Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Did they change the type of plastic for the shoulder?

It looks noticeably different. I only ask this because my VF-1S shoulder JUST got a fracture.

Friggin Yamato. UGH.

It does look different, maybe POM? I thought there were issues molding POM in certain colors, maybe that's why they're grey.

No changes to the nose/canopy, yet :mellow:

Edited by ghostryder

Hmm...the shoulder hinge does look grey colour...hopefully is a new stronger material used

Why no tampo prints like UN spacy logo, etc like the 1S & 1A? Hope this is not final product.

Edited by Javabean

Well I like the color of the VF-1D and battloid mode alot! I just wish the canopy was more anime accurate but with the economy the way it is I can see why yamato might not want to spend more money on a different sculpt... Oh well I guess this is the best rendition were gonna get for now.

Finally got my first v2.0 1/60. The Roy 1S. Try as I might, I'm having a hard time getting over the fuselage showing above the chest in battroid mode where there would normally be that cool recessed area (like on the 1/48). I realize it was necessary to overcome the "overly long nose" issue that the 1/48 had in battroid mode. But it sorta ruins the whole upper-chest and head area for me. . . which is one of the most cool and solid looking parts of the 1/48 to me.

I was hoping I'd like the 1/60 so much that I'd be able to sell off my 1/48s and save all that space. I guess I'll put them here side-by-side for a few days and hope that the 1/60 grows on me. I do love the Tampo printed UN SPACY markings and the Fighter and Gerwalk mode are perfect. I saw the odd upper-chest issues in the pictures and hoped it wouldn't be so apparent in person. All-in-all, it's a nice toy. Just not sure it's so good that I don't want my 1/48s anymore. Which is the standard I was hoping it would achieve.

Yes, I have a complaint about a toy. Oh no! :rolleyes:

Edit: Couple of quick pics. . .

both.jpg

1-48.jpg

1-60.jpg

I guess I'm in for the new 1D and will see how well it will fare in my book...if all goes well, I might jump in the 1/60 bandwagon...

this release will serve as a catalyst for people who are holding back on the 1/60s release because they had spend so much money on the previous 1/48s...

my wallet is hoping it wont go well...but that'd just mean that I'd get a bad 1/60 release.....

That 1D looks great to me!

By the way thanks to the people who gave advice on the hunting - found the 1A Hikaru in Mong Kok... Unfort it came with a broken backpack!!!! (i.e. the little flap at the back came snapped off - and the hole is kind of cut in two... if that makes any sense!) - its not a huge deal though. My 1S came into me from HLJ the other day too - and it is perfection itself NO problems whatsoever! Big fan of both, and the upcoming 1D definitely excites me now. Its just a shame the exchange rate to australian dollars is so poor at the moment - I hope it all improves soon.

I just cant wait for this one! It looks so great! Especially in Battroid mode. I hope preorder opens soon. I cant miss out on this one.

I have the old ver 1/60 1D.

Yes, I think the new version 1D looks great, especially in the Battroid mode :mellow: ... however I am yet to own any ver.2 1/60 VF toy.

I am still waiting them to 'fix' the VF1S shoulder crack problem. I am hoping Yamato will ship better QA product while they release the 1D. :unsure:

The 1D head looks too narrow, almost looks like a 1A head with a different visor. The rest of it looks great.

From this angle I like the head even though it does look a bit narrow. I would like to see more angles of it to get a better 3D information. The only gripe I have is that the green visor sensors are too dark for my liking. I would want to make them almost florescent lime green but still have some transparency.

I think battroid mode looks wicked, menacing, hope the shoulders will be fine by the time she rolls out.

Itching to pre-order her.

Also hope they refined the faces of Hikaru and Minmay, wonder if he will have his helmet visor down or up.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm astounded that so many people are giving the VF-1D's too-short cockpit a free pass. Considering that one of Yamato's big arguments against a 1/48 two-seater was the need for a new nose, and the way Yamato went as far as to create a modular nosecone design on the V2, I'm really disappointed that the cockpit changes are no more than a new clear cover. Why exactly couldn't that be done on the 1/48? What was the point of the easily swapped cockpit if they aren't going to use it for anything more than a one-off gimmick (the arm mounted cockpit)? Bah and humbug.

I'm astounded that so many people are giving the VF-1D's too-short cockpit a free pass. Considering that one of Yamato's big arguments against a 1/48 two-seater was the need for a new nose, and the way Yamato went as far as to create a modular nosecone design on the V2, I'm really disappointed that the cockpit changes are no more than a new clear cover. Why exactly couldn't that be done on the 1/48? What was the point of the easily swapped cockpit if they aren't going to use it for anything more than a one-off gimmick (the arm mounted cockpit)? Bah and humbug.

Yeah, they should provide an additional extra longer cockpit just for the fighter mode.