I'm not sure if it's just the way I've transformed them but I noticed my 22's head and chest area are super tight. I can't even really turn the head left or right. The 21 on the other hand is like an old hooker, loose all over.

My wife just called me from Hong Kong (she´s on a business trip with her mother) and today she bought me Camrin Kizaki's VF-22S :lol:

She even searched macrossworld to find where to buy macross toys in Hong Kong :lol::lol:

where to find a wife like yours ? :p

You've seen Plus right? Guld can't help but try to sex up the unwilling ^_^ no but really he's just "drafting".

I'm not sure if it's just the way I've transformed them but I noticed my 22's head and chest area are super tight. I can't even really turn the head left or right. The 21 on the other hand is like an old hooker, loose all over.

Tried to kill her. ^_^

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Bastards, laugh while you can while my Max and Milla 22's are being produced.

Wait, am I missing something here? When did we get official confirmation of Max and Milia?? Those two VF-22s are my most wanted valkyries of ALL Macross! I passed on Gamlin in hopes that I'd make up for it by having those two beauties on my shelf. PLEASE tell me these are actually coming out!!! My Max and Milia shrine is incomplete without them. Max's VF-22 is easily my favorite valk.

Wait, am I missing something here? When did we get official confirmation of Max and Milia?? Those two VF-22s are my most wanted valkyries of ALL Macross! I passed on Gamlin in hopes that I'd make up for it by having those two beauties on my shelf. PLEASE tell me these are actually coming out!!! My Max and Milia shrine is incomplete without them. Max's VF-22 is easily my favorite valk.

somebody mentioned a few pages back that the sticker sheet has Max and Milia's names on it. since that's pretty much sure, let's all now pray for a VF-17D. :)

somebody mentioned a few pages back that the sticker sheet has Max and Milia's names on it. since that's pretty much sure, let's all now pray for a VF-17D. :)

I don't know if that's an official confirmation, though. They could have put those names on the sticker sheet just for those fans in the community who enjoy customizing. Yamato has always been somewhat of a custom-friendly toy producer. I won't get too excited yet, but I would DEFINITELY buy those two in a heartbeat! They are "grail" items for me.

Graham, please let Yamato know that these 2 are highly desired!