MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Just now, weiser21 said:

Has Luna Park improved their shipping practices? The may be the only game left.

They pack their items well. The issue is it takes them time to ship, which is fine with me as long as they deliver.

Woohoo , my proxy was able to place my preorder in for the DX VT-1 super ostrich. Ā Ā 
Ā 

I totally missed the Japan preorder for the DX YF-21 . Ā  Iā€™m so glad that thereā€™s WWM releases now so I was able to easily preorder the USA release. Ā 

48 minutes ago, F360 said:

Woohoo , my proxy was able to place my preorder in for the DX VT-1 super ostrich. Ā Ā 
Ā 

I totally missed the Japan preorder for the DX YF-21 . Ā  Iā€™m so glad that thereā€™s WWM releases now so I was able to easily preorder the USA release. Ā 

Good to see youā€™re still around F360!

31 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Good to see youā€™re still around F360!

Thanks Ā , successfully preordering some Macross items always seem to brighten my day. Ā :). Ā 
Ā 

14 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Luna park swindled me out of a pricey pieceā€¦my dumb ass let the paypal protection period expire too. I wouldnā€™t ever use Luna park

That made my antenna go up. could you share more please.Ā  They seem legit having a phone app and YouTube channel. I wouldn't be against having a snuggle session with either one of them myself.šŸ«¢

Edited by Spark-O-Matic
Spelling Error

22 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

That made my antenna go up. could you share more please.Ā  They seem legit having a phone app and YouTube channel. I wouldn't be against having a snuggle session with either one of them myself.šŸ«¢

Iā€™m giving them a shot for the first time. Ā Iā€™ll let you hose me once. Ā Once. Ā Hoping they come through. Ā Their uniquely-protracted order window is curious.Ā 

On 1/16/2024 at 10:59 AM, 26662 said:

I wanted to but I just learned that with my turning 50 in a couple days, the govā€™t is allowing me to play catch up on my Roth IRA by authorizing an additional $7,500 in contributions over the typical annual cap. Ā I gotta max out to make up for the decades of neglect.

Iā€™m such a hypocrite. Ā I forgot I wrote this. Ā What did I do the other night? Ā Ordered one from Luna. Ā šŸ™‚

19 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope "you know now" hasĀ  cheap shipping options. i don't want to be robbed at the back end with shipping costs.

Hey @davidwhangchoi. I did reached out to them a couple of days after to ask for an estimate for budgeting purposes. And Ryota-san respectfully replied with "Bandai hasn't announced the exact package size and weight, so we do not know at this point. Assuming the same package size and weight as the DX Chogokin VF-1J, the currently available shipping fees and estimated delivery days for parcels to the US are as follows:

Estimated Shipping Weight: 3000g

Surface Mail approx 2-4 months: Y4000
FedEx approx 5 days: Y8468
UPS approx 4 days: Y8928
Airmail approx 3-6 months: Y9200
EMS approx 10-20 days: Y10300
DHL approx 5 days: Y12333

We hope you will find this information useful."

Hope that helps with your budgeting too.Ā :friends:

14 hours ago, F360 said:

Ā 

Hey @F360! Been awhile! Glad you were able to secure both DX. :good:

48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @davidwhangchoi. I did reached out to them a couple of days after to ask for an estimate for budgeting purposes. And Ryota-san respectfully replied with "Bandai hasn't announced the exact package size and weight, so we do not know at this point. Assuming the same package size and weight as the DX Chogokin VF-1J, the currently available shipping fees and estimated delivery days for parcels to the US are as follows:

Estimated Shipping Weight: 3000g

Surface Mail approx 2-4 months: Y4000
FedEx approx 5 days: Y8468
UPS approx 4 days: Y8928
Airmail approx 3-6 months: Y9200
EMS approx 10-20 days: Y10300
DHL approx 5 days: Y12333

We hope you will find this information useful."

Hope that helps with your budgeting too.Ā :friends:

wow! that's super helpful:good:

thanks noel for sharing, you the man!! i salute you:hail:

Wow that's so eye opening @no3Ljm - thanks, it really puts into perspective when ordering from Japan nowadays.Ā  Just before the pandemic, I was complaining about 3,000Y EMS to Canada for similiar sized/weight toys, but now that's increased over 3 fold (that's only 4yrs ago)!!!Ā  I had to factor in brokerage fees and customs, duties and taxes for us Canukleheads (if it was anything other than EMS - and still I had a 50:50 chance of customs), but not only is the toys getting so expensive, the shipping is astronomical nowadays.Ā  I wished I got a 300% increase in my wages over the last 4 years!!!

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Me too, glad everyone is still active , I was able to hold my temptations due to distractions and everything else in 2023 but when I noticed I missed the DX YF-21 Japan preorder that was it. Ā I have to get some of that. Luckily it Ā was pretty easy to get the USA release. Ā  And then I saw the DX VT-1 so might as well since itā€™s TWE and I donā€™t need to stay up for it . Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, 26662 said:

Iā€™m such a hypocrite. Ā I forgot I wrote this. Ā What did I do the other night? Ā Ordered one from Luna. Ā šŸ™‚

Well...you could sell your VT-1 in the future and get back some opportunity cost on the IRA interest.....šŸ˜‚

21 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

wow! ya know now has a lot of pre order rounds. hope none of these get cancelled

Lol yeah, I assumed they must have acquired another batch so PO's back up.Ā  I am tempted to get another one but nah.. I got one from AE so figured better for others that may not have had luck on PO night or for those that just want to double up.Ā  Yoyakunow seems pretty safe considering what others that purchased from them have experienced so far.Ā 

Edited by dragontype

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Well...you could sell your VT-1 in the future and get back some opportunity cost on the IRA interest.....šŸ˜‚

Hahaha!Ā  Never, never, NEVER sell the preciouses!Ā  :-)

13 hours ago, dragontype said:

If anyone missed out on the Ostrich.. here you go! (again)

https://www.yoyakunow.com/en/robots/20787-dx-chogokin-vt-1-super-ostrich.html

I do wonder how they went from selling out on pre-order day to now having 17 more available for pre-order?

I don't really see that happen with pre-orders from AmiAmi or HLJ, as far as I am aware.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I do wonder how they went from selling out on pre-order day to now having 17 more available for pre-order?

I don't really see that happen with pre-orders from AmiAmi or HLJ, as far as I am aware.Ā 

Because they found a few more nieces and nephews and Ā cousins and uncles and aunties to agree to order six each for them.Ā 

50 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, as discussed recently, itā€™s a completely different process. HLJ and Amiami donā€™t get any TWE preorders to begin with and anyone who does, is able to based on how many they are able to buy direct from Bandai just like any other individual. So the shops that do offer any can keep offering as long as they can secure more. A standard retail item usually has a set amount allotted for each shop that is predetermined.Ā 

8 hours ago, locidm said:

Because they found a few more nieces and nephews and Ā cousins and uncles and aunties to agree to order six each for them.Ā 

Ordered under names like:

Hugh JassĀ 

Earl E. MorningwoodĀ 

Amanda HugginkissĀ 

And so on...Ā 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:41 PM, betocc said:

Yes, like with with Yoyakunow who was heavely recomended by some people here. It is great to have everyboday sharing information about personal experiencie so we can take a decision if go or not with a storeĀ šŸ¤”Ā Hopefully everybody will receive their valkĀ šŸ˜

So Yoyakunow came back promptly on Sunday (yes! On their off day) and clarified on the misunderstanding. Because I had previously chosen the "storage" option, they will not send me any shipping notice even when all items have arrived. So the lesson learnt here is to keep track of the release dates and check back with them to initiate the shipping process. But I must say I'm impressed by their customer service

2 hours ago, Hoshizora said:

So Yoyakunow came back promptly on Sunday (yes! On their off day) and clarified on the misunderstanding. Because I had previously chosen the "storage" option, they will not send me any shipping notice even when all items have arrived. So the lesson learnt here is to keep track of the release dates and check back with them to initiate the shipping process. But I must say I'm impressed by their customer service

Nippon Yasan is here to satisfy, ya know now.

7 hours ago, Hoshizora said:

Hmm I'm trying to find more information on their storage / private warehouse policy.. but can't seem to find any on their site. Anyone has more info on that?