AWESOME. Please tell me you know someone with a light box/camera setup to do it justice.

Thanks, dude.

Sorry. Only decent opportunity for decent photos is an outside shoot which I may try tomorrow morning

Now that is beyond amazing! I'm drooling just looking at your work. :)

Cheers! :)

Nice work Alex!

Very nice!

Cheers! Glad people like it.

Though, Tober looks to be the one to really knock it out of the park. I did my best grafting 1980's Imai parts to a 2000's transforming toy. It's not perfect but i'm pretty happy with the results.

At least I can be the first to brag of having a BlowSuperior Beagle....I think:)

I think it looks pretty spot on for what you did. To get it just like in the show would require a total new design.

By the way, I've tried to do as much to the existing helmet as I could to make it look more like Yellow's. New chin guard, new visor colour.

Is it working or should I scratch build a new one?

That looks really good from here. :) What fabric did you use?

The only thing that strikes me as out is the color and shape of Yellow's visor, it should be longer, coming down to the base of the helmet.I think you mentioned a scratch build, the Beagle helmet is factory sealed/glued. :(

Well, I like the colour of the visor. It's a lighter green in real life.

Yeah, the visor should extend further and under the jaw pieces. I also need to square off the side parts.

Not much you can really do with the Beagle helmet. It's really glued together.

I just wasn't able to do the missile hatches properly but I think this kinda works. I know it's cheating. Knocked up some quick plug in missiles to see if it works. Not toooo bad, I guess.

Sound Force? Oi vey. I don't think I have the motivation to buy and kitbash a 20000 11c :)

post-3271-0-97792100-1377881797_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-35957700-1377881849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

Alright that is awesome. That being said... the missile thing is a NO NO. Just don't do that. Rather not see em than see them try to come out of the wrong area. Also the helmet still has a 21 on it. In the show it was just blank but on the model kits it had 10 for the Tenth Mars Base Division.

Sound Force? Oi vey. I don't think I have the motivation to buy and kitbash a 20000 11c :)

I meant finish the little ones you started years ago. Although since I see you kitbashing 20000y Mospeadas, clearly there IS precedent...!

So where did you end up buying the cloth?

Full disclosure -- Alex and I went to Akihabara the other day and maximized our gaijin embarassment levels to 1 million by asking the attendants in high-end doll shops for tiny tight-fitting costumes.

I meant finish the little ones you started years ago. Although since I see you kitbashing 20000y Mospeadas, clearly there IS precedent...!

So where did you end up buying the cloth?

Full disclosure -- Alex and I went to Akihabara the other day and maximized our gaijin embarassment levels to 1 million by asking the attendants in high-end doll shops for tiny tight-fitting costumes.

I still think you'd have looked good in that cat suit.

I think it's more that one high-end custom is ENOUGH. Oh, yeah. The GNU Maxl I started. I totally forgot about that. Hmmm. I'd rather just do a large scale one than a teeny version.

For the cloth I actually ended up using a glasses polishing handkerchief I got from the 100 yen store. Though it does not photograph well. It looks much darker IRL lol.

To be honest... some of the best things you can use for modeling and kit bashing are found in women's make-up aisles. Nail files used for sanding blocks, eye shadow applicators for weathering, nail polish removers which is just acetone for removing paint, volumizing mousse... well you know, just so you can look fabulous while building your kits. :lol:

To be honest... some of the best things you can use for modeling and kit bashing are found in women's make-up aisles. Nail files used for sanding blocks, eye shadow applicators for weathering, nail polish removers which is just acetone for removing paint, volumizing mousse... well you know, just so you can look fabulous while building your kits. :lol:

Yes, modelling careers are tough. :p