New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Hell, I thought it was going to be around $150 because of the size and extra stuff, so this really isn't a surprise. I'm not saying it isn't expensive, though.

I really want to wait until after the first release to see if there are any problems, but I don't know if my patience can hold out. I want this puppy NOW.

HOLY CRAP!  Hmm...Glad I started to save a while back! And how accurate is HLJ in regards to release dates?  I hope it DOES come out in april, it';ll be a great b day present for me!

341912[/snapback]

:p;) and you predicted it'd be cheaper~ :D

Hell, I thought it was going to be around $150 because of the size and extra stuff, so this really isn't a surprise.  I'm not saying it isn't expensive, though. 

I really want to wait until after the first release to see if there are any problems, but I don't know if my patience can hold out.  I want this puppy NOW.

341926[/snapback]

I'm not waiting, QC issues or not... buying first two check them out for qc then buy three more if it's made well enough.

damn I can't wait!

its been a while since i've ordered from hlj so maybe you guys can help. they charge you once the thing ships right? cause if so i'll pre-order and by release i'll have the cash for sure.

341983[/snapback]

Yup, they only charge when they get their stock in and ready to ship to you. In the meantime you can also reduce or cancel your order befoer they ship it in their account maintenance.

2000 Yen more :( May have to reconsider how many to get now. Hope the dealers will be able to get good prices.

I guess higher price due to Leg FPs (extra accesory compares to VF-1), more materials needed for slightly larger size and the main reason could be the VF-0 has less variants as compared to the VF-1 to make and the VF-0 may not sell as well as the VF-1. Yamato cannot milk the molds as much as they want.

Edited by Valk-1S

as pretty as the VF-0 is it makes me want to hoarde as well.

at least two.. that's what I tell myself... course, 300 dollars for toys is a bit much... even still.

If the make the Sv-51 I'll be in heaven.. i loke the pope valkyrie to little bits

I also preordered, I wonder how many variants they WILL make....not what we would HOPE they make.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make either 2 seat versions or a SV-51. I think the 2 seaters would have the same problem that the 1D has......getting the heat sheild to cover the canopy, and the SV-51 is just too complicated. :(

Chris

as pretty as the VF-0 is it makes me want to hoarde as well.

at least two.. that's what I tell myself... course, 300 dollars for toys is a bit much... even still.

If the make the Sv-51 I'll be in heaven.. i loke the pope valkyrie to little bits

342105[/snapback]

it'd be great if the sv-51 came out but not quite heaven...

To me heaven would be.... :rolleyes:

new 1/60 macross plus series, complete with yf-19, yf-21, vf-11b all with fast packs. A ghost fighter would be icing on the cake :lol::lol::lol:

But yeah back to macross zero... I think Zero is another yamato-kind-of-series. Make two valks (vf-0 and sv-51) and you have the base for a series of 5-6 different ones...

Dobber, Nishikawa is a genius though, before the 1/48, noone could have even imagined someone would design something to incorporate perfect variability, a seamless chestplate and fueselage mesh. and swing bars that DIDN't stick out! But then the 1/48 came, and he changed the face of macross toys forever...and gained yamato a reputation arguably as the best valkyrie toy making company EVER!(I still love my bandais that is why I say arguably).

So I think a VF-0D and SV-51 can be done, the fueselage on the VF-0D seems to be longer, perhaps also incorporating a longer chestplate to accomodate for the shield, the plane itself is very very different from the baseline VF-0 with only limbs I believe being in common. So who knows, I tend to think designing the 1/48 VF-1 was a much harder obstacle than designing a 2 seat VF-0. But I am being optimistic here.

And the SV-51 is very big, so perhaps it is more room for him to work with, and with macross we know for each series they have done they like to include 1 of each valkyrie in the toyline(M + had all 3 valkyries, etc). SO heres to hoping we get a VF-0D and SV-51!!

I guess I will wait till it comes out before I get it.  It looks good but I have enough valks for an airwing.  I need money to save for a house.

341971[/snapback]

You could always sell some of yours and raise the funds that way for a house. I am sure we'd all be glad to help out. Priorities, priorities. :p

342165[/snapback]

:p

the hands, oh my oh my, that's a neat looking pair of hands

342379[/snapback]

yes ! gundam manipulator hands ?

finally they are true mecha" hands... not chicken hands :lol:

342380[/snapback]

they look like the same old chicken hands to me...

just painted black fingers and wrist...

that said though.... the vf-0s is looking better and better with each successive pic...

AWESOME.

thanks for posting the pic GC.

Woohoo, rebirth of the CHUNKY MUNKEY!!!!

Yes, for some reason, the proportions of the VF-0S remind me of our beloved 1/55 chunky munkeys :)  Best off, it looks like a chunky with the posability of the 1/48, minus the swingbar, woo!

Even the gunpod looks chunky!  :p:lol:

342373[/snapback]

Don't you call it a chunky monkey. It is way too good looking for that.

Edited by kensei

its nice to see this after my long week of torments (2 midterms-one was OK, one was not, a project due, and a time consuming homework).... <_<

my opinion is that the valk looks great except for the bunny ears...make em short a little and theyll look even more fabulous

I really can't wait... must go to Japan or Hong-Kong :lol:

Gunpod looks big. Wonder if it will scrape along the ground when in fighter mode?

Look at the huge seam on its leg! Is this a bootleg version? *joking*

The hands I like. Hopefully they will be able to somehow make the wrist sturdy enough to support the weight of that big gunpod without sacrificing articulation or having the hand wobble around with the slightest movement.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker