Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

With the 1/48's it was best to remove the FAST packs before transforming because of the BP8 horror stories. I'm a little worried I might break it. I removed the packs before transforming just to be save. It's actually very easy to transform. I don't know what all the fuss with the hipbar was about, I encountered no problems whatsoever.

lol nuh, what movie? I've only been watching "Blades of Glory", it's my new fav movie, it's on austar (pay) and this is the 3rd time today it's been on. :lol:

Chazz Michael Michaels IS Figure Skating! B o o m!

Any movie with Will Ferrel is great AFAIC.

Would an admin please create a thumbnail and link to Graham's review of the 1/60 v2 on the main page please? Having to go to the old thread each time I wanna look at the manual is starting to get a little frustrating. I know there's a manual taped to the box, I just don't want to remove it. ^_^

People do thumbnails all the time, i have no idea how it works! :-/

you can either just add an attachment to your post or when you upload to imageshack or some other image hosting sites, they may provide a thumbnail for you. Imageshack does for sure. I personally don't like thumbnails. I like clicking on the thread and seeing the pics right on the posts.

Thanks for starting this new thread mate! After seeing that pic above I am even more excited for the release of the v.2 1/60s. I was unaware that they were going to give Hikky some TV hands and FPs too. THAT'S THE $HIZNIT!!!

EDIT-----> Are those TV Booby Ducks?

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

I don't know what all the fuss with the hipbar was about, I encountered no problems whatsoever.

No problems here, either. I just had the underside of the nose facing me, pulled from below and they popped right out. I'm so used to the 1/48 that I tried for the longest time to figure out how to get the nosecone panel to fold back down over the bar so it's flush with the rest of the undercarriage and helps hold the bar in place (like the 1/'48), but then I realized it's impossible and that it just sort of sticks out. Seems like a weird design choice, but it doesn't seem to be a negative issue.

Honey Bunches of Valks!!! :ph34r:

It's from Yamato's blog and I think it has to do with the QC guy inspecting samples at the chinese factory

I ran the page through Google Translations

Ummmmm.......Wow :wacko: That's alot of 1/60 v.2 Roys.....ALOT!

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

You know, it's just something about the VF-1J I don't like with Fastpacks, now the GBPS okay, THAT I would pay 150 for. I think this one I'd just buy the figure and not the armor.

I gotta really push for sales for the next few months I guess XD

I never knew the FP designs were different in the DYRL and TV versions. O_o

The front of the TV FP arm piece are slanted at an angle like this: /

The front of the DYRL FP arm piece are more horizontal and straight with small diagonal edges.

What other differences are there?

Edited by OmegaD3k

You guys probably hate me by now for my sarcasticremarks and constant flaming but here goes my first post since my second temp ban... Im really tempted to wait for the VF-1J strike hikky version but Id rather get the VF-1A model since I do not yet have a VF-1A head...

Those fast packs on the vf-1j dont look like the correct TV colors to me, look more like the dyrl colors. TV fast packs were more green.

I always saw the TV packs as being more of a pure gray without the greenish tint (e.g., the VF-0 fast packs) . The DYRL pack should be very dark with a midnight/navy blue hue. So really, none of Yamato's VF-1 fastpack offerings are correct.

You guys probably hate me by now for my sarcasticremarks and constant flaming but here goes my first post since my second temp ban... Im really tempted to wait for the VF-1J strike hikky version but Id rather get the VF-1A model since I do not yet have a VF-1A head...

you mean that's the second time you've been banned?! :blink:

Well, the 1A goes out this month and it'll be a couple of months more before the 1J goes out, so there'll be time to save up even if you get the 1A :) I'm definirtrely going to put my other collections on hold for these 1/60's for the moment :)

I always saw the TV packs as being more of a pure gray without the greenish tint (e.g., the VF-0 fast packs) . The DYRL pack should be very dark with a midnight/navy blue hue. So really, none of Yamato's VF-1 fastpack offerings are correct.

I totally agree with you!

r they basically releasing a month apart?

Sort of. 1A is speculated to be released at the end of this month (for the lack of a definite date as most sites just has August as a release date) and Yamato's site schedules the 1J release as October (which presumably is at the end of October). This gives us a one-month window to save up if we get the 1A this month :)

I totally agree with you!

Ok, help me out here.

The next release is the VF-1A correct? Will it have FP's?

Then the next release is the VF-1J correct? Will it have FP's? (I read through the post and lost my way)

If it has FP's are they going to be TV or DYRL FP's (Look how smart I am with all the abbreviations)

There was never a VF-1A Higgy with FP's released in 1/48 correct?

But the below were released in 1/48 correct?

VF-1S Higgy with FP's

VF-1J with FP's

VF-1A without FP's

Edited by sqidd

you can either just add an attachment to your post or when you upload to imageshack or some other image hosting sites, they may provide a thumbnail for you. Imageshack does for sure. I personally don't like thumbnails. I like clicking on the thread and seeing the pics right on the posts.

Cool thanks! I'll create an account there just to make use of the feature, but not overuse it, just for special occasions.