DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

43 minutes ago, dafob said:

Got cartjacked at BiJ.  Sold out super fast.  Got one at Yoykunow.  Never ordered from them before.  I hope they're legit/safe... :(

Did they require you to prepay?

19 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

There numbers on how many they have left keep fluctuating...down to 3 up to 7 up to 9 down to 3. How?

I'm not too worried, so long as they aren't marking up the item as the numbers change.

Could just be people adding or removing to the cart.  As nice as it is to see those numbers, the systems that calculate them may not be reliable due to how people add and remove them like that.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not too worried, so long as they aren't marking up the item as the numbers change.

Could just be people adding or removing to the cart.  As nice as it is to see those numbers, the systems that calculate them may not be reliable due to how people add and remove them like that.

Good call for sure!

5 minutes ago, scand said:

Did they require you to prepay?

I'm pretty sure that every site offering it will ask you to prepay because they have to prepay when they place their orders. Tamashii Web Exclusives are handled differently than regular retail releases. They are meant for individuals, not stores, so stores have to get creative to order many of them.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Is the pre order tonight for US (25-26JAN)? or tomorrow (26-27)? Just want to make sure I set an alarm. I am in for one if I can score. No need for more.

This is going to be a Tamashii Web Exclusive, so the usual PO Madness rules don't 100% apply. You won't be able to order it directly from stores like HLJ, AmiAmi, and Amazon Japan. Some stores, like Anime Export, will offer it at a markup, but the number of available units will probably be low and they might cancel your order if you're too far down the list of buyers because they weren't able to secure enough units, so you'll want to act fast. Your other option is to go through a proxy buying service. Their markup is about the same as what you'll deal with at AE, but they buy directly from Bandai for you, so if they confirm your order, you're good to go. They have the same stock issue as AE, where they fill orders as they come in, until they can't. If you're too far back in line, they'll cancel your order. You'll want to place an order as quickly as possible.

Edited by Anasazi37

1 hour ago, dafob said:

Got cartjacked at BiJ.  Sold out super fast.  Got one at Yoykunow.  Never ordered from them before.  I hope they're legit/safe... :(

1 hour ago, skullmilitia said:

I was looking up YoYakunow and can’t find anything positive lol. Is it legit? 

They are legit.

32 minutes ago, tekering said:

Actually, it's ¥35,200. 😐

You're both right. 32000 is the "retail price" but since it's a webshop item and there's no way around paying Japan's 10% tax for such items, the real price is 35200, before any vendor markups. :unknw:

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Got the Yamato V2 1/60. Easy pass for me. Never one of my favs, but good luck to all going for the DX! 

Still on the fence whether to skip this or not. 

Within few months...DX BUYS on the YF-19, 2 yf-21's, snagged a VF-1 mechanic edition on mandarake and now this....

GAH!! This VT-1 would make it 4 or 5(?) DX buys in january alone! :help:8P

Edited by seti88

Ok so the tent is actually papercraft.

From the translation of the wordings, I can't figure out if the tent is included from a pull-out page in the instruction manual that you can fold, or if the instruction manual only contains the instructions on how to make one with your own materials. I think likely the latter, seeing that there isn't any mention of it in the parts list.

18 minutes ago, MKT said:

From the translation of the wordings, I can't figure out if the tent is included from a pull-out page in the instruction manual that you can fold, or if the instruction manual only contains the instructions on how to make one with your own materials. I think likely the latter, seeing that there isn't any mention of it in the parts list.

If someone can find that video, we'd know....🤔

202401251335111.jpg

59 minutes ago, grogall said:

If someone can find that video, we'd know....🤔

202401251335111.jpg

8 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Video seems to be in this series, but i cannot find it.
Notice the VT-1 with the black jacket and green jacket to the left...

I bet it will be posted soon

https://macross.jp/mactoma

Video is not surprisingly region-locked so I guess only accessible via VPN.. 

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Make sure you paid it. Otherwise its not done.:acute:

That is why I said done and done. I was sweating it as the payment screen was loaded, but when it went from "Confirm Not Paid" to "Awaiting Stock" under "My Orders" I finally relaxed a little.

On 11/15/2023 at 10:42 PM, grogall said:

I for one hope they do something about the number, 102 was already used for the VF-1D, so hopefully this is just a prototype mistake...

On 11/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, Lolicon said:

Probably don't need to dwell too much on single screenshots from a show filled with animation inconsistencies and errors.

Aside from that split second frame, neither 102 nor 607 was ever firmly established as the proper modex for the VT-1 Hikaru borrowed, so it really doesn't matter what modex number Bandai used. The tampo is just as obnoxious. :p

dyrl-vt-102.png.8b352aca98d9651ecb4295813aacd928.png

Yeah, I really don't mind the 102, and modexes are -supposed- to be obnoxious.  It makes sense they would reference the same number for the retelling.

Little disappointing about the tent probably being paper, but there is a benefit to that.  If it was solid plastic, it would be harder to light it up from inside with an LED campfire. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Did anyone ever notice this notch. Looks like Bandai improved the arm to leg connection to reduce sagging.

image.png.dc3fdf7e83fc74205538a25d5134c3b9.png

Wonder if that's a feature on just this specific valk, to address the fact that it doesn't have any arm packs.  I don't have one handy to look at, but I think the arms usually rely on the legs holding up the arm packs to support them.

Edit- Looked at all the close-ups I could find, and I'm really not seeing any reason for those slots.. and it looks like the opposite arm has a plug in that hole, so who knows if it's supposed to be there.  It looks like the arms are just going to depend on the tabs that usually hold the backpack down.. which, yeah, I'll probably be looking for some way to reinforce those dumb arm pegs, or add a notch to them to lock the arms up, because they've never been worth anything.

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, MKT said:

it says paper craft for the tent is included.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Edit- Looked at all the close-ups I could find, and I'm really not seeing any reason for those slots.. and it looks like the opposite arm has a plug in that hole, so who knows if it's supposed to be there.

Those are speed holes; makes the plane go faster. That’s why it’s so expensive. 

15 minutes ago, Duymon said:

no clue why the VT-1 photos have that extra space on the arms. It surely wouldn't be used for VE-1 arm armor so who knows 😕

Maybe its something to do with the VE-1 Elintseeker, since the both share the same mold?

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Did anyone ever notice this notch. Looks like Bandai improved the arm to leg connection to reduce sagging.

image.png.dc3fdf7e83fc74205538a25d5134c3b9.png

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wonder if that's a feature on just this specific valk, to address the fact that it doesn't have any arm packs.  I don't have one handy to look at, but I think the arms usually rely on the legs holding up the arm packs to support them.

Edit- Looked at all the close-ups I could find, and I'm really not seeing any reason for those slots.. and it looks like the opposite arm has a plug in that hole, so who knows if it's supposed to be there.  It looks like the arms are just going to depend on the tabs that usually hold the backpack down.. which, yeah, I'll probably be looking for some way to reinforce those dumb arm pegs, or add a notch to them to lock the arms up, because they've never been worth anything.

Yeah.

There is nothing in the promo pics to indicate any peg  nor usage from the FAST Pack for that notch:

20 hours ago, grogall said:

VT-1_18_hp.jpg

VT-1_16_hp.jpg

item_0000014813_sK5nUNBc_11.jpg

item_0000014813_sK5nUNBc_10.jpg

item_0000014813_sK5nUNBc_06.jpg

31 minutes ago, Powered Convoy said:

Managed to get a preorder in from Anime Japan Geek. Has anyone used them before?

This is his youtube channel since years,

https://www.youtube.com/@JapanGeek

it lives in Japan and he literally begun first in making youtube videos of showing japanese toys from different stores there, mostly he is a big fan of Saint Seiya and secondly Macross, its youtube channel grow larger and slowly created that website for purchase toys from Japan, from a purchasing point of view it has very good reputation sending their items very well protected around the world, I havent purchase any from him just yet because sometimes it puts a huge markup price in certain items, but I think this time around for this DX is actually a pretty damn good price imo, and Im also thingking about of getting one from him.