It's ClickHole, from the makers of The Onion. In Buzzfeed-form. :D

I tweeted the results from a ClickHole "quiz", and one of the people who follows me thought it was real. I really worry about some peoples' satire detection.

I posted that because, A. It's funny, and B. It really reminds me of true articles I keep seeing pop up about Ep 7. And just remember, we've still got over a year to go before release.

Woah. Nice little tease for Star Wars fans who are also Batman fans, but as someone who doesn't give two $hits about Batman and the entire franchise, the second half totally ruined it for me. Awesome start though.

That batmobile is an example of a long running gag prop builders have done since the original trilogy and is an homage to the kitbashing roots.

Other examples:

Green army man hidden in the SSD Executor's hull

2nd Death Star has the NYC skyline hidden in it

Close Encounters alien ship has R2D2 on it

Starship Troopers Rodger Young has the Falcon attached to the back of the tower

That batmobile is an example of a long running gag prop builders have done since the original trilogy and is an homage to the kitbashing roots.

Other examples:

Green army man hidden in the SSD Executor's hull

2nd Death Star has the NYC skyline hidden in it

Close Encounters alien ship has R2D2 on it

Starship Troopers Rodger Young has the Falcon attached to the back of the tower

See how much Macross/Robot3ch starred in "Aliens":

http://www.therpf.com/f9/greeblie-identification-needed-aliens-36203/

That and the fact (yup fact) that that version of the "batmobile" is an abomination.

I don't think you understand the definition of the world fact. You see, that's not a fact, that's a opinion, and no mater how strongly you feel about it, it's still an opinion.

On the note of all the hyperspace stuff, the parsec line is in reference to the Falcon's fast hyperspace velocity allowing it to run closer to gravity wells (mass shadows in hyperspace terminology) and its high powered navicomputer being able to plot routes that run at the bleeding edge of where the Falcon's drives can take it, allowing it to make a shorter journey across the Maw than most vessels. The standard Kessel Run circa 0BBY is 18pc, but there are recorded shorter runs, as well as historic longer routes. As well, ".5 past lightspeed" refers to the hyperdrive class. The "past lightspeed" part just means "in hyperspace". The ".5" part means "It falls in the .5 class" along a classification system in which faster ships have a lower numerical rating, and Imperial-class Star Destroyers are rated to 1, with Class-12 backup hyperdrives. Each increment is exponentially faster than the last as I recall, and so the Class .5 hyperdrive suite on the Falcon makes it significantly faster than nearly all ships in the galaxy.

Coming back to JJ Abrams Strikes Back, I'm confident the spy shots aren't of the full-scale Falcon replica, but a dummy Falcon used for background and exterior shots. The full-scale replica is probably still in a sound stage with its far more expensive modeled interior.

In the West End Games RPGs, starships had a hyperdrive "multiplier" which represented hyperspace speed; say you had a x1 multiplier hyperdrive, a one week hyper-journey took exactly that, one week. But with a x2 multiplier, it took exactly twice as long. The "Falcons" multiplier was "x.5"... sounds very similar to the outline above.

And I'm still pretty sure the whole parsec thing is because sci-fi writers have no sense of scale, or indeed, astronomical units. :lol: