Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I would kill for a TV style Focker, possible the coolest color helmet ever...

I bet Yamato could make a repaint of the pilot, release a vf-1s roy with TV style fast packs bundle, say it's limited and sell for 400+

you listening Yamato?

400, no way. Normal release YES WAY! :-D

Hikaru's VF-1S with Strike Parts on Yamato's site. December release.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1247

Here it is on display at the 23rd Miyazawa Model Exhibition.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/011711/

04lg1.jpg

Thanks again IXTL for your great scoops!

Where's my early bird pre-order...................................

Thanks for the photo at the show. But this photo shows exactly what I like the least about the 1/60 v2: the neck and "collar bone" and fuselage area.

How about if we paint the base plate a lighter grey or even valk white, maybe that would make it not stick out as much, i considered that for

my 1/48's a while back but never did anything about it. It's not a huge bummer for me though, i just want my Hikky 1S 1/60!

Looking at that pic again, those hands look way too big. :lol: I'll be sticking with the poseable hands for all my new 1/60's i get they are perfect!

Those fixed hands would look great on the 1/60 v.2 GBP-1S though. :)

Hope it's not some exclusive b/s, it's around the same pricing as the Roy Stirke pack.

As if they would be that DUMB to make the main hero valk an exclusive. I mean honestly...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

opened my 1A last night; all is perfect, transformed 3 or 4 times all without a hassle. started the panel lining (Which is a bitch, the lines are so thin...) and putthe stickers on the FP's.

i like the 1A head. It sits well in the recessed well in fighter mode, but looks decent in battroid.

AND my lovely wife is getting me the 1J for Christmas! Woohoo!

She is a lovely wife! :D

My wifey is going to get me a harry potter hardcover pack. I'll buy macross for myself though lol. VF-0S hell yeah!

Yeap, I am from HK so I get my hands on the 1J much earlier. :)

If I can choose again.. I probably would have bought the VF-1A w/o the SSP. I mean, I also think I need only one set of SSP among VF-1A(H) and VF-1S(H), but as a box collector, I want the the Hikaru 1S in full SSP set. Strange mentality, isn't it? :blink:

yeah, i say ill just get the regular, but in the end it will prolly be with the SSP's also! ^_^

Hmm...i prefer to get 1S Hikky w/o SSP. I can use the SP fm 1J Hikky (which I receiving tdy Yipee!), for 1S Hikky instead.

As a perfectionist...

The SP from 1J has a different color, different arm armor, and without the strike cannon! And you have to choose between the UNSPACY logo or skull logo! No, I can't live with that! ;)

Edited by ff95gj

With the v.2 1/60s.... c'mon Jenius. :p Guess i should have worded it better instead of opening myself up to an attack. :lol:

And i've made spelling/typo mistakes, ahh i need sleep. Sometimes i type too fast or get called by someone and forget to check and edit.

Some pics i can't see on this site (office comp), i'll try and check it out tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm if Yamato made the effort of giving the correct TV arm armor sculpt instead of just repeating the DYRL?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Here you go!

TV version:

PH1222411058.jpg

DYRL version:

PH1211508934.jpg

The arm armors are different~

The color is not accurate from the offical pics though. The TV version should be lighter in fact.

One more thing: for 1/48, Yamato does have the TV version pack produced accurately. Only that it only comes with the Hikaru 1J deluxe set.

Well, you get the right thing from M&M 1Js too, but you couldn't very well use them on other valkyries.

Edited by ff95gj

Here you go!

TV version:

DYRL version:

The arm armors are different~

The color is not accurate from the offical pics though. The TV version should be lighter in fact.

One more thing: for 1/48, Yamato does have the TV version pack produced accurately. Only that it only comes with the Hikaru 1J deluxe set.

Well, you get the right thing from M&M 1Js too, but you couldn't very well use them on other valkyries.

i thought it would be pics of the actual FPs of your new 1J... guess the wife still has the camera held hostage :rolleyes: ... well, i'll take your word for it that it is actually lighter in color... ;)

After seeing the gamu toys pics, maybe it's me being too optimistic, but it looks like the shoulders are made from a different material on the 1J

i hope your optimism holds true...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I'm glad I pre-ordered the 1J, it looks sweet! Thanks to all of you guys for the pics. Just can't believe I gotta wait another 2 weeks before I can get my hands on it. Oh, well, I guess some things are worth waiting for ^_^ !

Here is the REAL item comparison!

This is the comparison between the 1/60 TV SP and the DYRL SSP:

post-10384-1227177727_thumb.jpg

I don't know why I do it, but here is the comparison for the 1/48 counterparts.

post-10384-1227177740_thumb.jpg

i thought it would be pics of the actual FPs of your new 1J... guess the wife still has the camera held hostage :rolleyes: ... well, i'll take your word for it that it is actually lighter in color... ;)

i hope your optimism holds true...

Edited by ff95gj

Here is the REAL item comparison!

This is the comparison between the 1/60 TV SP and the DYRL SSP:

post-10384-1227177727_thumb.jpg

The TV FP's should be a bit lighter and "blue/greener". Why don't they have the missles (or whatever they are) sticking out of the forearm armor? I'm looking at my 1/48 VF-1J TV special pack deal and it has the missles. The M&M's have them too.

Edited by sqidd

Just come across a couple of pics from the official site. The fuselage is bad. :(

photo26.jpgphoto35.jpg

(The big chest plate of 1/48 is good for me)

The more I see the chestplate of the 1/60 v.2 the happier I get about not getting many of them. It looks horrible! It certainly outweighs the thinner more line art accurate legs. I can’t even see the legs past that piece of doo doo sticking up in front of the head/neck in Batroid mode.

I have one 1/60 and it’s the VF1A S&S. The only reason I got it is it wasn’t available in 1/48. It’s still in the box. If it comes out it’s being left in fighter mode for sure

Thanks for the pics, ff95gj! That chest piece on the 1/60 V.2 makes it seem like it has an elongated neck. I guess that synchizes it---I like these version 2 1/60's but the 1/48's will always be #1 in my book.

Is the new chest plate a result of the removable cockpit assembly?

I think the chestplate/cockput through said chestpiece is a result of them attempting to keep good fighter mode proportions while keeping the nosecone not so far down the legs for battroid mode. If that makes any sense at all.

I agree with ruskiiVFaussie - comparison from this angle is not that great. In person side by side they are both great... From any other angle.

I never found how low down the nosecone went in battroid mode to be distracting. I do find the elevated head a bit distracting. That said, the elevated head is so minor that most the time I don't even notice it. It's only when it's put side by side and looked at from straight ahead with a 1/48 that it looks bad to me. On it's own it actually looks a bit more natural than the 1/48 since it has a more human-like figure.

Never cared for the 1/48 sacled nose length either, and that extra part they give you for the GBP-1S 1/48 is a waste of plastic.

Now, really want to see the v.2 1/60 VF-1 in Sumo armor! Sad that that is the only thing to look forward too (besides the paint schemes)

TV max with correct 1A head........

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Do you know that on the vf-1S V2 : Roy can not look down

the head always pop up and look straight

there is king of spring system

the only way to make him look down is to play with the neck or lock the head in an angle

Not a good thing as I like menacing look down head for my display :(

the only way to make him look down is to play with the neck or lock the head in an angle

What?? for real? that sucks, i ALWAYS have the head pointing downwards because to me it looks more menacing and badass.

heh heh cool that great minds think alike valk posing wise. ;)

This the same deal for the 1A? 1J?

spring mechanism... wtf......

The TV FP's should be a bit lighter and "blue/greener". Why don't they have the missles (or whatever they are) sticking out of the forearm armor? I'm looking at my 1/48 VF-1J TV special pack deal and it has the missles. The M&M's have them too.

The TV pack has the missiles too... Somehow it can't be seen in my photo...

Let me borrow the official picture:

post-10384-1227230940_thumb.jpg

The more I see the chestplate of the 1/60 v.2 the happier I get about not getting many of them. It looks horrible! It certainly outweighs the thinner more line art accurate legs. I can’t even see the legs past that piece of doo doo sticking up in front of the head/neck in Batroid mode.

I have one 1/60 and it’s the VF1A S&S. The only reason I got it is it wasn’t available in 1/48. It’s still in the box. If it comes out it’s being left in fighter mode for sure

Yeah, for some reason, the 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru is very difficult to come by. I was lucky to get one!

But the 1/60 v.2 VF-1A has been the slowest selling in the new series (still saw it in the shop now). I mean, I suppose it should be more popular than Tomahawk. But Tomahawk is already sold out and a re-issue is on the way.

Hey do the shoulder hinges look like they may be made from a different material? There are no breakages reported on the hinges for the 1A, and I now wonder if the materials were changed from then on.

mine look the same to my eye, but then i havent had trouble with of my 1S's either.

spring system? really? my v2 1S Roy head doesn't seem to have that spring thing... the head itself can actually look down and you can exaggerate the "looking down" action by using that grey part where the head is connected to.

Yeah, for some reason, the 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru is very difficult to come by. I was lucky to get one!

But the 1/60 v.2 VF-1A has been the slowest selling in the new series (still saw it in the shop now). I mean, I suppose it should be more popular than Tomahawk. But Tomahawk is already sold out and a re-issue is on the way.

alot of people here locally are actually selling off their 1/48 1A's. and yeah the new 1/60 1A is selling pretty slow here too. i guess people are skipping it for the Hikky 1S that's coming out soon.