DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Buddy in Japan texted me this right before you posted. It looks great! And actual seated pilots this time! Unlike my empty cockpit 1D. :p

just means you gotta get it for seated pilots for the 1D now 😜

Edited by R0P3-F15H

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I wonder if the Ostrich uses normal size tailfins and does some other geometry magic with the rear hinge, or if it uses the shorter tailfins like Yamato did (that always bugged me, I like a full size tailfin)

image.png.d2b170f1fd5e1f9204db08abbd0bf03b.png

The smaller fins on the VT-1 & VE-1 do bug me sometimes, as these 2 seaters actually do look good without the packs. Not optimistic Bandai will do some engineering tricks with the tailfins though. They will likely just use shorter ones like their HMR. But there is some kinda flip-up tab here to hold the fins in place that I don't remember the HMR or Yamato's ever had.

58 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I've always wanted to have a VT-1 like this (The old Orange Collection models)

oc103_pic2.jpg

This looks great! I wish we see this tailfin size even on the current crop of single-seater VF-1 toys, like the old 1/55.

Edited by MKT

33 minutes ago, grogall said:

I for one hope they do something about the number, 102 was already used for the VF-1D, so hopefully this is just a prototype mistake...

image.jpeg.986a8a47e7176899b279d1f4c428c09f.jpeg

That is a good point, I wonder how that got missed.. well, no I don't, they probably copied from the VF-1D :lol:

Though, honestly, I don't think it detracts from the design that much?  Maybe that's hypocritical after all my rage about the reversed modexes on the VF-1s, but it's at least consistent.

Also.. holy cow, Hikaru isn't a midget in this one!  And yeah, they are probably using a bunch of VF-1D parts for the mockup, since it's got the TV instrument panel and HUD.

Edited by Chronocidal

So who is hoping for a (Mechanic Edition)? 

image.jpeg.256e6e22d59897da66041b9c7ed073bb.jpeg

So in this picture you can clearly see that there using decals for the prototype so there is hope the will change the number...

image.jpeg.ec61d9f4963c60517f32a5aeb42b7379.jpeg

A nice large pic of the side view!

F_B7WlNa4AA7XPj.jpeg

Edited by grogall
added picture

11 hours ago, MKT said:

But there is some kinda flip-up tab here to hold the fins in place that I don't remember the HMR or Yamato's ever had.

They are on the Yamato VT-1 and VE-1. But I never use them since the packs are held securely in place without them, just like the regular VF-1.VT-107a.jpg.1a73edbc864a3ebc3e6013c3fed8810a.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

I can't believe this is coming out before Arcadia do the VT-1 re-issue (are they ever going to do it??). That is one hole in my 1/60 collection that I've been patiently waiting on. These DX valks are too big and too expensive to do a line-up for and I've only been getting the most prominent ones. I'm afraid this release will further dwindle the interest on the Arcadia VT-1 so it may never come.....

I'm curious also why Arcadia never did a VT-1. Maybe BigWest jacks up the price on the license when they know Bandai is also working on something? Maybe that's why they haven't given us a 0A Premium Finish also... Bandai said "Hey, we're doing some MacZero stuff in the next couple years, chase Arcadia off for us." 

13 hours ago, grogall said:

I for one hope they do something about the number, 102 was already used for the VF-1D, so hopefully this is just a prototype mistake...

It's marked 102 in the movie (blink and you'll miss it during Saturn chase)... I wonder where the 607 came from for the Hasegawa art.

image.png.9d2722693a16dd9dded0afc9204ceb3f.png

32 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

It's marked 102 in the movie (blink and you'll miss it during Saturn chase)... I wonder where the 607 came from for the Hasegawa art.

image.png.9d2722693a16dd9dded0afc9204ceb3f.png

Yea this makes sense to me as the VT-1 is the equivalent to the VF-1D in the move iirc?

just means the super parts will look great on the VF-1D😁

Edited by R0P3-F15H