Hmmm.

Is it the hair? The face is from a male figure but the hair is made from two female figures. I could trim the front a little. Think that might work?

This is what happens when you try to tackle a figure based on a bisho character :)

Edited by Alex

Yep, I think if you just reduced the front strands and had them stop just past the shoulders like in that line art it would help. It might also give you some mobility for moving the head in the other directions (not sure if your current hair is limiting this).

I have a question regarding the upcoming Mospeada Bluray boxset.

The regular edition is at 27% off at Amazon Japan (21,568 yen vs 29,400 yen). However, the limited edition is at full price of 37,275 yen.

Does the limited edition get discounted? Or it has and I've missed it?

From Google Translate, the difference is the book and a mousepad? :) But the book is about Tatsunopuro (the company) and not specifically on Mospeada?

37,275 yen for 4 discs is ridonkulous.

I know the market is completely different but I just bought the Doctor who series 1-7 box set for 30,000yen and that has close to nine years of Doctor Who AND comes with a metal replica of the Sonic Screwdriver that controls ALL household devices with an IR receiver.

And 37,275 for 4 discs and a booklet?

For that price it should have at LEAST come with a Megahouse or CMs figure, maybe a film strip.

Looks a lot like yours... :unsure:

I think it's kinda neat that we could come up with such simialr builds independently of each other. Though I wish I had found out about this build earlier to ask if there were any pitfalls to be wary of.

But then, my build did get the Shinji Aramaki official thumbs up of approval :)

Looking closer, it does not appear to be perfect transformation as he seems to have left out the struts connecting the gauntlets to the bike. Though that does give a more anime accurate look to the arms whereas my gauntlets are raised off the forearms to accomodate the PT.

And it also looks like the shoulders armor cannot rotate properly into position. I think he completely transplanted the entire cowling from the kit. I only used the front section of the kit's cowling and kept as much of the beagle as I could.

Excellent job Skull Hunter and a shame that you aren't posting these days. if you see this then please post whatever you have. Love to see it.

Edited by Alex

Thumbs up, Alex!! The end result is absolutely fantastic! I really love how the ride mode looks in these pictures, the proportions are spot on.

Almost forgot about Skull Leader's custom. He did great too, but I think the front/back sections on yours looks closer (longer) to what it should be, at least in my mind. About the head I think your second shorterned hair is the closest you got to Yellow's likeness.

Any chance we finally see a custom Bartley, someday?

Cheers, Frogze! :)

Actually, i'm working on Houquet's legs at the moment. I need to buy another Beagle/Toynami though.

Still debating how much of the kit can be used. Houquet's 1/15 cowling is actually just about right for the 1/10 Beagle. The leg armor ( with bigger feet) may also work. I've also seen a couple Gundams with extremely similar lower leg armor that may work.

They had hit an all time low on Amazon for about 160 with free shipping but after that they climbed up to 2-250 for Rei/Rand and 3-400+ for Stick/Scott.

How much can you find Toynami Cyclones fot these days?

I just need one more cheap bike for my Houquet custom.