Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Yeah you defiantly have to push it down a little bit harder than the other v.2 1/60s. Initially I thought it was because you have to move Hic's arms a bit to get him into the cockpit but that's just the way it is....

It HAS arrived! What a wonderful packaging job by OverDrive as well...THANKS OD!!!

PICS!!!

Great packing job OD!

2009-04-07-002.jpg

2009-04-07-003.jpg

2009-04-07-004.jpg

2009-04-07-005.jpg

2009-04-07-006.jpg

2009-04-07-008.jpg

2009-04-07-009.jpg

2009-04-07-010.jpg

2009-04-07-011.jpg

sorry for the sloppy pics. They were taken quickly. I will spend more time with it tonight.

and I'll scale them down next time. :unsure:

Edited by macross1979

Is anyone else having trouble keeping the canopy of their VF-1D to stay shut?

I push in the canopy and it pops back up about half a mm.

What gives?

I am having the exact same problem. I can not get it to close.

Well to be fair his VF-1D just arrived.

Give it a few weeks.

I cant remember if mine ever did close all the way. hmmm... I am so glad though that my shoulders have not exploded or cracked yet. My vf-1d is super tight and super nice (but it does not have super parts yet). I am going to take the pilots out of the cockpit and see if it will close then.

This criticizing the critics is starting to be as bad as the people complaining about the products. I understand that some people unnecessarily panic about toys they haven't got but do we really need to counter-whine the whiners?

you might like it when u see it in person...

I do, I love it in person (that rainbow glow) but on my TV Hikky, the "mirror" apparently made a scratch on the finishing, I barely touched the inside of the cockpit canopy to verify if there was a scratch or it was dust and the thing got worse! Bare fingers and there was a smudge, no more rainbow. I used water to see if it was a stain from my greasy fingers, and then more coating gone. Since it was beyond repair, I used a cotton swab and some alcohol, the whole thing is now gone.

Don't use enamel based thinner, that may "cloud" the clear plastic. If you hate it, alcohol will do the job.

I miss my coating!!

Lucky!</Napoleon Dynamite>

Sometimes I wonder if "luck" is really the key.

Well to be fair his VF-1D just arrived.

Give it a few weeks.

All too true my friend. Although...with the way my "luck" has been so far with the V.2s, I'm betting I'm safe.

*knocks on wood*

My prediction is already running it's course ^_^

Vostok 7

I never doubted you mate.

This criticizing the critics is starting to be as bad as the people complaining about the products. I understand that some people unnecessarily panic about toys they haven't got but do we really need to counter-whine the whiners?

I'd rather read complainers complaining about complainers rather than complainers complaining. Now you're being a complainer complaining about complainers who complain about complaining. Maybe I should complain about your complaining about complainers who complain about the complaining?

Vostok 7

I'd rather read complainers complaining about complainers rather than complainers complaining. Now you're being a complainer complaining about complainers who complain about complaining. Maybe I should complain about your complaining about complainers who complain about the complaining?

Vostok 7

yeah... its funny, but its pretty much what keeps me out of these threads... same people different sides. I'll just stick to the scoop thread. :rolleyes:

besides, I'm just one guy pointing it out... every time you post about it you have 4 or five of your posse posting after... it makes me wonder what this thread is really about.

I don't mind the complaining, after all if you bought a $90+ toy and the shoulders broke you have umbrage (yes I've been waiting awhile to use this word! :lol: ) . What I do find annoying is the "haters". You know the people who say "Of course it broke it's a Yamato!" and "That's what you get for buying a Bandai." for example. I don't mind people pointing out flaws but to universally disparage a toy because you don't like one or two things about it....... :rolleyes:

I don't like the stupid landing gear or the gunpod attachment on the Bandai DX VF-25s but that doesn't mean I'm not buying one or going to bad mouth the entire line because of it. My 1/60 Roy has 2 broken shoulders didn't stop me from buying a VF-1D, VF-1J 1/60 and a VT-1 when it comes out. I guess the point I'm making is that people get too hung up on these things. It's like 360 and PS3 fanboys and I find it tiresome.

Now to get back on topic, I can't wait for the VT to come out but considering I just spend a cool $1000 bucks to replace the tires on my truck (tread was showing early signs of separation so I had to do it) and I bought a VF-11B and 6 of the new Yamato stands this week..................no VT-1 for me or any Macross toy for awhile :( ....or meat... :ph34r:

Edited by logos

yeah... its funny, but its pretty much what keeps me out of these threads... same people different sides. I'll just stick to the scoop thread. :rolleyes:

besides, I'm just one guy pointing it out... every time you post about it you have 4 or five of your posse posting after... it makes me wonder what this thread is really about.

...Posse? I have a posse? SWEET! I guess it's no longer the Max Jenius Ninja Goon Posse, it's now the Vostok 7 Ninja Goon Posse :lol:

Love you, EXO!

Vostok 7

For the record. I am still very happy with my VF-1D and the only reason I mentioned the canopy not closing all the way was because someone here asked if anyone elses were like that.

I am still going to buy Yamato Macross figures (funds permitting of course) and am still a very happy customer/proponent of Yamatos macross figures.

I am really looking forward to the Ostrich and just cant wait to see pics of the new Elintseeker. I can imagine that the v.2 VE-1 will be a masterpiece.

I don't mind the complaining, after all if you bought a $90+ toy and the shoulders broke you have umbrage (yes I've been waiting awhile to use this word! :lol: ) . What I do find annoying is the "haters". You know the people who say "Of course it broke it's a Yamato!" and "That's what you get for buying a Bandai." for example. I don't mind people pointing out flaws but to universally disparage a toy because you don't like one or two things about it....... :rolleyes:

Now to get back on topic, I can't wait for the VT to come out but considering I just spend a cool $1000 bucks to replace the tires on my truck (tread was showing early signs of separation so I had to do it) and I bought a VF-11B and 6 of the new Yamato stands this week..................no VT-1 for me or any Macross toy for awhile :( ....or meat... :ph34r:

Me either....complaining about something worth complaining about is fine.

Sucks that you gotta spend the $ on your tires mate. Maybe youll get some sort of work bonus or something for the VT-1.

For the record. I am still very happy with my VF-1D and the only reason I mentioned the canopy not closing all the way was because someone here asked if anyone elses were like that.

I am still going to buy Yamato Macross figures (funds permitting of course) and am still a very happy customer/proponent of Yamatos macross figures.

I am really looking forward to the Ostrich and just cant wait to see pics of the new Elintseeker. I can imagine that the v.2 VE-1 will be a masterpiece.

Based on how freakin awesome the Ostrich looks....I would not be suprised if it is gorgeous as well. I cannot wait....I've wanted the VT and VE for such a long long time.

No bonus. They just cut back the hours on the union workers where I work. Well at least they didn't lay the off. Anyways I will buy a VT-1 but I am just going to have to wait a couple of months. Thank god I got a good tax refund this year!

Oh and I new the tires where coming I was just putting it off as long as I could. Which just happened to be just after I decided to preorder a bunch of Macross stuff and some books......I guess I'm finding meat overrated lately compared to my hobbies.

No bonus. They just cut back the hours on the union workers where I work. Well at least they didn't lay the off. Anyways I will buy a VT-1 but I am just going to have to wait a couple of months. Thank god I got a good tax refund this year!

Well...it seems you have till July. At least that's according to HLJ who I have my early bird in with. I would suggest the same for you if you do not already have it in.

I wonder how long until the VE-1 comes out? I'm hoping not too soon, I've got a few non macross things I don't want to have to pass up in order to get it.

I wonder how long until the VE-1 comes out? I'm hoping not too soon, I've got a few non macross things I don't want to have to pass up in order to get it.

I was wondering the same. An educated guess tells me prob around Aug-Sept. I still have yet to catch up on the rest of the V.2 1/60s. I'm behind by like 5 so far. This could get costly. <_<

I do, I love it in person (that rainbow glow) but on my TV Hikky, the "mirror" apparently made a scratch on the finishing, I barely touched the inside of the cockpit canopy to verify if there was a scratch or it was dust and the thing got worse! Bare fingers and there was a smudge, no more rainbow. I used water to see if it was a stain from my greasy fingers, and then more coating gone. Since it was beyond repair, I used a cotton swab and some alcohol, the whole thing is now gone.

Don't use enamel based thinner, that may "cloud" the clear plastic. If you hate it, alcohol will do the job.

I miss my coating!!

aha!

same thing that happened to my 1A!

at first i thought that the coating was

something like a tint or sticker and when

i thought i saw some "bubble" i proceeded

to flatten it with my fingers and some of

it came off! same thing when using a

cotton bud. i'm leaving it in battroid.

can't bear to remove the whole coating.

Vostok 7

Lulz

I just love it when someone says something negative about the DX people jump right in and start trashing yamato and saying how unbalanced this place is, and why nobody trashes yamato over their issues and how impartial they are being because the obviously love Yamato.....obviously these people haven't been here very long! LOL! :D

Anyway, thank you for the heads up on the canopy tint. I'll just be carefull not to mess with the inside of them. My 1D canopy didn't stay closed at first either, but I just needed to squeeze Hikarus shoulds alittle to get it to stay shut. Now no problems. Looking forward to the VT-1 too!!

Chris

Overdrive has the VT-1 available for preorder now - $144.99US - PreOrders are due by May 6th for July release.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1360

Arrrrrggghhhh now I will need to preorder with them too. I got one in with HLJ. May just need to cancel that one. OD is great!

QUESTION ------> Do you have to pay up front when pre-ordering from OverDrive?

Edited by macross1979