Surprise!

izzyfcuk

I heard the Macross M&M VF22S were already announced by Yamato and will be coming in 2010, but couldn't find anything on the web. Does anyone know?

Some lineart of the YF-19 actually shows it with such a gullet.

Yes, but it's only 3/4 the size of what the toy's is. That extra bit makes a huge difference when it comes to the slope of the neck. Look at the other line art angles as well as the ones for the VF-11B and you'll see it should be similar.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I heard the Macross M&M VF22S were already announced by Yamato and will be coming in 2010, but couldn't find anything on the web. Does anyone know?

Really....?!?!?!? Great this gives me another 6 months to really save up for doubles or triples of each! XD

Outside of Grahams comments on the matter on this page HERE I haven't heard anything about the m&m's.

Edited by IHATEYOU

The gullet is more important for the sleekness of the Yf-19 fightermode then the legs are. If they reduced or removed the gullet it wouldn't matter that much if they bulked up the legs alittle so the battroid mode looks better. I think thats a win-win situation for both camps.

Though its not the length (or height in side profile in fighermode) of the legs that has the biggest impact in battroid its the thickness or width seen from the front.

Make the legs a little thicker and wider, maybe add a feature to have flip out missile launchers like the VF-19. Reduce or remove the gullet by making the landing gear telescope and rotate to fit in a smaller compartment. Give it better looking hands and a larger gunpod. Better locking in Battroid and Gerwalk. And finally tampoprinted UN spacey kite logo on the front fuselage.

Do that and we would have a 19 worthy of displaying alongside the 21 and 11.

Edited by thankheaven

yup. i agree.

the 19 is the ugly duckling

among the 11 and 21.

i kinda like the battroid

mode but the fighter mode

is a turn off for me. unlike

the other 2, the 19 can easily

be seen as a transforming toy.

and it's too "toyish".

totally agree with geepogi and thankheaven

its the main reason why i dont have a yf-19 now

i used to have a 25th anniv yf-19 but i sold it off

the new repaints arent doing anything for me either

Hmm I must be one of the few who don't mind the gullet then-- even though I got the Hasegawa kit as well and I agree that the Hasegawa kit looks better. I guess in the end (to me) it is kind of like the Bandai 1/72 VF-25 and the DX-- the model kit looks sleeker but the toy is alot more playable?

I don't really know what i like the least on the YF-19. Its the overall look i guess the sum of all the little things that bothers me.

Another thing, maybe this is just mine but the chest piece with the head thats behind the front fuselage sits a little higher creating a gap that makes it look less sleek. Also the shoulders keeps popping up in fightermode ruining the look too. Yamato should try to find a way to lock these so they sit flush with the rest of the body in fightermode.

Before Yamato starts on any VF-19's i really wish they went back and redesigned the YF-19 first. Its not that bad but it simply doesn't feel like the 2nd generation toys the 21 and 11 does. More like a 1,5 generation.

The YF-19's look bothers me in the same way the DX VF-25 does. Though atleast the 19 has better looking landing gear :p

No it doesn't look that bad and it was my favorite for some time but after i got the YF-21 and VF-11 it doesn't look too hot anymore.

But the biggest problem isn't the looks, its the floppy chest in Battroid mode. That needs to be fixed more then anything.

Edited by thankheaven

I'm really starting to consider to stop buying yamato's limited stuff.

Don't you mean "really starting to think about considering to stop buying Yamato's limited stuff?" ;)

I bit the bullet and made a hopeful reservation on Hobby Search, I couldn't resist. Between the Armored DX's delay (and zero word on a DX -27 or -171) I was finding myself with a long period of time with no particular stuff I wanted with a little cash to burn. The YF-21/VF-22 is one of my very favorite mecha, and the Yamato -21 is outstanding, so I can bend my "no repaints" rule just this once. I'll be happy if I get one of the limited run; I'll (or rather the woman) be happy for the extra cash if I do not.

Edited by Letigre

Yamato could do a better 19 now if they wanted to and certainly reduce the gullet size.

However, the 19 is one of the most difficult VFs to create as a transforming toy and strike a good balance between fighter and battroid modes. Too much anime magic in Kawamori's original line art.

Graham

I don't hate my YF-19 but it's not standing up to the test of time at all. Other than a few minor grips here and there my VF-11 and YF-21 feel solid and feel like they are going to be solid for a long time. My YF-19 and VF-0S where a bit floppy out of the box and now they are fighter mode queens (or maybe I should be saying "fighter queens"?) as I can't get them to hold any kind of a pose decently in batroid mode.

I really can't wait for my VF-22 to show up. My YF-21 has been a fighter queen for a while now (I love the fighter mode to much I think) and this will give me an excuse to put it in another mode.

My complaint about my 25th YF-19 was also its floppiness.

This time, Yamato claimed that they have better QC on the joints, and I believe they are answering to the floppiness issue.

So I decided to trust them and pre-order the BoP!

Yamato could do a better 19 now if they wanted to and certainly reduce the gullet size.

However, the 19 is one of the most difficult VFs to create as a transforming toy and strike a good balance between fighter and battroid modes. Too much anime magic in Kawamori's original line art.

Graham

I doubt this will happen, but I bet it would be more cost effective for Yamato to release a v2 1/60 YF-19 without changing the mold that would correct floppiness and tighten the Valk up in fighter mode.

I actually like the size and this happens to be one of my favorite Valks. With everything coming down the pipe I don't see this happening, unless the double nuts is a "v2" that addresses the floppiness; then I don't see why Yamato would not re-release the original as a true v2 1/60 with the aforementioned fixes.

Hopeful... :unsure:

I'd bet money and say that M&M VF-22s are guaranteed given Yamato's track record.

Unless Gamera turns up and steps on the molds or something (bet is off then).

I may do a couple of recasts of the VF-22 parts since I'll be in the middle casting for my YF-21/VF-22 conversion project.

The viewpoint from Japanese fans is rather similar - they too want a v2.0 YF-19. Not repaints.

Technically, it would be a v3.0 Yamato YF-19.

Or you could say a v2.0 1/60 YF-19.

Anyway, it could possible happen in some form, but if it does, don't expect it too soon.

My biggest gripe with the present 1/60 YF-19 is the loose joints. The gullet doesn't bother me too much. Of course, if it does get redone, I would like to see some chest locking, opening leg weapon bays, more secure leg FAST Pack attachment and a smaller gullet.

Graham

After experiences with the 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1, 1/60 VF-0 and SV series, after I transformed the YF-19 for the first time, I was crazily looking for some way to lock the chest.

But no, there is not. The first time I whined about how a Yamato design is stupid.

Therefore I concluded that the YF-19 is not suitable for rolls and dives within the atmosphere; and also it fails to retain its battroid form in somewhere within gravity. (The ironic thing is, it's joints are so loose, it would fare better to hold a gun when there is no gravity.)

What am I complaining? They told you it's an experimental fighter!

LOL, all that after you just said that you trust Yamato and pre-ordered the BoP... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it that TRUST is all about? :rolleyes:

You've seen the mess, and they said they'll clear it up this time. And you take their claim and actually preorder the thing!

V3 YF-19? My wants:

1. Locking chest!

2. Locking tabs for the wings in the fighter mode, and multiple tabs at that. They're held in purely by pressure on one end--they don't lock or align, you just "push until they won't go in any further"--they love to pop out, always have uneven anhedral since they're just hanging in by one tab, and the left and right ones never go in the exact same distance.

3. Related to part 2---shoulders flush in fighter mode! Pushing them down pops the wings out. (even if you sand, and I've sanded mine a lot)

4. The codpiece. It could follow the other belly/neck curves a lot better in fighter mode, I don't see why it doesn't.

5. Completely redesign the intake/hip area. THEY SHOULD SPLIT APART. HIPS ARE NOT INTAKES, INTAKES ARE NOT HIPS. See the SHE VF-19S kit for how all -19s should be. Yamato cannot make a VF-19F/S with the current YF-19 hip design---that shows why it's wrong. (this also allows the hips and intakes to look right in both fighter and battroid mode, as you don't have to compromosie one shape for the other)

V3 YF-19? My wants:

1. Locking chest!

2. Locking tabs for the wings in the fighter mode, and multiple tabs at that. They're held in purely by pressure on one end--they don't lock or align, you just "push until they won't go in any further"--they love to pop out, always have uneven anhedral since they're just hanging in by one tab, and the left and right ones never go in the exact same distance.

3. Related to part 2---shoulders flush in fighter mode! Pushing them down pops the wings out. (even if you sand, and I've sanded mine a lot)

4. The codpiece. It could follow the other belly/neck curves a lot better in fighter mode, I don't see why it doesn't.

5. Completely redesign the intake/hip area. THEY SHOULD SPLIT APART. HIPS ARE NOT INTAKES, INTAKES ARE NOT HIPS. See the SHE VF-19S kit for how all -19s should be. Yamato cannot make a VF-19F/S with the current YF-19 hip design---that shows why it's wrong. (this also allows the hips and intakes to look right in both fighter and battroid mode, as you don't have to compromosie one shape for the other)

OMG the SHE VF-19S kit? Who's got that? That kit was the exclusive one. Were the hips different as opposed to the SHE VF-19 Kai (Fire), YF-19? Because I got both of those along with the SHE VF-22S, SHE YF-21 and the SHE VF-11.

***EDIT***

Ahh okay... it's pretty much the same thing as the YF-19 just a little different. I used the reference that Shawn and Graham have up on the main page under models>SHE

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX