But you also said that MOSPEADA was BACK.

It clearly isn't.

Saying it never left the "true fans" isn't the same.

Why did you lie....?

You must have missed by disclaimer above:

( *only one person's opinion and is in no way meant to suggest mospeada is popular or harm anyone in any way )

For your own sake, please read things thoroughly that have the potential to be upsetting to your fragile psyche...

Edited by DarrinG

I like big Inbits and I cannot lie
You other reclamation brothers can't deny
That when
Solzie walks in with an itty-Inbity waist
And a round thing in your face you get sprung

Wanna pull up tough
'Cause you noticed that Inbit was stuffed
Deep in the Gosu armor she's wearin’
I'm claw hooked and I can't stop starin’

Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha
And take yo’ picture
Mars Base tried to warn me
But that Inbit you got makes m-m-me so horny

Ooh,
Solzie
You say you wanna get in my Blowsperior?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie

I've seen her dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Combat

I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' Eager Inbits are the thing
Take the average
cross-dresser and ask him that
She gotta pack much back

So, fellas!
(Yeah!)
Fellas!
(Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the Inbit?
(Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it!
(Shake it!)
Shake it!
(Shake it!)

MOSPEADA got back!

I like big Inbits and I cannot lie

You other reclamation brothers can't deny

That when Solzie walks in with an itty-Inbity waist

And a round thing in your face you get sprung

Wanna pull up tough

'Cause you noticed that Inbit was stuffed

Deep in the Gosu armor she's wearin’

I'm claw hooked and I can't stop starin’

Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha

And take yo’ picture

Mars Base tried to warn me

But that Inbit you got makes m-m-me so horny

Ooh, Solzie

You say you wanna get in my Blowsperior?

Well, use me, use me

'Cause you ain't that average groupie

I've seen her dancin'

To hell with romancin'

She's sweat, wet

Got it goin' like a turbo 'Combat

I'm tired of magazines

Sayin' Eager Inbits are the thing

Take the average cross-dresser and ask him that

She gotta pack much back

So, fellas!

(Yeah!)

Fellas!

(Yeah!)

Has your girlfriend got the Inbit?

(Hell yeah!)

Tell 'em to shake it!

(Shake it!)

Shake it!

(Shake it!)

MOSPEADA got back!

That is the winning post of 2013 early!!

• 3 weeks later...

After years of owning an Alpha, I finally broke down and bought a matching Beta recently since the price was too good to refuse. My blue Alpha is - luckily - still 100% intact, but I find myself wishing terribly that someone (anyone) would re-engineer this fighter. I genuinely like the shape/lines and the transformation method. Toynami's attempt was... a passable first attempt, but could have been SO much more...

Does anyone know if Toynami actually has any design staff, or are they purely a licensing and marketing company? It seems that nearly all of their Macross and Mospeada related toys were based off of some existing design, tweaked for the N. American market, and introduced as Robotech toys. As far as I know, the only toy that seems to be a purely original design is the Beta -- ironically one of their few quality releases. Which is frustrating, since it shows that Toynami is not incapable of designing a quality toy when they want to.

The funny thing about the Toynami Alpha is that everyone seems to complain about how much it sucks, but still buy them regardless. All the online stores that originally stocked them have long since sold out, and MISB copies of the toy seem to regularly sell for above-retail prices on eBay. I know that it's pretty slim pickings when it come to Mospeada toys, but there's no incentive for companies to do better when we eat up whatever they put out. Personally, I can't see why anyone would pay above-retail prices when it's known to be such a shoddy product.

I wonder if any ingenious modders have attempted anything with the Toynami Alphas to try to make them better...

For the most part we bought them because overall the alphas are hard to come by from any company. Granted another company did make some but thene the proportions were off and didin't look right when combined with the betas. Both of my alphas have crumbled and now I just have a beta. I did wish I could get another alpha but those are such ticking time bombs I'm calling it a loss and moving on. Maybe if the rumors are true and Mospeada is back something will come out this year to satisfy us but for now it's like being back in the dark ages of macross where companies put out less than stellar product. Except for Beagle they did it right then went under :(

Well, with all the liberties taken I still prefer the CM's Legioss (bought all of them).

The banana arched front fuselage, the clown feet and the fit and finish of the toynami legioss were enough to let it pass.

Does anyone know if Toynami actually has any design staff, or are they purely a licensing and marketing company?

Toynami did have a toy sculptor on their staff, but he was let go last year. Before he was let go, he did complete a couple of new prototypes for them; so Toynami could potentially release them in the future. Toynami has also licensed some Japanese products for release here in the US, such as Megahouse's Ride Armors and Kaiyodo's Revoltech VF-1's. So I'd say that as a company, they're a hyrbrid of the two.

Yeah it is unfortunate that they did not tool the Legioss/Alpha just a bit more. Better parts and a better fit and it would be an amazing toy. Proportionally to me it is much better then the CM Legioss. Tread/Beta is kind of a tie. The Toynami one is more to scale and has a more show accurate connection mechanism, but the CM Tread is more accurate to the lineart with the extra missile bays and the poses it can generate.

Considering that Toynami is so apt to merely revise existing designs and re-release them as "Masterpiece" edition, it's such a shame they didn't use the Gakken Alpha as their base. All they had to do was adjust some of the proportions, paint it to match the TV paint scheme, and increase the articulation a bit and they would have had a hit. I think I saw a mod of a Gakken Alpha somewhere online that did just that -- that thing looked amazing.

So true, If they gave the Gakken a TV accurate paint scheme with better hips, ankles, a rotation point at the waist, and new hands it would have been really cool. No chance for a Beta though and some would have complained it was out of scale with the VF-1.

I'd rather a slight retool/redesign of the Toynami Alpha by whoever did the Beta / Tread. That said, I think the same thing about the CM and really want those shoulder missiles. So complete rehash except this time made from scratch to go together.

I'd kill for some ratchet joints on the shoulders of the Toynami Alpha.

And after being left in a wide, almost A-stance for many years, the hip joints on my Blue Alpha finally cracked and crumbled. :( It's literally being held up standing with the help of adhesive putty, rubber bands, and paperclips.

Would have been nice if the hips were designed and made with the same plastic as a Yamato YF-21/VF-22.

There's a lot of things Toynami could have done better, but if I were name just three, I'd have to say:

1) Get rid of the die-cast metal, except for small support pieces.

2) Ratcheting hips and shoulders.

3) Better hands -- either fixed-pose or articulated with higher-grade plastic.

I'm still working on number 3 there just for the record. I found a good solution to making the fingers more rounded and still printable through shapeways. I should be able to get an order in this month hopefully.

Wait a tick... Are you saying that you're capable of creating new hands for the Alpha? I might be all over this. Also, by the by, would you be able to reproduce the hands from either of the masterpiece-sized Cyclone riders? I have no idea how, but on one of my hands, the trigger/index finger became separated from the rest of the hand. Thankfully I still have others, but I really miss that trigger finger hand.

Yeah I feel bad that I haven't been able to finish it sooner. 505thairborne sent me a forearm with two broken hands I was able to piece together and get ready to 3d print via shapeways.

post-1819-0-09532900-1362717367_thumb.jpg

I can't quite get the finer details and I keep hitting walls when trying to make them smooth but it's not hard to make them more rounded with a tiny bit of sanding.

For the most part we bought them because overall the alphas are hard to come by from any company. Granted another company did make some but thene the proportions were off and didin't look right when combined with the betas. Both of my alphas have crumbled and now I just have a beta. I did wish I could get another alpha but those are such ticking time bombs I'm calling it a loss and moving on. Maybe if the rumors are true and Mospeada is back something will come out this year to satisfy us but for now it's like being back in the dark ages of macross where companies put out less than stellar product. Except for Beagle they did it right then went under :(

DarrinG made promises that he can't uphold...

I'm glad you posted. I need to exercise my new found compassion for those like you.

Gubaba- "Its going to be OK. More toys and things will be coming out."

I'm currently working on a series of disclaimers for all my posts. It should help warn and comfort the weak in case they get overly excited and spend their grocery money in anticipation of some release that may not materialize for a few months yet.

Hang in there, and feel free to PM me if you need some additional support...

I'm glad you posted. I need to exercise my new found compassion for those like you.

Gubaba- "Its going to be OK. More toys and things will be coming out."

I'm currently working on a series of disclaimers for all my posts. It should help warn and comfort the weak in case they get overly excited and spend their grocery money in anticipation of some release that may not materialize for a few months yet.

Hang in there, and feel free to PM me if you need some additional support...

Thanks! DarrinG is MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!! HE CAN MAKE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!