New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Back from my holiday.

As it seems no one has posted them yet, here's the scans of the 1/60 VF-0S from last month's issues of Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan magazines.

December Dengeki Hobby.

Click to enlarge: -

dec05-dengeki.jpg

December Hobby Japan.

Click to enlarge: -

Some good shots here of the pilot figure and also the inside of the leg FAST pack, showing the magnet attachment.

dec05-hobbyjap.jpg

Graham

The price is ridiculous.  I certainly won't be preordering one of these bad boys.  The seams on the legs are also a bit Toynami-ish... but forgiveable.

345430[/snapback]

Bear in mind that the photos are most likely still not the finished product. I would bet good money that the seams on the legs will be tightened up by the time of release.

Graham

Obviosuly we're not getting tampo-printed skulls on the heatshield and Yamato learned nothing from the DYRL chicken hands.... BUT I just downloaded Mac0 finally and watched the first ep last night, and after the first time the VF-0 transforms, I am so excited about this toy that it's not even funny.

By no means any offense to the other mag scanners, but NOBODY does mag scans like graham. *thumbs up* :lol:

The VF-0 is looking great. I already got a freelance gig that'll more than provide the means for me to get five of these... barring any major QC issues.

looking better every pic release.

edit: typo

Edited by Nani?!

Obviosuly we're not getting tampo-printed skulls on the heatshield.

345440[/snapback]

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure.

They never bother doing Tampo printing on these hand painted prototypes shown in the magazines. They will sometimes just use decals for these, usually taken from model kits where the size is compatible.

Once the tooling is done, and the test shots start getting made, then I bet we'll start seeing some pics that show tampo printed heatshields.

Graham

I just hope the seams in the legs isn't due to them being die-cast. If the 1/48 taught us anything it was that you could make a damn nice, and sturdy toy without using die cast, and the die cast legs on the 1/60 VF-1 were craptastic as well.

However, after a second look at the second page scan, it looks like the leg armor might be magnetic, see the round metallic thing in the center?. I bet they are magnetic, and the legs are freaking die cast. <_<

Edited by Mechamaniac

However, after a second look at the second page scan, it looks like the leg armor might be magnetic, see the round metallic thing in the center?.  I bet they are magnetic, and the legs are freaking die cast.  <_<

345451[/snapback]

It was already announced months ago that the leg FAST packs will attach by magnets.

I don't think the lower legs will be die-cast. From my previous contact with Yamato, I know that since making the 1/48, they dislike using die-cast in transforming toys.

I suspect that the lower legs will be ABS plastic and will have a small magnet glued inside.

Graham

The whole leg might not be diecast, there might just be a little metal pice attached to the inside of the leg....might explain why this toy has a heftier price tag.

Looks like the wings cross over in transformation. Don't know if I like that. But it does look specky. :D

This time around, I think the missiles look awesome! So much detail, and they are painted!

Any news on an accessories set, not the GBP, that will come later for the VF-0, but the set with the Ghost boosters?

Looks liek theVF0S will be a snap for Yamato. That's a different type of heatshield from the looks of it.

The two things I'm most curious about now are: -

1) Is the pitot tube on the underside of the nose removable or does it somehow retract into the nose cone. If so, how does it retract?

2) How does the rotating seat mechanism work, as there doesn't seem to be that much free space in the cockpit?

Graham

Diecast has no affect on magnets. Diecast is zinc. Regardless of if the legs are diecast, styrene, ABS, or whatever, there must be separate magnets embedded in the legs to attract the FAST pack magnets.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Where is the rotating seat you guys are talking about?

345494[/snapback]

In one of the hobby mags several months ago, it was announced that the pilot's seat would rotate in the cockpit, just like in the anime, so that the pilot would be sitting in the correct position in Battroid mode. IIRC, I think Renato translated the article. It's probably mentioned in this thread somewhere if you want to read back through all 20+ pages.

Graham

Wow...posted today and i'm 3 pages behind! This toy rocks! GO GO YAMATO! SHOW ME GERWALK!

I'm liking the picture on the top right. You could never get your 1/48's or 1/60's to do that because the shoulders dont' move forward enough. I'm lovin it. :ph34r:

Edited by wolfx

I think it is possible for the rotating seat to be utilized.....

I looked at the pics even more and it is cleverly deceptive if I am right. I think if the mechanism is retained in these prototypes, the seat has to be pushed downward at a 15-20 degree slant, so it kind of slides downward and forward at the same time., and then it can rotate, and then pushed back up. Kind of hard to understand but just visualize it, I think you might be able to get it.

Overall the prototype is in white, would you all prefer it to be light grey instead? I think it would look better....more rugged and stuff. And its light gret in the anime.....but then again maybe that was just the light. I REALLY hope we get a SV-51 and VF-0D/A out of this!