• 2 weeks later...

Some very interesting news.

http://www.contentmediacorp.com/index.php/film_tv/television/new_shows/1499.html

:: Robotech: Love Live Alive

The Robotech saga continues in this exciting adventure and retrospective, blending new action-packed animation with the nostalgia of the original series that sparked the global anime phenomenon.

Lieutenant “Lancer” Belmont, a veteran of Robotech’s New Generation, recounts his journey from before his first encounter with Scott Bernard to the expedition to liberate the Earth from the mysterious Invid race.

The perfect companion to the hit animated film Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, this 75-minute film is accompanied by pre-production art and trailers, plus the original 50-minute Japanese version.

I hope that is true.

Not thrilled with the caption RT Love, Live, Alive (Prefer Mospeada there) on the other hand would be nice to watch this for once with some decent picture quality. I've only seen it on Youtube and the uploads are usually pretty bad.

Can't really say anything. I guess I can say this. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

I didn't really mean for it to be a tease, but I think hardcore Mospeada fans with real buying power will be blindsided by it if they're not ready.

RT: Love, Live, Alive? The animation is all done, and so is most of the voice acting. I wouldn't be surprised to see it by the end of 2013.

I would hope that it is out earlier like Spring or at the latest Summer.

RT: Love, Live, Alive? The animation is all done, and so is most of the voice acting. I wouldn't be surprised to see it by the end of 2013.

No no - was talking to EXO about the super secret, super pricey Mospeada thing to maybe come out next year.

I know he would only be guessing, but wanted to know if it could still be vaporware. I'm betting it will be in the $500 range, whatever it is...

No no - was talking to EXO about the super secret, super pricey Mospeada thing to maybe come out next year.

I know he would only be guessing, but wanted to know if it could still be vaporware. I'm betting it will be in the $500 range, whatever it is...

Okay. Thinking about it I've come up with several hypotheses. A Yamato Legioss, a revoltech ride armor, or a tread(beta) model kit. Baring those its probly something fanmade like a Izumo(sdf-4) starship kit to match the Ikazuchi. Has a remastered Blu-ray box set of Mospeada been released yet?

Edited by renegadeleader1

Hey EXO, any more hints on whatever it is we're supposed to be saving out money for?

If I had to guess, the following quotes could be helpful:

I like to keep all my fingers where they belong.

You can get your fingers/hands cut/chopped off. With a knife, an axe, a sword, or a sabre.

I mean the finger thing should be a clue about the country of origin, as in bad taste as that is, it's already way more than I can say without getting in trouble. Alls I'm saying is save up or get rich for next year.

"Finger thing","country of origin","bad taste". In some countries (when they take Islam to an extreme) when you steal something you get your hands cut/amputated. The punishment is preformed with a sword/sabre.

Then Tober wrote:

You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the beagles.

And EXO replied:

we'll make the screaming stop!

So, we all wanted and still want a Yellow 1/10 VR-041 Beagle right?

The VR-041 has two retractable sabres, Tober wakes up in the dark and hears the screaming of the Beagles, and EXO will make the screaming stop...

So I believe the guys from T-Rex or EXO or someone else will offer a mod to convert Stick/Rey into Yellow's VR-041. I hope this won't be a Wonderfest exclusive.

That's my 0,02 cents.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Can't really say anything. I guess I can say this. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

I didn't really mean for it to be a tease, but I think hardcore Mospeada fans with real buying power will be blindsided by it if they're not ready.

Real buying power. Hmm. It's not the Beagle version of Rook's Ride Armor/Cyclone. And I have no clue what else it could be that would need real "buying power." Most of these toys/models are in the $200 range. That you can save up for. Unless somehow a company is making a real version of a cyclone bike. But that would be crazy.

I hope this won't be a Wonderfest exclusive.

It will be. Unfortunately it still has to go thru licensing also.

On a separate note, about the Ride Armor kit. If someone doesn't release it next year, someone here has to work on it right? Right? I have all the Beagles I need, I just have to think whether I want a shinobu or not. A black Bartley Ride Armor always did look cool and a camera accessoy would be awesome.

BTW, I guess I was wrong about the Bartley not having a targeting system huh Tober?

I hope the unknown company wasn't scared off by the ride armor saturation back in 2009, and percieve the Beagle too risky.

BUT the wonderfest exclusive has got me hoping that it is a Beagle. (but I'm probably dead wrong)

If it is a Beagle I hope it sells out instantly and encourages a company to give it another shot.

If it's anything else other than a Beagle (or an improved version from the mold) I won't care if I miss out.

Damn!!!!

Do you guys think that if it was a ride armor and it sold out, that it might encourage a company to produce a run(even if it was a small pre-order run) OR would ultimately no-one care how a wonderfest exclusive sells?

BTW I love the VR-052F up for auction looks nice & chunky .

There are two ways that could shake out. One, a ridiculously limited (20 pieces) modification kit licensed at the event and made by someone like TRex. Two, a larger manufacturer makes toys with a normally acquired license and just sells them at the event. If it's the first option then even at an astronomical price nobody would gain any info from the item selling out. If the other option happens then a company would already have to be convinced it will sell well enough to acquire the license in the first place in which case there's no need for information gathering at all.

Damn!!!! Do you guys think that if it was a ride armor and it sold out, that it might encourage a company to produce a run(even if it was a small pre-order run) OR would ultimately no-one care how a wonderfest exclusive sells? BTW I love the VR-052F up for auction looks nice & chunky .

I highly doubt it. For some reason a few years ago we had our Mospeada/RT New Gen Renaissance and now it is over. Back to the dark ages.

I keep hoping CMs will revisit their design with improvement to their Legioss (locking arms with slots for the fins) and Tread molds with a better connecting arm that locks to the Legioss as well as it does to the Tread (I think it just needs modification to the front with an upgrade part cradle analogy).