I really like the Inbit and similar alien concepts. My big let down with Frontier is the enemies are just bugs (and Galaxy but they're acting in the background). I like my enemies to have personalities and stories around maybe some redeeming qualities that makes me like them (if not root for them).

Does anyone know of any previous Houquet customs out in the online ether?

Having flown blind with Yellow I wouldn't mind seeing what other people have done for this custom, if anything.

edit-

Just saw Frogze's attempt at Houquet. Nice. I've also been thinking about retroactively making her smaller, though I suspect more to avoid havijng to but another beagle :)

Thanks Alex! Actually MW member Spedfish did a custom Bartley from the 1/12 variable VR-52 model kit I think and he scratchbuilt the specific parts.

I got the idea from that and seeing the Saint Seiya MC line finally offered a nice looking articulated female figure. The Imai variable model on the other hand really put me off since it feels so fragile in hand and needs what seems like an insane number of mods to transform and fit the new body correctly so it's been catching dust for a few months now :)

The hip armour now connects to the knees as it ought to.

Also, new tread..uh, I mean threads for Stick.

NICE!!!

Did you sew the replacement suit or is it something we could get from an japanese e-store?

Edited by Frogze

Pity. I was hoping you'd finished that custom as it looked promising even with just tape.

Though I did find the plastic quality on the imai kits pretty nice in the reissue sets. The parts I used for my Yellow feel very similar to the Beagle's plastic. Though the original mit I have feels flimsier.

Sorry, I sewed the new suit myself. Havn't found ANYTHING even remotely similar to the one Stick wears.

Sigh. Gonna have to buy another Toynami to customize.

Edited by Alex

I'm tempted to buy one of those giant Pokemon Genesect toys to customize into a variable concept Invid fighter.

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.jp/2013/06/pokemon-figure-plush-in-july-tomy.html?m=1

Not original GCM mecha but you have the Invid Overlord variable mecha and not quite but that Genesect has potential to it, imho.

edit: good luck with that custom Alex :)

Edited by Lobizon

Lol, was thinking about height just a few hours ago... Houquet is about a head height smaller than Yellow or Stig. With Rey about halfway between them. For the Beagle Ride Armor I'd make her the same height to avoid headaches and having it out of proportion. If it's just her in her biker outfit then I'd go for actual height. I think she was supposed to be quite young too, about 14 or so...

Good idea. It'll save some headaches I suppose. Cheers.

Btw, here's a quick teaser of the reworking of the original legs. I need to sand down the toe are to make it pointier, round off those edges on the side calf plating. The extending ankle feature remains intact. The yellow lights will be translucent.

post-3271-0-38393200-1379673426_thumb.jpg

I may be about to regret not getting the Blu-Ray set now. (Moseys on over to Amazon.jp)

Anyway, once Houquet is finished I think i'm going to take one of the reissued imai kits and make a close approximation of what would have been the original Toynami MPC Cyclone. I don't know why but I really wanted that thing.