Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

I think the biggest difference is the color. I have both and put them side by side. The v.2 VF-1D is basically "day-glo" and the v.1 is more "normal colored". I had the lights off in my collection space and walked by and could only see one thing, that V.2 VF-1D. It is just super duper bright.

The second biggest thing IMO is that the V.1 is floppy as hell with extremely limited poseability while the V.2 is ultra tight with extreme poseability.

I dont mind the colors at all. Also.. remember the V1 had diecast legs. No amount of joint tightness would keep those legs from being loose.

I have not opened my 1J or 1S yet - only the 1D.

But I will be painting the gray bases around the necks white on the 1J and 1S for sure. The gray makes its look like the head is floating off the body. Why is this gray?

And they should have used the more military subdued white of the 1S on the 1J and upcoming TV 1 As. I do not like the look of the bright white in the photos I've seen.

-- I should put praise though anytime I post about the v.2s - these things are miracles of quality and solid design. --

Personally I like the bright white of the 1J just seems right for that one. Anyway this is a thread for the 1D and in ansewr to Agent-GHQ's question. I think that the chest on the 1d is larger because of the larger heat shield and slightly larger cockpit.

1 thing I have noticed is that no camera seems to capture the orange on the 1D properly. It's not as dark as that and a couple more pics.

post-9075-1236110296_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236110307_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

vf1d.jpg

(with the VF-1J's super pack, mid pic is a close up shot of the head and upper chest, third pic is proof that I fail at posing things. XD)

Just got mine from Over-Drive-Inc. My first purchase there. Great communication, very fast delivery, great service.

Edited by OmegaD3k

I love that hikaru has is aiming at the AC vent like he's expecting something bad to fall out of it at any moment.

Yeah the mice that are lurking up there tempted by the probably 30 traps in the ceiling. Note shop doors being left open in the winter is a BAD idea. <_< Live with the diesel fumes you'll feel less squeamish later when you don't have to empty the traps. :ph34r:

post-9075-1236112621_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236112634_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236112646_thumb.jpg

Yeah the mice that are lurking up there tempted by the probably 30 traps in the ceiling. Note shop doors being left open in the winter is a BAD idea. <_< Live with the diesel fumes you'll feel less squeamish later when you don't have to empty the traps. :ph34r:

ugh. I worked in a building where a rat up and died up in the ceiling without anyone noticing.... one day it started raining maggots from between the ceiling tiles...

ugh. I worked in a building where a rat up and died up in the ceiling without anyone noticing.... one day it started raining maggots from between the ceiling tiles...

Uh!!!!

I think I am going to loose my lunch!

vf1d.jpg

(with the VF-1J's super pack, mid pic is a close up shot of the head and upper chest, third pic is proof that I fail at posing things. XD)

Just got mine from Over-Drive-Inc. My first purchase there. Great communication, very fast delivery, great service.

Thanks for the pics with the super parts. I really want to get some TV super parts for my VF-1D too. My purchase of the VF-1D was also my first completed transaction with Overdrive. It too was good.

Can you post a pic or two of the VF-1D with TV super parts in Fighter mode?

Being in an agricultural R&D shop where you aren't only manufacturing and testing equipment but storing your testing seed and fertilizer sucks some days. :mellow: But getting to work with giant pieces of machinery can't be passed up either. :) Nothing makes you grin like watching an 60 or 84 foot wide tool bar curl up into something you can transport on a highway :) ......did I mention I love big machines? :lol:

LOL... WTF is that poor thing in the back (circled in red)... :lol:

I've been hating the Maple Leafs lately so my 1/100 toniami with a Leafs jersey took the brunt of it. 41 years without the cup......could be worse I could be a Montreal Canadians fan. :lol:

I'm still waiting for Overdrive to cancel my 1/100 VF-25G pre-order. Soon as i get the money back, via paypal, I'm going to buy this. Anyone know how long it takes for Overdrive to cancel and refund?

Chris

My VF-1D with super/strike parts should be arriving any day now....tick...tick...tick

Just be patient... :ph34r:

1/60 Super/Strike parts are on sale at HLJ. Didn't know they were even available. My wife will want to have words with you later :lol:

Vostok 7

Thanks for the pics with the super parts. I really want to get some TV super parts for my VF-1D too. My purchase of the VF-1D was also my first completed transaction with Overdrive. It too was good.

Can you post a pic or two of the VF-1D with TV super parts in Fighter mode?

Ask and you shall receive.

post-9075-1236187978_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236187992_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236188013_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236188027_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236188047_thumb.jpg

What ever you do just buy a valk with the super packs that you want and put them on the D. The price for the super packs by themselves are a bit of a rip off IMO. But if the only vf-1d 1/60 you want is this one go ahead and buy them separately then.

Oh and that little gap on the hip compartment on the nose?......... the joint is broken on the hip cover. Plastic is broken at the joint. It came like that and I just noticed that the broken joint was causing the problem today...................ugh at least my J is a work of art. Well off to Overdrive I go.

Edit: I'll try to take a pic tomorrow with a camera that has a good macro lens.

Edited by logos

just got confirmation that my 2 1Ds have been purchased... just need to wait for it to be hand delivered from HK... B))

@logos - wouldn't it be great if you ordered that replacement part for the cover and they gave you the whole detachable fuselage/cockpit part (just like ordering the shoulder hinge and getting the whole arm w/ it)... you can have the 1S w/ the 1D fuselage/cockpit on it's arm w/out having to get it from your 1D... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

just got confirmation that my 2 1Ds have been purchased... just need to wait for it to be hand delivered from HK... B))

@logos - wouldn't it be great if you ordered that replacement part for the cover and they gave you the whole detachable fuselage/cockpit part (just like ordering the shoulder hinge and getting the whole arm w/ it)... you can have the 1S w/ the 1D fuselage/cockpit on it's arm w/out having to get it from your 1D... :)

SHHHH! That's what I am secrectly hoping for! :lol: Just got an email from OD and they said that they would look into getting the replacement part. If it's like the replacement shoulders where you got arms I might be in luck! Still a little peeved that it shipped broke but considering the good service I got from OD on the 1S shoulders i'm not complaining too much. :mellow:

Edited by logos

2 VF-1Ds? thats great Mon! looking forward to your pics of your poses of these B))

If only I know somebody who frequent there, big savings for the shipping :rolleyes:

What ever you do just buy a valk with the super packs that you want and put them on the D. The price for the super packs by themselves are a bit of a rip off IMO. But if the only vf-1d 1/60 you want is this one go ahead and buy them separately then.

Oh and that little gap on the hip compartment on the nose?......... the joint is broken on the hip cover. Plastic is broken at the joint. It came like that and I just noticed that the broken joint was causing the problem today...................ugh at least my J is a work of art. Well off to Overdrive I go.

Edit: I'll try to take a pic tomorrow with a camera that has a good macro lens.

Looks like with Yamato if its not one part breaking its another! :p I hope this is a one off incident, and good luck with OD ;)