HMR Macross Zero VF-0D Shin

MKT

3 hours ago, Graham said:

So, anybody else having trouble getting the wings tabbed all the way into the legs in fighter mode? Especially the left wing.

20230816_075350-picsay.jpg

20230816_075435-picsay.jpg

Mine were like that after my first transform to Fighter.

Along with the other tabs on the legs and backpack, as well as the arms and the gunpod not aligning properly.

The fuselage itself was not securing properly, either.

I massaged the parts a bit and it gradually got a bit better, I think:

hmr-vf0d-2.jpg.32cfda6365afcc2f7eae6796773eb71a.jpg

hmr-vf0d-1.jpg.1b07f72d5def27c75e4a548e45e348a5.jpg

that said, some extra quick pics...

hmr-vf0d-3.jpg.1dc13f8703a3d138d61bb36463c152b1.jpg

hmr-vf0d-4.jpg.b2f348071e8bf20a53ae117afe6e2698.jpg

Edited by treatment

18 minutes ago, treatment said:

Mine were like that after my first transform to Fighter.

Along with the other tabs on the legs and backpack, as well as the arms and the gunpod not aligning properly.

The fuselage itself was not securing properly, either.

I massaged the parts a bit and it gradually got a bit better, I think:

hmr-vf0d-2.jpg.32cfda6365afcc2f7eae6796773eb71a.jpg

hmr-vf0d-1.jpg.1b07f72d5def27c75e4a548e45e348a5.jpg

that said, some extra quick pics...

hmr-vf0d-3.jpg.1dc13f8703a3d138d61bb36463c152b1.jpg

hmr-vf0d-4.jpg.b2f348071e8bf20a53ae117afe6e2698.jpg

Just amazing how tiny the VF-1 is compared to every Variable Fighter that followed it, save the VF-5000 and VF-9

Twich

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Mine arrives tomorrow, if I should happen to have that issue I'll let you know. 

Is that the lighting from your camera or does your 0D have two shades or blue?

Just the lighting from my phone camera's flash.

15 hours ago, Graham said:

Just the lighting from my phone camera's flash.

@Graham Good to know it's just the flash! Now I need to go to fighter mode and see if those tabs are ok. 

My VF-0D just arrived and it's definitely one shade of blue, not different tones, which is a good thing.

As of this moment, bring on more of these Mac Zero HMR's Banda, I need some SV-51's to shoot at!! 

AmiAmi has become my new go to online shop, solid packing and as usual DHL handles the package with care. 

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

@Graham Good to know it's just the flash! Now I need to go to fighter mode and see if those tabs are ok. 

My VF-0D just arrived and it's definitely one shade of blue, not different tones, which is a good thing.

As of this moment, bring on more of these Mac Zero HMR's Banda, I need some SV-51's to shoot at!! 

AmiAmi has become my new go to online shop, solid packing and as usual DHL handles the package with care. 

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

I got mine from AmiAmi too - it was in a huge box but it was very well packaged. DHL is a solid choice for shipping in my opinion. Here's hoping they do lots of Zero stuff in the HMR line

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

I got mine from AmiAmi too - it was in a huge box but it was very well packaged. DHL is a solid choice for shipping in my opinion. Here's hoping they do lots of Zero stuff in the HMR line

Yeah, my box was big too but not a dent or wrinkle anywhere. 

I must say in that my VF-0S locks together pretty good and feels secure but this VF-0D is Rock Solid in fighter mode! 

@Graham After putting my 0D into fighter mode, luckily I had no issues with tabs on the wings going into the legs. 

On 8/11/2023 at 9:52 AM, seti88 said:

Tenjin-san supervised colors on the 0D...that explains the final uncommon color amongst bandai's releases...

👍👍:yahoo:

Along with his color-supervision of this HMR VF-0D, I really would like to believe that it was also Tenjin who forced Bandai to add and keep the yellow-detail on the missiles.

Would've been nice if they're orange stripes instead, but it's all good considering the glaring absence of the yellow-detail on the cluster-missiles of Bandai's HMR Roy VF-0S...

Edited by treatment

We finally got a Bandai valk with proper white landing gear! :p

Got my copy last night but only had time to fiddle with it a little.

After being disappointed by the 0S, I lowered my expectations accordingly, and I must say the 0D is a nice step up from the 0S. Just out of the box, in battroid mode, I'll go as far as to say this is the best looking valk to date in the HMR line.

Haven't transformed it yet, so I can't speak to its transformation and fit quality or fighter mode.

I've always been lukewarm to the quality of HMR valks, but if this is the kind of quality Bandai can put out in this line, then I'm much more excited for future valk releases.

The Arcadia PF version is still the best 0D, but this is a good (and much more affordable) alternative.

I think I'm going to have to scrounge up some decals to pretty her up some...

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nope, gone now.

It goes in & out of stock. 3 hours ago it was up with 3 copies available, went out of stock few minutes later, and when I refreshed just now it was back to 3 copies available again. Now it's out. 

43 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

No such luck for me. Was showing $60 US, so around ¥8,000+.

That sounds horribly high & much more than any other JP online stores to ship an item of that size to the US. Essentially negates all the discount & puts it squarely the same as, or perhaps more, than US MSRP.

I wonder then if anything Amazon.jp is worth buying to ship stateside these days.. 

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

That sounds horribly high & much more than any other JP online stores to ship an item of that size to the US. Essentially negates all the discount & puts it squarely the same as, or perhaps more, than US MSRP.

I wonder then if anything Amazon.jp is worth buying to ship stateside these days.. 

If sold and shipped by Amazon, I might have had a deal. Only saw two sellers who'd ship to the USA, and the second lowest price was one of those, but had the $60 shipping.

So finally got some more time to play with it, and at last transform it from gerwalk to plane mode... what a horrible process, especially in trying to fit the little teeny fists in the backpack. 

I also have to report the bad, mine does indeed have a colour difference... I thought it initially was the bright light in my bedroom.

So my question is this, does Bandai do replacement parts outside of Japan? 

image.jpeg.2fbaea70238e242591fcac87661dc2b2.jpeg

Edited by Raikkonen

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

So my question is this, does Bandai do replacement parts outside of Japan? 

I'm not even sure I've heard of them doing replacement parts in Japan.  Every time I've ever heard of them dealing with faulty products has been a full return/replace of the item.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, treatment said:

Along with his color-supervision of this HMR VF-0D, I really would like to believe that it was also Tenjin who forced Bandai to add and keep the yellow-detail on the missiles.

Would've been nice if they're orange stripes instead, but it's all good considering the glaring absence of the yellow-detail on the cluster-missiles of Bandai's HMR Roy VF-0S...

It is probably also Tenjin who advised Bandai to keep the landing gears unpainted to get that white-approximate colour. ^_^

6 hours ago, MKT said:

It is probably also Tenjin who advised Bandai to keep the landing gears unpainted to get that white-approximate colour. ^_^

We will never know, but thankfully the colour was reviewed after the initial reveal. 

But, my thought is whether Tenjin will continue to advise them on future VF-0 versions and others. 

1 hour ago, TommyWMan said:

To those who bought through AmiAmi: how much was shipping?

AmiAmi charged me 5165 yen or $35.59 for DHL shipping. It came in a big but very sturdy cardboard box & fully packed for safety.