New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Lets just hope the box isn't going to be larger. Running out of space. I am thinking of collapsing the boxes into neat piles of flat cardboard.

346372[/snapback]

Ya right. Yamato is the king of wasting space. The boxes used for the VOTOMS Scopedog Weapons set and Parachute pack are double the size they need to be.

The 1/12 Scopedog box is the same size as the 1/48. It could have been 5/8 the size

The 1/60 VF-0S is looking good. I'll be buying this. Just one though.

Twin moons has them up for preorder

http://www.tmpanime.com/index.php?main_pag...f09b280fc4fd2f2

sorry if this was posted before

Edited by dejr8bud

Don't feel bad because you are not alone. I still do not understand the number concept. Why....well, isn't 1/60 means smaller than the 1/48? So why is the 1/60 bigger than the 1/48 VF-1 series?  <_<
you'll have to count me out on this 1/60.  $150 is by far too much money for a small model, as Yamato tends to flood the market and stop producing and then restart producing with a couple improvements and reflood the market once again.  I'm going to wait and see if the price shaves off $100 down to 50 over time.  They've got to be nuts.  I could understand if it was a 1/48.

346124[/snapback]

You do realise that the 1/60 VF-0S is actually larger than a 1/48 don't you?

1/48 VF-1 = 30cm in fighter mode

1/60 VF-0 = 32cm in fighter mode

The VF-0 is a big bird, far larger than the VF-1.

Graham

346137[/snapback]

:blink: No, I did not know that. Thanks Graham, I may have to reconsider. I thought the VF-0 was the same size as a VF-1S.

346325[/snapback]

346802[/snapback]

Because if you placed a VF-1 next to a VF-0, the VF-0 is a lot bigger, like a F-14 is much bigger than a F-16. The Vf-0 and VF-1 are NOT the same size in true scale!

That is why the 1/60 VF-0 is somewhat bigger than the 1/.48 VF-1. If it were in 1/48 scale, the VF-0 would be MUCH MUCH larger than the 1/48 VF-1.

Don't feel bad because you are not alone. I still do not understand the number concept. Why....well, isn't 1/60 means smaller than the 1/48? So why is the 1/60 bigger than the 1/48 VF-1 series?  <_<

That's alright. Just think back to the original size of the mecha, and then make your calculations. A VF-0 is bigger than a VF-1 unscaled, so it is possible that scaled versions of each type may be equivalent.

saw some images in the dec issue of hobby japan. looks good, but the images aren't really anything new, no gerwalk as of yet. i'll let bossman scan em though since his are bound to be of nicer quality.

347090[/snapback]

FYI, I have already scanned the December issues of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazines and posted the pics on page 20 of this thread.

Graham

That means the pilot should be tiny and less detailed compared to the 1/48 one right?

Yes, the pilot should be significantly smaller than the 1/48 pilots. If I had to guess, I'd say it should be a little bit smaller than Toynami's VF-1 pilots.

Now, if you're thinking of the craptastic 1/60 VF-1 pilots, not to worry. When the VF-1 1/60 cockpits were originally made, Yamato didn't plan on having actual pilots sitting in there. When they eventually decided to cram pilots in there, their legs had to be cut off and arms molded onto the body. This time around, the 1/60 VF-0S is being designed to accomodate a pilot from the get-go, so the pilot should look decent considering the scale.

OK, just picked up the January 2006 issues of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazines, which are just out on the 23rd of this month.

Unfortunately, there are no new pics of the Yamato 1/60 VF-0S. But to be honest, I was sort of expecting that, as we had a two month wait last time between the fighter mode and battroid mode pics.

If they follow the same pattern, I expect that we will see some Gerwalk pics in next months magazines.

Basically, the new Hobby Japan had no new Macross pictures or information at all :( .

The new Dengeki Hobby has some pics of the Yamato 1/48 GBP armor as well as the upcoming Hasegawa Battroid mode display stand. I'll post these pics in the correct threads.

Graham

I used to save and flat back all my Yamato boxes, but in the end I just thought "what for"? and threw them all out recently.

Graham

346496[/snapback]

I don't know if Yamato changed how they print the boxes or anything, but I held one of my boxes more than the rest and the ink literally came off on my fingers. And it's amazing too because I can go out and get a 6 pack of beer and the print on the box is good and doesn't come off, and we're basically talking about a consumable/recycled often product. Bandai boxes are printed much better, glossy too as I recall.

Hmm as far as throwing them out, I know a guy such as yourself would have a rather large collection, it's hard to make room for boxes. I still have enough room on my shelf for more yammies, just not sure when I'm going to purchase them :p

Hmm as far as throwing them out, I know a guy such as yourself would have a rather large collection, it's hard to make room for boxes.  I still have enough room on my shelf for more yammies, just not sure when I'm going to purchase them :p

347161[/snapback]

Yeah, when you have like 30 or 40 boxes and plastic trays all stacked it does take up rather a lot of space.

Graham

My biggest problem now is that I don't have the room for anymore 1/48 sized toys. I've got 3 1/48s, and going to need a 4th for my VF-1D kit, and will be getting the GBP... plus Koenig Monster plus an assload of Transformers Alternators and MPC Prime plus a Gakken Ride Armor... plus another Gakken sized model kit I am working on... where am I going to put this purtty toy?

My biggest problem now is that I don't have the room for anymore 1/48 sized toys.  I've got 3 1/48s, and going to need a 4th for my VF-1D kit, and will be getting the GBP... plus Koenig Monster plus an assload of Transformers Alternators and MPC Prime plus a Gakken Ride Armor... plus another Gakken sized model kit I am working on... where am I going to put this purtty toy?

347635[/snapback]

That's alot of "plusses" you're getting. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.amenbo.com/cgi-bin/list/toys/macrross/new1-e.cgi

For those of you who don't like the HLJ system of not telling you the shipping upfront, try amenbo. I always use them. Reliable and you get the 5% point back on top of the discounted retail price.

20k yen with Express shipping to stateside on top of the 5%. Can't find a better deal elsewhere on the net.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I never noticed how big the VF-0 was, even when watching all of Macross Zero the night before last. If it's a testbed/prototype for the VF-1, why is it significantly larger? Shouldn't it be the same size?

Edited by Ginrai

I thought of the VF0 as more of a thing where the UN were desperate to "have something" to fight the anti un with because they were running behind in the transforming vehicle idea due to it being stolen, (kind of like how the zeon were late with beam rifles in gundam to the feddies) more than as a machine designed to be used against the aliens. So they came up with something and that was the VF-0. Otherwise it would have all the things the vf1 has. (like thermonuclear engine etc) Would bigger size mean more fuel? Each time they fought they kept having to end the fight because of that. So when the newer engines came, it then meant smaller more agile craft to fight in. (ie ditch the vf0 and go for a new look altogether, giving us the vf1, and maybe scrapping the more expensive stuff for the crap inexperienced pilots to save money on advancement in other areas)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I thought of the VF0 as more of a thing where the UN were desperate to "have something" to fight the anti un with because they were running behind in the transforming vehicle idea due to it being stolen, (kind of like how the zeon were late with beam rifles in gundam to the feddies) more than as a machine designed to be used against the aliens. So they came up with something and that was the VF-0. Otherwise it would have all the things the vf1 has. (like thermonuclear engine etc) Would bigger size mean more fuel? Each time they fought they kept having to end the fight because of that. So when the newer engines came, it then meant smaller more agile craft to fight in. (ie ditch the vf0 and go for a new look altogether, giving us the vf1, and maybe scrapping the more expensive stuff for the crap inexperienced pilots to save money on advancement in other areas)

354477[/snapback]

In layman's terms: Stopgap fighter. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in the animation the intake covers have variable pass. This allowed the covers to flip open, when thrust was needed. Then immediately closing to protect internal turbine components. (imagine window blinds, or check your M0 DVD.

354477[/snapback]

354546[/snapback]

Yup, like the Spitfire Mk IX

Chris

I thought of the VF0 as more of a thing where the UN were desperate to "have something" to fight the anti un with because they were running behind in the transforming vehicle idea due to it being stolen, (kind of like how the zeon were late with beam rifles in gundam to the feddies) more than as a machine designed to be used against the aliens.

354477[/snapback]

354546[/snapback]

Yup, like the Spitfire Mk IX

Chris

357912[/snapback]

At the risk of bleeding into the "Vs. Aircraft" thread... over 5,500 produced. The intent was stopgap, but when you're good... :lol:

Would bigger size mean more fuel? Each time they fought they kept having to end the fight because of that. So when the newer engines came, it then meant smaller more agile craft to fight in.

354477[/snapback]

Well you know, running out of fuel made the whole air-battle dynamic MUCH more interesting.

I've never flown myself, but I've spent a lot of time playing sims, and trust me, fuel is a huge concern. You get this extra feeling of tension in a dog fight; will I get him before I run out of fuel?

It also helps make the fights match the length of the anime (in that they are both very short). If they had infinite fuel, they could play air dancing games forever, so instead of a very short and decisive (or inconcluseive) air battle, you get TV style fights that drag on forever, but all we see are high lights.