Jump to content
joppewo

Hi-Metal R

Recommended Posts

THANKS!!!  Just ordered a second one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

HLJ has the VF-2SS available for order again, heads up

 

Awesome. Thanks -- hadn't managed to get a pre-order before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh! How in the world do I keep missing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking back, but it appears August 24th was the day the VE-1 Elint Seeker was announced.

Coming up on three months without any new Hi-Metal release announcements. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a big show next month where we're expecting lots of Macross news.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HG Blows said:

HLJ has the VF-2SS available for order again, heads up

Ouch! I forgot that this will get released this month. Time to sell some organs once again. :wacko:

 

 

But deep inside, I'm excited for this. :yahoo:

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jenius said:

There's a big show next month where we're expecting lots of Macross news.

Right on! Thanks for cheering me up Jenius. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting on sime solid images/video ofnthe 2SS now.  We're only a few weeks out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it'd be nice to know for a fact it'll be better than the 1/60 VF-2SS.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yes, it'd be nice to know for a fact it'll be better than the 1/60 VF-2SS.

I don't see how it could be any worse. I like the ET VF-2SS for what it is but it would be a MASSIVE fail on Bandai's part if they weren't able to improve on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I don't see how it could be any worse. I like the ET VF-2SS for what it is but it would be a MASSIVE fail on Bandai's part if they weren't able to improve on it.

I'm personally wondering how much parts-forming it'll use, and how the underside looks in fighter mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm personally wondering how much parts-forming it'll use, and how the underside looks in fighter mode.

Even though there's no full underside photo of the HMR VF-2SS yet, I really think that seeing it from this angle.

HMR...
item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_07.jpg.d59920483a7d4753dde17047d2aea90b.jpg

beats EvoToys'.
vf-2ss_151213.jpg.9ed3a66183bd1b5b4f6d28437c780729.jpg

 

Don't you guys agree? :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Even though there's no full underside photo of the HMR VF-2SS yet, I really think that seeing it from this angle.

HMR...
 

beats EvoToys'.
 

Don't you guys agree? :rolleyes:

 

Wholeheartedly. The end of the month can't get here fast enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for that to show up. Alongside the SDF-1.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

I'm ready for the VF-2SS! :)

5a04ada22445b_VF-2SSdecalsready.jpg.00a618aada1e70a174f9032ca2cd5d5e.jpg

Care to share? ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Care to share? ^_^

 

I can share the file I made, if you like, but you'll have to print it out yourself on decal paper. I sized them to about 1/100 scale, but I don't know how big Bandai's VF-2SS will really be.

The scaled down markings I took from the ET stickers look like they might still be too large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I can share the file I made, if you like, but you'll have to print it out yourself on decal paper. I sized them to about 1/100 scale, but I don't know how big Bandai's VF-2SS will really be.

The scaled down markings I took from the ET stickers look like they might still be too large.

Cool cool. File only is ok. Really appreciate it. :drinks:

Are you going to resize it again the moment you got the figure?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Even though there's no full underside photo of the HMR VF-2SS yet, I really think that seeing it from this angle.

HMR...
item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_07.jpg.d59920483a7d4753dde17047d2aea90b.jpg

beats EvoToys'.
vf-2ss_151213.jpg.9ed3a66183bd1b5b4f6d28437c780729.jpg

 

Don't you guys agree? :rolleyes:

 

No comparison between the two toys (minus the  scale size). As I have the Evo 2SS, I can't wait to see my HMR 2SS's! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool cool. File only is ok. Really appreciate it. :drinks:

Are you going to resize it again the moment you got the figure?

 

Yeah I'll do a final resize and test before I print it on decal sheet. The ET version has very few markings, so I added a bunch of Yamato markings. The NO STEP decals are super tiny. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

No comparison between the two toys (minus the  scale size). As I have the Evo 2SS, I can't wait to see my HMR 2SS's! 

I do have an Evo version too. But all I'm just pointing out is that Bandai somehow nailed that clean look for a small scale figure. ;) 

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I'll do a final resize and test before I print it on decal sheet. The ET version has very few markings, so I added a bunch of Yamato markings. The NO STEP decals are super tiny. :o

No worries. I love applying the NO STEP decals. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I'll do a final resize and test before I print it on decal sheet. The ET version has very few markings, so I added a bunch of Yamato markings. The NO STEP decals are super tiny. :o

Awesome! I'd love the file too when you finalize it...if you don't mind. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I do have an Evo version too. But all I'm just pointing out is that Bandai somehow nailed that clean look for a small scale figure. ;) 

Exactly and that's what make the HMR so amazing at this point. A smaller scale with 5 times the detail & accuracy. B))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Awesome! I'd love the file too when you finalize it...if you don't mind. Thanks!

Sure thing! 

Thank goodness the VF-2SS is almost entirely white. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a casual glance at the overall shape of the HMR version was enough to sell me on it.  The 1/60 just looks like its back is broken.  Also, funny how Bandai was able to hide all those expose hinges, at a little more than half the size of the Evo Toys one. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the HMR VF-2SS is sucessful and Bandai releases all the variants of the Valkyrie. 

After that I really hope Bandai sees the potential of a DX Chogokin of the VF-2.

Edited by Scyla
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Hopefully the HMR VF-2SS is sucessful and Bandai releases all the variants of the Valkyrie. 

After that I really hope Bandai sees the potential of a DX Chogokin of the VF-2.

I LIKE! :wub:  :good: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first anything from Macross II -- I'm pumped for this little guy!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Hopefully the HMR VF-2SS is sucessful and Bandai releases all the variants of the Valkyrie. 

After that I really hope Bandai sees the potential of a DX Chogokin of the VF-2.

I'm hoping for a VF-25 in the HMR line, or a newer version of the YF/VF-19.

Might even get the VF-4, VF-11, and VF-17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for my orders of the VF-2SS.  For now I have planned a custom Nexx, Max, and Milia scheme.

I’ll see if I can take a pic of my Destroids this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, so excited for the VF-2SS. Got two on order. Planning to keep one in fighter mode with SAP, one in Battroid mode with SAP.

May have to order a third for SAP-less display in Fighter mode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yeah, so excited for the VF-2SS. Got two on order. Planning to keep one in fighter mode with SAP, one in Battroid mode with SAP.

May have to order a third for SAP-less display in Fighter mode.

You're not going to order a fourth one for a SAP-less Battroid mode display? :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I caved and Purchased a Max/Milia HMR set........................................

Deep goes this rabbit-hole!:ph34r:

 

I'm going to end up with an VE-1 [Battroid VE-1!] and a VT-1... the VF-2SS is very tempting...

If they break into Macross7 or Frontier I'm gonna be in trouble.

Edited by slide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm hoping for a VF-25 in the HMR line, or a newer version of the YF/VF-19.

Might even get the VF-4, VF-11, and VF-17.

While I welcome further expansion of the line, I'd hope Bandai at least completes the original Macross line-up before delving any further into the sequels...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×