Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

heh heh yeah, tail fins and what is the correct term for the.. uh.. "stabilizer?" leg fins? David?

Well in theory the vertical fins are called/is called the vertical stabilizers. The underside ones are called ventral fins, like on the fishies.

Already answered regarding fin names, but I was going to post anyways about the modex numbers on them--I'm *very* glad to see they're there. All of the 1J's from TV just simply have to have them to look right, as they don't have them anywhere else--not on the nose, not on the wings. So here's hoping Max and Milia get theirs. (honestly I'd really like Roy's to have had them on all 4 of his fins too, but they're much smaller and not as important on that scheme--he has them on the nose and wings already---they'd be nice to have, but not essential)

It's funny. . . of all the VF-1 color schemes, Hikaru's VF-1J from SDF Macross just seems to belong in battroid mode more than any other. Whereas I nearly always display the others in Fighter or Gerwalk.

And those images are incredible. Maybe it's something about the VF-1J head, but the fuselage poking up above the chest-plate looks less pronounced on the VF-1J. Only an optical illusion I'm sure. . . but a welcome one!

H

It's funny. . . of all the VF-1 color schemes, Hikaru's VF-1J from SDF Macross just seems to belong in battroid mode more than any other. Whereas I nearly always display the others in Fighter or Gerwalk.

And those images are incredible. Maybe it's something about the VF-1J head, but the fuselage poking up above the chest-plate looks less pronounced on the VF-1J. Only an optical illusion I'm sure. . . but a welcome one!

H

yeah, the 1s is just so tall that it really showcases the wonky head placement, the 1j and 1a heads pretty good on the 1/6 v2 to me.

Can't wait till i get mine!

H

well, fwiw, the Hikky-1J is really quite boring in both GERWALK and fighter modes. :lol:

contrast with its kickass Battroid-mode and in Armored GBP-mode. B))

at any rate, i'm not particularly fond of the clown-hands for the 1/60v2 coz I think the normal hands spiffy enough and not chicken-fingers like the 1/48.

kinda funny to think that yammie's got the clown-hands for the vf-1j, while bandai got the clown-feet on the vf-25. :lol:;):p

I would kill for a TV style Focker, possible the coolest color helmet ever...

I bet Yamato could make a repaint of the pilot, release a vf-1s roy with TV style fast packs bundle, say it's limited and sell for 400+

you listening Yamato?

I am sold.

BTW, don't forget the arrow on the head! Make it black and it's TV version. Put in the "glove hands" as well, now Yamato you have the limited TV edition Super VF-1S.

I am sold.

BTW, don't forget the arrow on the head! Make it black and it's TV version. Put in the "glove hands" as well, now Yamato you have the limited TV edition Super VF-1S.

Hoho, you must have been reading my mind! Black Tv version, glove hands, lighter fast packs... fixed shoulders... What a lifestyle! B))

December? That's like - not possible :)

I need to get some stands for these guys...

Pete

I dunno. The sign below the Hikaru VF-1s says 2008<Some Kanji> 12<Getsu(month in english) + other kanji> so maybe it really would be released in December 2008. HOORAY. I can get these before going back to the Philippines :lol:

They didn't say so in the description (say, unlike Tomahawk weathering), and Hikaru 1S should be regular item too.

Maybe this is some kind of exclusive again? I can't find the 1S Hikaru on pre-order anywhere - for December or later :(

Pete

Thanks for the photo at the show. But this photo shows exactly what I like the least about the 1/60 v2: the neck and "collar bone" and fuselage area.

Do you own a V2.0? I dont think the neck and collarbone thing is all that bad in person (barely noticed it until ppl started pointing it out!!!) - I actually think the relative valley on the 1/48 is too deep...

Its funny though, comparing the 1/48s to the 1/60s side by side, I almost prefer the 1/48s better, design wise, in all modes. The hugeness of them just screams awesome, among other things. That and they seem not to be as breakable, ironically, or scuffable. Maybe Ive just been blessed with the good stuff!

Still, 1/60s are that much cheaper... and they all fit into the cupboard better... and the missiles stay on!

side note (which is back on track) - that VF-1S hikaru looks pretty good, but ill stay with the focker everytime. Are we sure its not exclusive?

opened my 1A last night; all is perfect, transformed 3 or 4 times all without a hassle. started the panel lining (Which is a bitch, the lines are so thin...) and putthe stickers on the FP's.

i like the 1A head. It sits well in the recessed well in fighter mode, but looks decent in battroid.

AND my lovely wife is getting me the 1J for Christmas! Woohoo!

opened my 1A last night; all is perfect, transformed 3 or 4 times all without a hassle. started the panel lining (Which is a bitch, the lines are so thin...) and putthe stickers on the FP's.

Hey do the shoulder hinges look like they may be made from a different material? There are no breakages reported on the hinges for the 1A, and I now wonder if the materials were changed from then on.

No problems with mine. Had'em for a while now. Although I'll be picking up Hikaru's VF-1S, I can't see the logic in getting it if you're not a completist. The heads are interchangable. Unless there's a difference in the VF-1S heads I'd say get Hikaru's 1A and Roy's 1S. When you get tired of looking at them in certain configuration switch out the head and transform Roy into fighter mode.

gallery_7126_36_798821.jpg

gallery_7126_36_567551.jpg

No problems with mine. Had'em for a while now. Although I'll be picking up Hikaru's VF-1S, I can't see the logic in getting it if you're not a completist. The heads are interchangable. Unless there's a difference in the VF-1S heads I'd say get Hikaru's 1A and Roy's 1S. When you get tired of looking at them in certain configuration switch out the head and transform Roy into fighter mode.

Roy's 1S head has yellow arrows on the side while Hikaru's has red arrows. Also the wings and cockpit on Hikaru's 1A are tampoed with 011 whereas his 1S is 001. It's not a perfect conversion but if those things don't bother you then more power to you.

Yes, I own 3 1/60s now...

And the collarbone thing is a sore sight to me. To be fair, 1/48 has its bad moments too, but just that I am talking about the 1/60 this time.

It depends on how you pose it... But whenever the view is from the top, that neck and collarbone area looks... so toyly to me. It's like the engineer couldn't hide or at least decorate those parts better. Interestingly, I don't feel the same for 1/48 while they have the same mechanism. Probably it's the fuselage that affects the perception of my human eyes? (human eyes are so unreliable; to me, VF-1J would look slimmmer than 1S because of different stripe color)

And about the VF-1S Hikaru, I didn't see any wording about "exclusive" there. No worries!

Do you own a V2.0? I dont think the neck and collarbone thing is all that bad in person (barely noticed it until ppl started pointing it out!!!) - I actually think the relative valley on the 1/48 is too deep...

Its funny though, comparing the 1/48s to the 1/60s side by side, I almost prefer the 1/48s better, design wise, in all modes. The hugeness of them just screams awesome, among other things. That and they seem not to be as breakable, ironically, or scuffable. Maybe Ive just been blessed with the good stuff!

Still, 1/60s are that much cheaper... and they all fit into the cupboard better... and the missiles stay on!

side note (which is back on track) - that VF-1S hikaru looks pretty good, but ill stay with the focker everytime. Are we sure its not exclusive?

Yes, I own 3 1/60s now...

And the collarbone thing is a sore sight to me. To be fair, 1/48 has its bad moments too, but just that I am talking about the 1/60 this time.

It depends on how you pose it... But whenever the view is from the top, that neck and collarbone area looks... so toyly to me. It's like the engineer couldn't hide or at least decorate those parts better. Interestingly, I don't feel the same for 1/48 while they have the same mechanism. Probably it's the fuselage that affects the perception of my human eyes? (human eyes are so unreliable; to me, VF-1J would look slimmmer than 1S because of different stripe color)

And about the VF-1S Hikaru, I didn't see any wording about "exclusive" there. No worries!

Fair call(s) - it's all subjective in the final analysis... When you say you own 3, do u already have the 1J?

Ill prolly get hikaru 1S without strike pack - just put the 1A strike pack on him! that or simply switch the 1A head with FOckers 1S! (yes yellow stripe may or may not hurt it)...

Ironically enough, the only 1/48 I've ever owned was the Hikaru 1J. (I sold it a long while back.)

The low hanging arms in fighter mode didn't bother me at all at the time, but now that I have the new 1/60 Roy 1S, I couldn't go back because I've gotten so used to the arms not hanging low in fighter mode.

I haven't had any problems with mine and it's my favorite Yamato valk by far.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Yeap, I am from HK so I get my hands on the 1J much earlier. :)

If I can choose again.. I probably would have bought the VF-1A w/o the SSP. I mean, I also think I need only one set of SSP among VF-1A(H) and VF-1S(H), but as a box collector, I want the the Hikaru 1S in full SSP set. Strange mentality, isn't it? :blink:

Fair call(s) - it's all subjective in the final analysis... When you say you own 3, do u already have the 1J?

Ill prolly get hikaru 1S without strike pack - just put the 1A strike pack on him! that or simply switch the 1A head with FOckers 1S! (yes yellow stripe may or may not hurt it)...