Amazing custom!!

I hope you can detail more on your experience of taking the figure apart since many of us want to replace Stick's deteriorated pajamas

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm really happy to be the first one to do this custom (that I know of).

Actually, there isn't really that much to replacing the under suit.

The sleeves only go from the elbow to the shoulder and just tuck into the gap in the armor.

The lower body only goes from the knees to the solar plexus. All you need to do is pop off the crotch plates, unscrew the legs at the hip joint. Then, put the jump suit (which should have already had the lower legs and upper torso chopped off) onto the legs, screw the legs back on at the hips, then pull up the suit and tuck it under the solar plexus. Then pop on the crotch plates.

I'll try to post picks. I'll take some pics of Stick later tonight to illustrate. But it's pretty intuitive.

Edited by Alex

Thanks! :)

I'm hoping someone does a Shapeways upgrade kit as this was a fairly easy mod to do.

I'm cutting down on my painting commissions so I can get back on making parts... this is on the top of my priorities too. :D

At first I thought it'd b too expensive but I think Kurisama's way of selling it by parts is the way to go. I also want to sell certain parts in resin so that the sanding won't be such a bitch.

I'm cutting down on my painting commissions so I can get back on making parts... this is on the top of my priorities too. :D

At first I thought it'd b too expensive but I think Kurisama's way of selling it by parts is the way to go. I also want to sell certain parts in resin so that the sanding won't be such a bitch.

The cowling and seat could all be swapped out without much trouble but the gauntlets are a real pain. I had to destroy the original connection point and glue on a new one to allow them to rotate into place for Ride Armor.

So, does anyone know if there is a shapeways kit or other caster who has made the CMs upgrade for the Tread? It seems like it would be a no-brainier that there is a need for this but I haven't seen any one selling the,.

Edited by Perrych

If Shapeways is involved, could we not design a completely new part that would more replicate the Toynami/Aoshima connection?

As solid as the new CM's parts are, they are just nowhere near as elegant as the other toy's attempt.

If Shapeways is involved, could we not design a completely new part that would more replicate the Toynami/Aoshima connection?

As solid as the new CM's parts are, they are just nowhere near as elegant as the other toy's attempt.

I would assume that the Toynami version's connection points would be different from CM's.

Correct.

The CM Legioss/Tread really does not connect. There is a huge bar that attaches to the Tread and the Legioss just sorta sits on that.

The Toynami/Aoshima was actually made to "mate" up to the Tread so it is a huge difference.

Now the ADD ON parts for the CM make it sorta better but it is still a rubber band duct tape sort of solution..

I would assume that the Toynami version's connection points would be different from CM's.

Thanks! :D The project has been on ice for about 9 months now as I ran into problems with getting the sabers to work properly while trying to keep the parts as line art accurate as possible. I haven't really started the engine block or seat/exhaust parts yet, or the head and helmet. Maybe I'll get the parts done by end of year... :unsure:

---------------------------------------------

The cowling cover is usually blue as seen in the anime and art references. I think it is only blue white in the box art, which has the extra detailing MegaHouse used.

th_Cyclone-1.jpg

Edited by Tober

I would go with light blue since 95% of the art related to the VR-041 have it that way. The white only seems to be on the Model Kit.

What colour should the missile hatches on the BS cowling be? Light blue like the seat or white?

Various depictions in the artwork and show have both colour schemes.