New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

But at the expense that you can't have the gunpod in fighter not have to scrape the ground? I dunno...seems like a big sacrifice imo. I want the wheels on the landing gear to be big and chunky to raise it off the ground a little bit then :)

Oh well I will be getting this anyway to show my support of this line.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

But at the expense that you can't have the gunpod in fighter not have to scrape the ground? I dunno...seems like a big sacrifice imo. I want the wheels on the landing gear to be big and chunky to raise it off the ground a little bit then :)

Oh well I will be getting this anyway to show my support of this line.

342456[/snapback]

BUt the forearms reside a little higher than the 1/48. It won't scrape the ground. This is Yamato we are talking about, not Toynami. Yamato has QC issues, not design issues.

BUt the forearms reside a little higher than the 1/48. It won't scrape the ground. This is Yamato we are talking about, not Toynami. Yamato has QC issues, not design issues.

342467[/snapback]

IIIIII wouldn't say they have no design issues~~~ :lol:

But yeah... light years ahead of toynami for sure.

and I agree, the gunpod looks better beefier. now THAT's a fricken gunpod!

Beefy gunpod... Who is complaining? I love everything but the large seam in the legs.

Design issues... well, the vf-1 1/48 have the arms in the "F" position hanging way too low. This is a design issue, and I'm sure you share my opinion. I'm getting this one no matter what. This is a very sweet model.

V!C

Yeah I do like the look of a chunky gunpod. Just hope we don't get the same thing that happened with the bandai mac 7 vf19: where the speaker pod couldn't be attached in fighter while leaving it on display, because it reaches the ground further than the landing gear is all. :D

I have faith in yamato.

I bet they will eventually release the reactive armor. Doodler, I don't think there will be a 1/48 version. Too big imo.

Maybe someone should make a perfect transformable vf0 banpresto-sized valks though? :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think everyone should let their hopes on a bigger scale die. Yamato will probably only make scales that are impressive and managable, but stupidly outrageously big so that you have to park it in your garage.

There's one thing I'm wondering though: do the legs have a point of articulation that allows you to rotate the leg? (ie to make his front "toes" point outward? That is, apart from the point where the top of his leg meets the hip?)

yep it does , look :

post-61-1131290052_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu_dyson

So what do you peeps think? Will we get another 1/60 amputated pilot, or is there enough room in the cockpit for the first 1/60 valk pilot with legs? :p

342493[/snapback]

My money's on a 1/60 spud pilot.

343199[/snapback]

just given the extra room they have to play with in terms of cockpit space, I think it's very much possible that we'll see a 1/60 size pilot with two separate legs.

if its full body and legs and detailed anywhere near the vf-11b fp isamu, then I think it'll do the valk it's justice.

I thought I was done....bought my VF-1A Hikaru, bought my fast pack, am restraining myself from getting the GBP-1S......but I absolutely have to have a 0S & Shin 0D....damnit!

Edited by Keith