Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Nice review.

Also just so I can be a dick like everyone else. :lol: Noticed that you didn't have the backpacks fully forward in batriod mode. The "airbrake" cover clicks forward. :lol:

Like I said though nice review especially with the comparison shots. :)

FYI it doesn't matter if you give a score. People already have formed their own opionions and you'd just get more flak if you did.

Sorry about that guys, I changed the date when I noticed the post got forward dated on me back to the proper date and broke my link. I fixed my linky above and obviously Grand Admiral's works too. Thanks GA

Edited by jenius

Nice review.

Also just so I can be a dick like everyone else. :lol: Noticed that you didn't have the backpacks fully forward in batriod mode. The "airbrake" cover clicks forward. :lol:

See, people say "Give us bigger pictures!" and when i do they say "you should have tweaked that!" It's a tireless effort. Seriously though, if you're talking about that trapdoor the head goes through during transformation, I thought it was only supposed to be pushed forward when super parts were put on the toys (to eliminate the weight of the super toys pulling back on the back half of the toys). That's the only time I ever recess that trap door as I don't think having it recessed is anime accurate.

I don't know if this has already been noticed and mentioned here, but it looks like the chest on the new 1D doesn't slide down as far in battroid mode as the other new VF-1's. Check out your comparison shots, Jenius. Is that just how it transforms, or did you not push it down all the way?

you have to hear a "click" when the chest is pushed down as far as its supposed to go and when it's in that position there will be a mini "priest collar" visible and the black part/outline of the cockpit should be completely covered by the heatshield... ;)

post-8437-1237423400_thumb.jpg post-8437-1237423392_thumb.jpg

... i like reviews w/ scores... i just though the 1D would get a +0.5 for "Charm and Collectability" or something just because its not exactly the same as the 1S (and 1J) and as mentioned in the review, it is the first mass produced PT VF-1D after all... well, it is up to the reviewer after all, however, i still liked reading Jenius' review/s esp. the comparison part since i have only seen the v.1 1D in person inside its box. very informative and well said. :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

LOL, great, so I could make my VF-1D look worse, you guys figure out the best features! :) Oh well, if that's how it's supposed to look I guess I can take it out, transform it, press down harder, and snap a new pic for that comparison. I'm still not pushing in the trapdoor on the back. On the .5 on charm, it's a less popular mech for the mainstream (not exactly a hero mech) so I probably wouldn't have changed that score even if us collectors love it.

Edited by jenius

LOL, great, so I could make my VF-1D look worse, you guys figure out the best features! :) Oh well, if that's how it's supposed to look I guess I can take it out, transform it, press down harder, and snap a new pic for that comparison. I'm still not pushing in the trapdoor on the back. On the .5 on charm, it's a less popular mech for the mainstream (not exactly a hero mech) so I probably wouldn't have changed that score even if us collectors love it.

yeah, i respect the fact that you'd want your review to be as objective as possible and not just for us OCD/@n@l hardcore Macross fans, lol :lol:... guess, i just love the 1D so much that i would've given it a biased 10/10... ^_^

But it should be higher, though it may not have as much screen time as the others it is the first valk we see transform, and was heavily featured throughout the first two episodes. (If you don't count the opening credits that is. and for those of use who watched Robotech first they opening credits didn't show a lot of valk action)

Edited by kanedaestes

it is the first valk we see transform

yeah, that too... ^_^

and while we're at it... that scene where Hik saved Minmay when his 1D's arm got blown off was so epic that they had to re-create it in Frontier w/ Alto and Ranka... and the seat thing :o... sorry, just being OC again... :lol:

Edited by m0n5t3r

But it should be higher, though it may not have as much screen time as the others it is the first valk we see transform, and was heavily featured throughout the first two episodes. (If you don't count the opening credits that is. and for those of use who watched Robotech first they opening credits didn't show a lot of valk action)

If it were limited or something I'd agree. In general though, while I know it's a favorite amongst collectors (because of how frequently it's made) it's just not something a ton of people are going to seek out. If you ask most people "If you could own just one Valk" I'm sure there'd only be a few VF-1Ds, and those people would be hardcore collectors. Now, onto the stuff that did change... the pictures in battroid have largely been corrected, the super valk will be left as is because I like that pic a lot (and think the toy looks better with the chest up a mm.

VF-1D%20V2%207B.jpg

Edited by jenius

Wow! I am glad that I got the Ver 2 VF-1D. It looks better than the old one, especially the neck area and the shoulders. But the panel lines on the old one are more visible and well defined. Why did Yamato put shallow panel lines on the new one?? <_<

my oh my! look at those v.1 hands!

just horrible! good thing i didn't

have money to spare when these

v.1's first came out. :lol:

i'm sure these things looked

great when they first came out.

i wonder how i would view my

v.2 a few years from now?

i don't expect there will be

anymore significant changes.

the v.2's just look awesome!

just wishing for fully articulated

fingers and no breakages.

Once I wondered if they would include a Misa or Minmay for VT-1. So it's Minmay again!

would have preferred Misa. going to pass on this but the promise of a VE-1 is great.

very nice!

i wonder... will the backpack FPs fit on other v.2 VF-1s or not since the VT/VE has a diff. backpack??? i hope it does and the tabs that plug in the sides of the backpack are the same...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I never cared for the VT-1....but this is making me a believer!!!! Damn it I want it!!! looks much better than the VF-1D, which I'm a little disapointed with. Stupid Impulse buy! <_<

Chris

After seeing this, I would most certainly have to say that there is a very great possibility that Yamato would issue an Exlusive 1/48 version of the VT-1. Everything about it is screams set up to a larger scale.

I love what they've done with this scuplt. This is a definite must have for me.