http://www.macrossworld.com/mospeada/tread_toy.htm an old article on the legacy page i think. it's from carl hoff's amazing collection of stuff.

Yep... that one is mine. Sure brings the memories back. My email address on that page was actually my first work email. I'm now in my forth job and I no longer use work emails for such things.

Carl

http://www.macrossworld.com/mospeada/tread_toy.htm an old article on the legacy page i think. it's from carl hoff's amazing collection of stuff.

i saw that auction yesterday and teared up. oh if i was wealthy......

Saw this as well. Didn't they used to go for around double that price a decade or so ago?

That shouldn't be too bad, then. My blue Alpha has held up pretty well over the years so the Beta's shortcomings shouldn't be a huge deal.

Though, I am tempted. There's been a lot of Aoshima Legioss/Tread combos up for sale pretty cheap. I kind of want to get one just to check it out.

Speaking of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121110719527?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_44wt_1170

That is on my watch list. I've already got the blue Alpha so I'd have an extra. Funny thing is, the 3yo would love a blue Alpha. Every time she sees the Robotech opening credits she chimes in that it's her favorite toy. She hasn't asked to play with mine yet, though. Might pick her up a morpher and leave it at that. She's been decent with the Valkyrie morphers.

That is on my watch list. I've already got the blue Alpha so I'd have an extra. Funny thing is, the 3yo would love a blue Alpha. Every time she sees the Robotech opening credits she chimes in that it's her favorite toy. She hasn't asked to play with mine yet, though. Might pick her up a morpher and leave it at that. She's been decent with the Valkyrie morphers.

I would not give that, or any other toy outside of a low end TF to a 3 yo. I thought it was cute to let my daughter play around my Brave Max once, she stuffed it with food. Aside from that she could break something off and hurt herself.

What's funny is that it's not that much worse than the Toynami version.

Uhhhh. No. The Landsay/Gakken Tread has literally no articulation or Detail. The Toynami is really well made(Their only good Variable product). The only area where the CM Tread beats the Toynami is the waist/knee joints and the hidden missiles and Cockpit in Battroid. Toynami is the proper scale to the 1/55(1/60) Alpha/Legioss also.

I would not give that, or any other toy outside of a low end TF to a 3 yo. I thought it was cute to let my daughter play around my Brave Max once, she stuffed it with food. Aside from that she could break something off and hurt herself.

"Give" being a relative thing here. The transforming/grown-up toys all reside in the office out of the reach of my little ones. It would likely stay there and they'd play with them only when supervised. They'd get full access later once older.

What are the chances of getting more Ride Armor Masterpieces from Toynami? I know Beagle went under, but it would be nice to have more entries in the series.

I don't understand why they put Rand out after Scott.. as they are essentially the same toy.

They should have released Rook or Lancer to make it feel like people were getting a new toy.

Anyway, does anybody know more about Toynami's release schedule?

What are the chances of getting more Ride Armor Masterpieces from Toynami? I know Beagle went under, but it would be nice to have more entries in the series.

I don't understand why they put Rand out after Scott.. as they are essentially the same toy.

They should have released Rook or Lancer to make it feel like people were getting a new toy.

Anyway, does anybody know more about Toynami's release schedule?

Discussed many times. I was told a Toymani rep at one of the hobby/toy shows said that if Beagle are finished with the 1/10 Ride Armors then so are they.

Beagle underwent liquidation a while ago.

Discussed many times. I was told a Toymani rep at one of the hobby/toy shows said that if Beagle are finished with the 1/10 Ride Armors then so are they.

Beagle underwent liquidation a while ago.

Makes sense given Beagle did the work and Toynami was reaping the benefit. Sad that Beagle was liquidated. Anyone know what happened to the molds?

post-1819-0-07959000-1370097692_thumb.jpg

sorry for the lack of updates. i came down with the con flu after Anime Boston. As it stands the articulated thumb seems to be too fiddly to do in shapeways at this small of a scale. The articulated knuckles work alright barring shapeways deleting the hole that's supposed to be there. I'm not sure if I can make the hand fold up enough to fit inside the forearm so i'm wondering would you guys be interested in plug in hands that work or do you want me to keep at trying to get them to fold up?

I've seen it before. I'm curious to see it as armor.

sorry for the lack of updates. i came down with the con flu after Anime Boston. As it stands the articulated thumb seems to be too fiddly to do in shapeways at this small of a scale. The articulated knuckles work alright barring shapeways deleting the hole that's supposed to be there. I'm not sure if I can make the hand fold up enough to fit inside the forearm so i'm wondering would you guys be interested in plug in hands that work or do you want me to keep at trying to get them to fold up?

Yours will be the only option in town. Perfect or not, I'll be getting a set.