8 minutes ago, Mog said:

Did you ever get a chance to do a review of Ms. Emrose?

Negative :(

I haven't done a Iota or Eta Reissue review either. I'll probably get them up before this version hits shelves though. Got a big backlog to work through. 

Totally understand:  it takes time to snap a lot of quality photos and write up a thorough review.  And then you add in how we tend to have less time for these kinds of things as we get older, and yeah, I get it.

Though, your reviews are a great thing to reference back to! :good:

You said it! Kids are at a tougher age, house still has lots of projects to complete, and I have a much more demanding job post-pandemic than I did pre-pandemic. I'm also getting increasingly tougher on myself for what constitutes a 'good review' so I have less time for a hobby that demands more time. Still, I love it and am glad people still find it helpful so I'm cranking! 

I wish we had news on the Tread! I was hoping I could put off my Iota and reissue Eta reviews until the Tread hit shelves so I could review them all at the same time but it doesn't seem like we're close if this Ride Armor is out the end of  Q1 24!

So, what are the chances we see a colored prototype of the Tread by this August or September?

I know I said it for a RED Tread, but it looks like this over/under line was set pretty well for a Tread’s release date 😅:

On 2/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, Mog said:

So between soon and vaporware:ph34r:, what’s the over/under on a Sentinel red Tread being added to this display:

I’m thinking the over/under line is Summer 2024.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:26 AM, no3Ljm said:

been a long time since i had an order wtih amiami....whats their shipping like these days (if i don't need the quickness of EMS but dont' want the slowest option....say normal air parcel)?  Last time ordered from them was probably pre-pandemic.  their pricing seems better than hlj usually. i've been using amazon jp for lots of stuff past few years  but thought to return to try some of these other options again.

Been waiting for Amazon JP listing, as they have always offered the best price for the ride armors.

Gotta remember to always take 10% off the listed price for domestic tax, though I understand they add it back for certain areas Stateside?

But even with 10% off, this time HLJ appears to be the cheapest.

PO window appear to remain open for a long time, till August.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

been a long time since i had an order wtih amiami....whats their shipping like these days (if i don't need the quickness of EMS but dont' want the slowest option....say normal air parcel)?  Last time ordered from them was probably pre-pandemic.  their pricing seems better than hlj usually. i've been using amazon jp for lots of stuff past few years  but thought to return to try some of these other options again.

Here's the available shipping method that shows up during the checkout process to the US for items 'in stock'.

EMS (Generally 1-3 weeks delivery. Priority shipment.)
DHL (Generally 3-10 days delivery. Priority shipment.)
Air Parcel (Generally 2-4 weeks delivery.)
Surface Parcel (Generally 2-4 months delivery.)
Surface Mail (Premium) (Generally 2-3 months delivery.)

However, during the last step, the selected shipping method cost is not shown even for an 'in stock' item. It only says 'to be determined'. They will email you the price so at this point it's more of a guess.

Last order I had with them was 2021. Mafex figure with DHL shipping cost at Y2787.

Quick playtime with the Legioss Zeta..

Still amazed Sentinel has given us a nice sculpt in Fighter, even if the vertical stabilizers are kinda tiny:

LegiossZetaFighterANRM2-b2nt.JPG.b352ec10ddef79e4e2e8e59d107ab979.JPG

If compared to a Macross valk, the Legioss looks chunky, blocky even. Macross valks have tidy underbellies, yet despite the Legioss's bottom looking like a mess following closely the line art, somehow I love it as much as I like Macross valks. :wub:

LegiossZetaoverheadNRM2-b2nt.JPG.e45b35b5f494e260d546bd6cd6d87b2e.JPG

The size difference between a same-scaled Legioss & VF-1 didn't really hit me until I put them side by side. Couple of re-processed old pics:

VF-1JvLegiossETANRMnt.jpg.e5f79fcdce1bb69b73c4064908182792.jpg

LegiossvVF1BNRM2-b2nt.jpg.7add1d7f6f50669515abc5e373be7da8.jpg

Now, patiently waiting for Sentinel to show more progress on their Tread and confirmed PO date. Come on Sentinel!

Edited by MKT

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Still amazed Sentinel has given us a nice sculpt in Fighter, even if the vertical stabilizers are kinda tiny:

If compared to a Macross valk, the Legioss looks chunky, blocky even. Macross valks have tidy underbellies, yet despite the Legioss's bottom looking like a mess following closely the line art, somehow I love it as much as I like Macross valks. :wub:

LegiossZetaoverheadNRM2-b2nt.JPG.e45b35b5f494e260d546bd6cd6d87b2e.JPG

The size difference between a same-scaled Legioss & VF-1 didn't really hit me until I put them side by side. Couple of re-processed old pics:

VF-1JvLegiossETANRMnt.jpg.e5f79fcdce1bb69b73c4064908182792.jpg

LegiossvVF1BNRM2-b2nt.jpg.7add1d7f6f50669515abc5e373be7da8.jpg

Now, patiently waiting for Sentinel to show more progress on their Tread and confirmed PO date. Come on Sentinel!

I don't know how others feel, but to me there is nothing cooler then having mecha from different franchises in scale with each other and displaying/posing them together.

20200712_173410a.jpg.e1c2129c74e0edd6d322b23c23dd32e0.jpg

45 minutes ago, lechuck said:

I don't know how others feel, but to me there is nothing cooler then having mecha from different franchises in scale with each other and displaying/posing them together.

20200712_173410a.jpg.e1c2129c74e0edd6d322b23c23dd32e0.jpg

Is that the Metal Build Arbalest? I had no idea it was the same scale as the others there.

Great pic putting them all together btw. :good:

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Is that the Metal Build Arbalest? I had no idea it was the same scale as the others there.

Great pic putting them all together btw. :good:

Yea bandai made a MB Arbalest some years ago. They're actually doing a re-issue along with the flight pack (separate add-on) on P-Bandai japan now (not sure if it's still available, but you can check proxy/third party sites... ie. AE, etc.).

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

On 5/31/2023 at 10:29 PM, MKT said:

All those pics I've snapped of the Zeta, and I must have forgotten or not noticed the blue HUD display in the cockpit.

On 6/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, MKT said:

They are amazing and lovely shots btw.....only thing that bugs me to no end is the size/scale of mospeada merchandise vs its pricing....😪

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Better?

IMG_2285.jpeg.9877d3d2faf740402fed09207dc8796d.jpeg

Small change but such a massive impact! :good:

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

They are amazing and lovely shots btw.....only thing that bugs me to no end is the size/scale of mospeada merchandise vs its pricing....😪

Thanks. Now that the initial shine of Sentinel's Legioss have worn off, I have to say I have some mild loathing to handle it in Soldier mode. The frozen shoulders, inconsistent joints ranging from very tight & loose on various lower body joints, & general engineering makes this a trickier toy to balance poses with. That was with the first release Stick, and supposedly the reissue & Zeta onwards fixed those, but I have yet to try..

But price non-withstanding, I still like them overall & would have them if Sentinel decides to release the Shadow variants.    

My only experience is with the Zeta.  But it’s easily the best Legioss/Alpha toy out there.

Toynami’s diecast in all the wrong places make the Alpha difficult to pose.

CMs Legioss can’t turn its head.

Evolution Toys rendition has annoying issues.

So by default, Sentinel’s is the best.

BUT give them credit for compacting the fighter mode.  And for coming up with a design change that keeps the nose cone from hanging so low in Soldier mode.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think my main gripe with the design is also the tails, but not so much because they're too small.. I don't care if it's canon, the angled stripes bug the crap out of me. :p 

I kinda think it makes it look like they’re going in reverse or something. I try not to pay attention to it, but they do look weird 

14 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't care if it's canon, the angled stripes bug the crap out of me. :p 

It's not canon, it's a misinterpretation of this vintage promo art:

legioss-09.jpeg.7bc1a3b326db846905777232e2ea3781.jpeg

The vintage model kit that sported this packaging art got it right...

i-img1200x859-1661665915ku6wzd580807.jpg

The larger-scale "conversion" kit also got it right...

Aoshima-Bunka-Kyozai-Armor-Genesis-Mospe

Heck, even the much-maligned Evolution Toy got it right.

mospeada_legioss_zeta_et_08.jpg

Sentinel did a great job with their interpretation of the Legioss, but they definitely fumbled the ball on the stabilizer markings.

Edited by tekering

4 hours ago, tekering said:

It's not canon, it's a misinterpretation of this vintage promo art:

legioss-09.jpeg.7bc1a3b326db846905777232e2ea3781.jpeg

Even in the art, you can see they followed a straight line rather than one at an angle. The top of the stabilizer has a corner showing rather than a straight edge like the toy at the top of the line. It’s just an odd angle that the artwork uses that probably threw them off

On 6/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, sjoebarry said:

Is this the MEPTOYS one?  I got an email for my shock trooper preorder saying they weren’t making the shock trooper after all 

Yep- they couldn't get things prepped in time before their license expired. The scouts were more fiddly than Carlos liked, so he cancelled and refunded everyone's orders and sold the scouts at a steep discount. He might still have some. 

He still has some:

https://www.meptoys.com/shop?page=2

Edited by vladykins