Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Gahh I'm gonna be totally screwed if or when they release a v3 of the 1/60 range as I'd probably end up re-mortgage or sell my house to pay for them all! Then what to do with all my older v2's which I might not like or want anymore..

Hopefully they won't do that anytime soon as there isn't much wrong with the current v2's in my opinion..

Well if they do just more re-releases of existing V2 vf-1 1/60, I think it would be wise they just add in option parts to give a tiny incentive to those who already have existing v2 to kinda "upgrade" which from a business perspective at least gives them an excuse to keep making VF-1 toys. The existing owners of older release are not going to complain since it is essentially the same thing with some side pieces. And make the box art look cooler to make it more presentable and noticeable from a distance. (eg the font look a bit boring)

Personally I think things like the side pars for robot mode complete the toy. If the VF-19 gets all kinds of optional covers to tidy up the robot mode why didn't the VF-1?

So in future I hope yamato just include that piece for all the future VF-1. Bandai gives you a stand for their 1/60 toys, so yamato should at least include the extra pieces to cover the robot mode up imo. Overall the battroid mode is actually why some people like this over 1/48 with its tiny hands. (that is until they decide one day to do a "definitive" VF-1 toy at 1/48 which looks more balanced but includes all the little gimmicks of both scales in it too)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

What do you consider reasonable?

A price somewhere in the range of US$500 (including shipping) would be a good negotiation starting point.

Of course, I wouldn't be opposed to them pricing it less. :D

Mr.K has stated to the Japanese fans the possibility of re-releasing the v.2 VF-1s and the accessories like GBP, Super Pack, etc, also that we should be prepared for them to be slightly more expensive.

Awesome I'm gonna buy a DYRL? Skull Squadron! :D

Ok. is it allowed to change my wish? May only wish would be that Arcadia releases a stand that works for all their Valkyries (especially the VF-19) and that looks like the launch arm stand from Yamato.

Yeah sometimes it's that simple.... :)

Hmmm, seriously, a Sharon Apple figure would be a good crossover in their product lines...

Old Repops: VF-1A Max TV, DYRL CF & VF-19F

New Stuff: Ghost X-9,TV SDF-1, bad guys

Oh, and winning the lotto so I can pay for them.

Mr.K has stated to the Japanese fans the possibility of re-releasing the v.2 VF-1s and the accessories like GBP, Super Pack, etc, also that we should be prepared for them to be slightly more expensive.

Excellent!!! Need more GBP armors.

Excellent!!! Need more GBP armors.

Yes!

And the M&M valks with option parts - nice news! when? I know, I know - eventually . . .

And Yes!

Also the cavalier, angelbird, vfx, virgin road and SDF-1 so I will finally be (for the meantime) complete! :p

Got my bank statement yesterday and Arcadia can take alllllllll the time they need.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes!

And Yes!

Also the cavalier, angelbird, vfx, virgin road and SDF-1 so I will finally be (for the meantime) complete! :p

Got my bank statement yesterday and Arcadia can take alllllllll the time they need.

i could be wrong but i doubt they are going to re-release the rare vf-1's like the loz viz, vf-x, virgin road

Make some new schemes, lets get the VT-1 DYRL with Hikaru and Minmay.

1/60 Zentraedi soldier

1/60 Regult

1/60 Regult command pod

Also instead of those pointless non-transforming

Type figures that failed, how about a line of actual figures

From SDF, DYRL ect. ?

Nice. Glad I passed on a lot of expensive pieces people have been selling.

I'd pay 130-140 for almost any re-issue with some sort of stand and decent packaging.

Hopefully it will impact the resell market even further.

I think it was mentioned before that yamato/arcadia is not going to do the non-canon valks because it might make shoji kawamori pissed since that show was not an approved show haha

Isn't the reason yamato/arcadia can claim to be more authentic to the shows is because they have access to him to ensure accuracy to his original mech design? If they do a VF-2 it would spoil that relationship wouldn't it? (since he had nothing to do with M2)

Maybe that is why they haven't done it?

Personally I would like to see one. But I'll be honest here: I am more interested in whether yamato ever decide to make the mospeada Legios and TREAD. These are toys that I think all the current macross toy collectors would buy since they were basically rip offs of the valkyrie with some combining feature. Engineering-wise all the current companies have failed to capture the original spirit of the 80s mech that we all want. CMs did a decent job but it has little detail, and the tried to make it look too skinny in robot mode. And the link up with the TREAD wasn't very good.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

... shoji kawamori...

...Needs to not be a pissy little bitch if he is in fact the one they're worried about. He, and EVERYONE ELSE WHO WORKED ON SDF, could have done Macross II but they didn't want to. Honestly it does irritate me that it took so long to get to MII and then Plus. All the original showrunners acted like they were too good for Macross for such a long time. Then they come back after MII reinvigorated interest in more of the franchise, even though it was a bit of a disappointment, and they crap on it and claim it's an alternate reality unconnected to their work. Bunch of hypocrites, they'd probably have never worked another day on a Macross franchise had MII not come out.

vf-2ss_SAP.jpg

HOLY GRAIL!