New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I'm not very knowledgable about the VF-0, what's the deal with the gap above the feet in GERWALK mode?  Is that how it's supposed to be are just something that's necessary for the toy or am I just being confused by the lighting?  Let me know if you guys don't see what i'm talking about...

363920[/snapback]

It looks like the feet can be pulled down further in Gerwalk mode, to allow them to be angled more forward.

Graham

Guys,

Here's the new photos of the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-0S toy from the March 2006 issues of Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan magazines, enjoy!

Dengeki Hobby magazine (click thumbnail to enlarge)

dh-yamato-mar.jpg

Hobby Japan magazine (click thumbnail to enlarge)

hj-yamato-mar.jpg

Graham

Thanks for the pics G-Man. This toy will be a beauty, I am so glad Yamato dropped the PVC crappy 1/100. Yay! I will get two at least.

Also the Garland will be great, Yamato is really killing my wallet. ho well.. this happens to me for been a toy whore.

Nice GERWALk & GARWALK... by the way.

The feet look better!

Highlights:

1) Definitely no diecast (correct me if I'm wrong)

2) Appears to be Fast Pack ready (from the backpack in GERWALK)

3) Collectibility will drastically increase by your ability to keep the front antenna from breaking... that thing is a total accident waiting to happen.

I am Soooooooo getting one of these. . .

But only one. . .

And that Garland is going to be a must have. . .

3) Collectibility will drastically increase by your ability to keep the front antenna from breaking... that thing is a total accident waiting to happen.

364713[/snapback]

Hssss....I just noticed that. For our sake I hope that particular piece is detachable, or at least in the form of some kind of flexible material, although that would ruin the model-esque nature of the "toy."

Highlights:

1) Definitely no diecast (correct me if I'm wrong)

You can see diecast pieces , they are in silver !

The VF-0 looks ..waou.. :D I want it :)

Thanks graham :D

364753[/snapback]

Looks like the LERX/internal chest plate/front hinge of the shoulders are metal. the actual shoulder hinge connectors are the dark gray ABS, like the feet and gun.

Ummm they need to fix the hands. They need to pull it out of the forearms a bit more...but then again I thought that the hands don't retract? They should make them a touch bigger and make em MG like hands.

I'm very happy with it as a whole so far. I think that it looks mad funky. Can't wait to see the completed model. I think I'll drill holes in the airbrakes too.

:D

Love everything about the VF-0, except:

1. The skinny arms. Could be beefed up just a little.

2. The backpack. Looks odd something doesn't look quite right.

3. Chicken hands. Could be bigger.

Other than that, it looks great in all modes.

Thanks for the pics, Graham. :)

Love everything about the VF-0, except:

1. The skinny arms. Could be beefed up just a little.

2. The backpack. Looks odd something doesn't look quite right.

3. Chicken hands. Could be bigger.

Other than that, it looks great in all modes.

Thanks for the pics, Graham. :)

364861[/snapback]

I think these issues are related to the transformation and the compromises needed to transition between lineart and a workable toy. The arms need to be skinny enough to be hidden between the legs in fighter mode (which in turn are oversized at the inlets in order to hide the shoulders). The backpack needs to be oversized to hide the hands and fold flush with the wrists (which in turn are undersized to fit the backpack).

I'm so buying this bird!!!

Unfortunately I see two problems, maybe one if the battroid isn't transformed properly.

Look at the shoulders, the top of them interferes with the wing, reducing mobility.

In battroid mode it appears they touch the chestplate ala 1/60 VF-1 (I hope it is transformed wrong, I believe it is collapsed into the chest area).

post-557-1138689283_thumb.jpg

post-557-1138689326_thumb.jpg