Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

maybe the powdered milk and the melamine and the powdered milk shipments got switched around? melamine in baby formula and powdered milk at the ABS factory that Yamato orders plastic from? Would explain why yamato has such problems with the quality of their plastic...

Soo... Just don't suck on the VF-1's wings then? Or leave it around small kids?

On a serious note. I'm probably going to wait on getting my V2 VF-1... I've already got 4 (2 1:60 V1 and 2 1:48)... I'd much rather get the new VF-11 and whetever else Yamato has up their sleeves.

I'm about to transform my VF-1S back to fighter mode for the first time. The Strike/FAST packs are still attached. Should I remove them before transforming or is it save to keep them attached? :huh:

I realy want the VF-1A or the VF-1J and maybe the 1S but there sold out i asked bigbadtoystore if they can put in there store havent checked my email to see tell me ware to get one except japan hobby plz B))

My VF-1S had the shoulders broken upon receipt. And I just got this TWO days ago and took it out of the box. WTF!!

I brought the legs down to transform it to gerwalk and there I could see the right shoulder cracked at the pin. I moved the legs out of the way to repair the damage.

I applied styrene glue and let it sit to soften the plastic before I apply pressure to rejoin the parts and glue them together wiith a second application of styrene glue. So far, so good, I left the parts alone for eight hours so the glue would be completely dried out and the crack set and repaired. I then proceded to remove the shoulder covers because the shoulders were on too tight and I feared the arm would break also.

I don't know what the hell is going on with these, but this F-ing sucks.

Thanks for nothing Yamato. <_<

depends ware you bought it bigbadtostore products are better and you can try robotech.com

Graham wrote:

I spoke with somebody from Yamato Hong Kong yesterday (although Yamato Japan are still not talking to me).

Regarding recent delays, apparently the Japanese government is now demanding some sort of additional certification on toys manufactured in China. This means that new toys have to go through additional testing by an independant lab to get certified.

I'm not sure on the nature of the testing, but what I was told is that there are only a limited number of labs doing this type of testing and certification and there is a big backlog as all the toy factories in southern China need to get their toys certified before they can be exported to Japan.

Graham

This is interesting. The same thing exists in Poland - except in our law there are "toys" and then there are "Adult Collectibles." If you designate something an Adult Collectible, then it does not require any such certification from approved laboratories.

So, unless Yamato is marketing these Valkyrie to ages 5-10, which would be crazy, could they not simply not call their products toys and instead call them adult collectibles, or does Japenese law not distinguish the two? It strikes me as almost impossible to think that Japanese law does not distinguish between adult collectibles and toys - unless perhaps Yamato valkyrie are sold in toy stores alongside other explicit toys, and Yamato would rather pass lab tests to certify the Valkyrie as toys in order to be able to place their products in large chain toy stores?

Kaiyodo, for example, explicitly distinguishes by writing on its' box that Revoltechs are not toys, and not meant for children, and that they are collectibles for adults.

I noticed Yamato apparently at one point was hoping to sell their Macross stuff in Europe as toys because they slapped EC certificates on the 1/48 VF-1S - but they didn't put it on other Valkyrie... perhaps because they didn't pass EU legal muster as "toys" - which is lamentable, but at least in Poland the law explicitly stipulates the existance of "Adult Collectibles."

I wonder - doesn't Japanese law have a seperate category as well for this?

Pete

Graham wrote:

This is interesting. The same thing exists in Poland - except in our law there are "toys" and then there are "Adult Collectibles." If you designate something an Adult Collectible, then it does not require any such certification from approved laboratories.

So, unless Yamato is marketing these Valkyrie to ages 5-10, which would be crazy, could they not simply not call their products toys and instead call them adult collectibles, or does Japenese law not distinguish the two? It strikes me as almost impossible to think that Japanese law does not distinguish between adult collectibles and toys - unless perhaps Yamato valkyrie are sold in toy stores alongside other explicit toys, and Yamato would rather pass lab tests to certify the Valkyrie as toys in order to be able to place their products in large chain toy stores?

Kaiyodo, for example, explicitly distinguishes by writing on its' box that Revoltechs are not toys, and not meant for children, and that they are collectibles for adults.

I noticed Yamato apparently at one point was hoping to sell their Macross stuff in Europe as toys because they slapped EC certificates on the 1/48 VF-1S - but they didn't put it on other Valkyrie... perhaps because they didn't pass EU legal muster as "toys" - which is lamentable, but at least in Poland the law explicitly stipulates the existance of "Adult Collectibles."

I wonder - doesn't Japanese law have a seperate category as well for this?

Pete

Well toy stores in japan have walls filled with SOC's, Gundam GFF's as well as yamato valkyries... So im guessing the toys have to be manufactured using safe materials that wont be toxic and poison children when they are manufactured. Recently governments have been more strict on manufacturing practices than ever before due to the amount of recalled items that have been manufactured in china for safety reasons... Its not surprising really...

Definitely passing on the VF-1S Focker until they release a more durable one. I hope the VF-1S Hikaru is problem-free. I just picked up a VF-1A Hikaru. Keeping my fingers crossed it's not a lemon when it arrives. Off hand, has anyone reported any problems with the -1A? I haven't seen any posts about it having the dreaded shoulder breakage yet.

Definitely passing on the VF-1S Focker until they release a more durable one. I hope the VF-1S Hikaru is problem-free. I just picked up a VF-1A Hikaru. Keeping my fingers crossed it's not a lemon when it arrives. Off hand, has anyone reported any problems with the -1A? I haven't seen any posts about it having the dreaded shoulder breakage yet.

I havent read a post about any problems with the -1A's as of the moment. Personally no problems with mine aswell. Some people say its better to get the 1S without S&S.

I havent read a post about any problems with the -1A's as of the moment. Personally no problems with mine aswell. Some people say its better to get the 1S without S&S.

So wait, are there problems with the 1/60 1S strike valk? did I miss something, I thought it was practically perfect? It maybe too late for me anyway, I bought one a week ago from HLJ...

So wait, are there problems with the 1/60 1S strike valk? did I miss something, I thought it was practically perfect? It maybe too late for me anyway, I bought one a week ago from HLJ...

Some Focker 1S' have Yamato's exploding shoulders. Some members found loosening the screws in the shoulders helped but it seems like you have a small chance of getting hosed... Many of us have perfectly fine Focker 1S strikes... for now.

Some Focker 1S' have Yamato's exploding shoulders. Some members found loosening the screws in the shoulders helped but it seems like you have a small chance of getting hosed... Many of us have perfectly fine Focker 1S strikes... for now.

Alright then. Well let's hope then that the shoulders on mine dont explode when it arrives!

Lowsy yamato always releasing Focker first so everyone buys it; then finding out that there actually is a problem, fixing it for the ones that are not as popular; so we buy them because they have been improved. Diabolical. Fortunately HLJ replaced a part on my 1/60 VF-0S for free when there was a problem with the shoulder...

Still looking forward to it though! and the 1J... and the 1D... assuming that is coming out. Is there a date on that or is it speculation?

Alright then. Well let's hope then that the shoulders on mine dont explode when it arrives!

Lowsy yamato always releasing Focker first so everyone buys it; then finding out that there actually is a problem, fixing it for the ones that are not as popular; so we buy them because they have been improved. Diabolical. Fortunately HLJ replaced a part on my 1/60 VF-0S for free when there was a problem with the shoulder...

Still looking forward to it though! and the 1J... and the 1D... assuming that is coming out. Is there a date on that or is it speculation?

Yeah possibly luck of the draw for the 1S. I have a S&S Focker and a non S&S one, both are fine. However one cant tell, possibly a ticking time bomb. I hear November for the 1J. 1D probably next year.

Yeah still no problems with my Fokker, so I'm happy. And I just got my Hikaru, decaled and fast pack armed and it just looks so damn nice. I'd transform it into battroid mode but I'm too damn tired to even bother lol.

The notion that you have to even mess with the screws or the pin is ridiculous for the price of these toys.

True. It is sad thing specifically for this toy, as everywhere else, it is pretty much solid all around. I prefer the 1/48 swing bar/hip placement, but even then getting the swing bar in place for battroid, and taking it back out was nowhere near as much as a b1tch as I thought it would be.

Well I waited a little bit to see what ppl had to say about the VF-1S and im glad I did... it seems a great number of the first batch with S&S parts has the infamous shoulder breakage at the arm... I went out a bought a VF-1A hikky after reading reviews that most ppl said there were no problems with... Its a shame that we have to be cautious about every new yamato release for problems... You'd think by now they would know how to manufacture a problem free toy. Bandai's first releases almost never have the severe QC problems that yamato has.

I have had my 1A Hikaru for almost 3 weeks now. Done a total of 3 transformation cycles, and I can see not visible stress/damage marks any kind. I don't think I'll transform it for a while as to not push my luck :p , and it will stay in fast-packed fighter mode for the conceivable future.

The one thing I noticed during my last transformation was that the swing bar lid in front of the cockpit (the one used for clipping the leg swing bar during transformation to battroid) would not stay tightly closed in battroid form. I recall that the first transformation that I did, it snapped shut very tightly, almost to the point where some force was needed to both clip and unclip that lid.

I have had my 1A Hikaru for almost 3 weeks now. Done a total of 3 transformation cycles, and I can see not visible stress/damage marks any kind. I don't think I'll transform it for a while as to not push my luck :p , and it will stay in fast-packed fighter mode for the conceivable future.

The one thing I noticed during my last transformation was that the swing bar lid in front of the cockpit (the one used for clipping the leg swing bar during transformation to battroid) would not stay tightly closed in battroid form. I recall that the first transformation that I did, it snapped shut very tightly, almost to the point where some force was needed to both clip and unclip that lid.

Well that's the tricky part... You see the two pegs that fold in next to the nose cone area sometimes flop out and if that happens it jams the contact and keeps the metal swing bar from locking into its place. This is the part I think you have to worry about most because to get it right you have to unlock the chest and move the entire body up to fit the swingbar in its place. Dont force the nose hatch open or you can break it... That's the only real part I had difficulty with while transforming it to battloid mode for the first time.

I know this is a little off topic, and there is an existing thread talking about this but it seems a bit too general...

I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow and am definitely intending on picking up one or two macross things (of the new 2.0 line - keeping with the thread)... Where is the best place to go to get them? Mong Kok (if thats right) seems to be the place to go, but seeing as Ive never been around Honkers before, mention of more specific stores may be helpful! Also mention of places to avoid would be good...

I know this is a little off topic, and there is an existing thread talking about this but it seems a bit too general...

I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow and am definitely intending on picking up one or two macross things (of the new 2.0 line - keeping with the thread)... Where is the best place to go to get them? Mong Kok (if thats right) seems to be the place to go, but seeing as Ive never been around Honkers before, mention of more specific stores may be helpful! Also mention of places to avoid would be good...

CTMA centre in Mongkok... use google maps, very helpful. :D

CTMA is a great place for toy-lovers. There is another place called In's Point, which is around 10-15 minutes' walk from CTMA. Also lots of toys shop there. In particular there is one shop there quite well-known for a relatively good collection of Yamato Macross toys with a good price.

If you are looking for specific models, just name it and I would check for you. I live just across the street!

CTMA is a great place for toy-lovers. There is another place called In's Point, which is around 10-15 minutes' walk from CTMA. Also lots of toys shop there. In particular there is one shop there quite well-known for a relatively good collection of Yamato Macross toys with a good price.

If you are looking for specific models, just name it and I would check for you. I live just across the street!

Welcome to MW... PM'd you. :rolleyes:

Well I waited a little bit to see what ppl had to say about the VF-1S and im glad I did... it seems a great number of the first batch with S&S parts has the infamous shoulder breakage at the arm... I went out a bought a VF-1A hikky after reading reviews that most ppl said there were no problems with... Its a shame that we have to be cautious about every new yamato release for problems... You'd think by now they would know how to manufacture a problem free toy. Bandai's first releases almost never have the severe QC problems that yamato has.

Good that I hesitated too... I remember the first batch of 1/48 VF-1S had its share of problems too, which were fixed later.

I am awaiting my re-release of SS VF1S in coming December! With experiences from previous 3 batches (SS 1S, 1S, 1J), I believe this release should be solid.

Did they change the type of plastic for the shoulder?

It looks noticeably different. I only ask this because my VF-1S shoulder JUST got a fracture.

Friggin Yamato. UGH.