Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

This looks awesome! I just can't resist. Can anybody compare the tail fins to see if they are smaller than the usual VF-1 tail fins?

Hey Edwin, here is a shot from both DYRL and one of my Macross Books, The tails sure look full size to me, but for some reason the original 1/60 had smaller tails and this V.2 version as well. Guess I'll keep the boosters on with this one!! B))

post-6180-1238088459_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1238088481_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

This is probably going to be the first v2.0 that I'll be buying. It solves most of the problems that I have with the line.

There's no priest-collar, it'll most likely have the redesigned shoulders, and the anorexic legs won't bother me since I don't ever plan on displaying it without Fast Packs. :D

After seeing this, I would most certainly have to say that there is a very great possibility that Yamato would issue an Exlusive 1/48 version of the VT-1. Everything about it is screams set up to a larger scale.

I love what they've done with this scuplt. This is a definite must have for me.

So what about your version? Are you still planning on pursuing it? I know the VF1D is done, but what about the VT and VE's? If your skipping working on the VE and VT you best not skip the Platypus....because my future Bushmasters will be lonely

So what about your version? Are you still planning on pursuing it? I know the VF1D is done, but what about the VT and VE's? If your skipping working on the VE and VT you best not skip the Platypus....because my future Bushmasters will be lonely

Oh I'm still planning on releasing all these. I'm doing the best I can with the alloted time I have.

It would be cool if they offered 2 sets of figures. Hikaru & Minmey as well as Hikaru & Misa!!! Do a little mix & match display!! B))

Well - I would prefer it if they built a life sized android of Misa, mass produced it, and have each Yamato Valkyrie delivered by her - and she would stick around for at least an hour to play with our valks.

Pete

I'm really interested in finding out how the Elintseeker is going to turn out, especially with regards to the radar dish arm, which I never liked how they designed the attachment of the arm to the backpack. It just looks too plain. Hopefully they'll incorporate a design that looks more fitting.

Regarding the smaller tailfins on the VT-1, the 1/55 Bandai was able to pull it off with normal-sized fins. Was this not possible for Yamato to do? And isn't the VT-1 supposed to have that white/cream colored piece around the neck like the first version?

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I'm really interested in finding out how the Elintseeker is going to turn out, especially with regards to the radar dish arm, which I never liked how they designed the attachment of the arm to the backpack. It just looks too plain. Hopefully they'll incorporate a design that looks more fitting.

Regarding the smaller tailfins on the VT-1, the 1/55 Bandai was able to pull it off with normal-sized fins. Was this not possible for Yamato to do? And isn't the VT-1 supposed to have that white/cream colored piece around the neck like the first version?

the 1/55 bandai's backpack stuck WAY out. it wasn't too bad on the old cunky, but with the Yamato it would have looked goofy with the large fins in battroid/GERWALK modes.

As I stated in this thread weeks ago, it IS SUPPOSED to be Misa, according to Macross Chronicle.

While we know that Misa wasn't in the VT-1 with her orange flight suit, she did actually wear one while she was on the other ship with Kaifun.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like an excuse, but I guess Yamato are at least trying to balance Minmay and Misa fans. The best thing, of course, would've been to put Hikaru and Misa in their respective blue and gray uniforms.

I won't swear by the Macross Chronicles!

But let's look at what Yamato says in the description...

コクピット前席用 一条輝フィギュア、コクピット後席用 簡易宇宙服フィギュア

Front seat Hikaru figure... Yeah I know... Back seat... Basic Space Suit figure...

So whoever you think it is, you are not wrong!

As I stated in this thread weeks ago, it IS SUPPOSED to be Misa, according to Macross Chronicle.

While we know that Misa wasn't in the VT-1 with her orange flight suit, she did actually wear one while she was on the other ship with Kaifun.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like an excuse, but I guess Yamato are at least trying to balance Minmay and Misa fans. The best thing, of course, would've been to put Hikaru and Misa in their respective blue and gray uniforms.

yup exactly,

i mean since both minmei and misa were seen wearing the orange flight suit, i was wondering why people were jumping to the conclusion its minmei. even kaifun wore it too.

i do hope it will be a more feminine sculpt.

one of the biggest disappointments of the 1/48 was the "male" miria pilot figure.

that was total laziness on yamto's part :p

Edited by honkhet

for me it WILL be Misa... i've already brainwashed myself... i :wub: Misa... :)

one of the biggest disappointments of the 1/48 was the "male" miria pilot figure.

that was total laziness on yamto's part :p

didn't know that :o, sucks... at least the Nora pilot fig. has a rack, albeit smaller than in the anime... :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

The thing is Misa never sat in the VT-1 with her orange flightsuit. The first time she gets in it is on the Zentradi ship, and she only has her grey jumpsuit on for that. The fact that there's an orange flightsuit in the cockpit naturally leads anyone to think it's Minmay because that's what happened in DYRL.

Edit: Didn't see your post, Renato, before posting myself. Didn't mean to be your echo.

Edited by sharky

Anyone plan on displaying this in battroid mode??? Although I think it's very cool looking, I can't see myself displaying it in a mode that I am not accustomed to seeing. I just might cop two of these; one for gerwalk and the other for fighter mode. This one is really nice. I just do not recall ever seeing this one in battroid in the movie... :huh:

As I mentioned earlier, think I might mostly display it on fighter mode, as I'm accustomed to seeing it in fighter, like you say. Furthermore I don't quite like the face with a head scarve hanging out...hahaha :D

Edited by Javabean

Furthermore I don't quite like the face with a head scarve hanging out...hahaha :D

Might be a Metro Valk... :rolleyes: Valk in a headscarf...ha!

i'm probably going to leave this one in Battroid... and have the old 1/60 v.1 in fighter mode....

Deculture! Other than seeing this for the first time on the forums in battroid I never noticed my v1's box art to see its battroid mode. I didn't even think to look. I'll have to take a look when I get home. Although you bring about a good idea with incorporating the v1 into the mix of different display modes with the new one.

I take it you like the fighter mode of the v1 over the v2?

I love that you can recreate the scene from the beginning of the series where Roy puts the nose of the VF-1D onto his arm, but the head on the v2 1/60 VF-1S looks a little too high up to me. It would also have been nice to have some internal detailing on the inside of the socket created when the nose is removed.

Anyone else notice that about the head on the other 1/60 v2s? The VF-1D doesn't seem to be affected.

I love that you can recreate the scene from the beginning of the series where Roy puts the nose of the VF-1D onto his arm, but the head on the v2 1/60 VF-1S looks a little too high up to me. It would also have been nice to have some internal detailing on the inside of the socket created when the nose is removed.

Anyone else notice that about the head on the other 1/60 v2s? The VF-1D doesn't seem to be affected.

first of all, welcome to macross world.

yes, people at macross world have noticed the VF-1 head being a little too high up since a long long time ago..

believe me, everyone here has beaten it to death :p

anyway, how much do you think yamato would price the VT-1? (with super parts bundled in of course)

since i dont think the VT-1 would come with a gunpod and neither any missles at all,

it is highly possible that the price would be close to the price of a non-bundled (no super/strike parts) VF-1

Edited by honkhet

anyway, how much do you think yamato would price the VT-1? (with super parts bundled in of course)

since i dont think the VT-1 would come with a gunpod and neither any missles at all,

it is highly possible that the price would be close to the price of a non-bundled (no super/strike parts) VF-1

The VT-1 is priced at 15800 yen, and it does not have missiles and the gunpod.

It's even more expensive than a SSP bundle. I reckon it is because the mold cannot be recycled, and I accept that as a reason myself...

The VT-1 is priced at 15800 yen, and it does not have missiles and the gunpod.

It's even more expensive than a SSP bundle. I reckon it is because the mold cannot be recycled, and I accept that as a reason myself...

That was gonna be my explanation as well. Perhaps future non-canon paint schemes could at least be done with this specific armor. How about a civilian version, or construction version??? Might be kinda cool.

first of all, welcome to macross world.

Thanks!

I've never been a fan of the VT-1, probably for the reason that the head of the VF-1D is embedded deeply in my psyche from watching the first few episodes of Macross probably hundreds of times (at the start of my Macross fandom, we could only find the first 3 or 4 episodes of Robotech on VHS tape from FHE. I watched those things over and over and over). The missing trapezoidal markings on the chest from the VF-1D and the FAST packs also look weird to me.