37 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

This looks really good and I'm glad to see Millie Bobby Brown getting more roles beyond Stranger Things. 

P.S.

Tywin: "Long live the king". 

Tyrion: "I shall". 

Yeah, I loved seeing Tywin there at the end.

• Old_Nash changed the title to Godzilla: King of the Monsters

So, in that last shot, was the various airplanes flying in formation with Godzilla?  Not that Godzilla could fly or anything, but if Godzilla was a Macross, and those planes are flying around.  You know what I mean.  Were they like on the same side going into a fight with the real King, Gidorah... and hence the images of those planes getting trashed by the King... :shok:

I prefer this version. DO IT YOU BASTARD!!!

the unironic love for even the dumbest parts of Zilla lore is infectious

But on another note, whoever composed the music for this trailer is fantastic. I know it's just Claire de Lune or however it goes, but the choice to use it was genius. It's what elevates this one far far above the Shazam/Aquaman trailers that also came out this weekend.

8 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Was the music in the trailer a throwback to the ones in Japanese movies? It sounded kind of familiar although I can't pinpoint the movies it was from.

It's used in a lot of other stuff. The name of it is, yep, guess I was right, "Clair de Lune" and it was composed by one Charles Debussy as the third movement of his Suite bergamasque piano suite.

I remember it from the The Evil Within games, but I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere as well.

EDIT:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/07/22/whats-up-with-the-new-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-trailer-using-debussys-clair-de-lune/#1bcea0054ebc

Edited by kajnrig

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

But on another note, whoever composed the music for this trailer is fantastic. I know it's just Claire de Lune or however it goes, but the choice to use it was genius. It's what elevates this one far far above the Shazam/Aquaman trailers that also came out this weekend.

It's used in a lot of other stuff. The name of it is, yep, guess I was right, "Clair de Lune" and it was composed by one Charles Debussy as the third movement of his Suite bergamasque piano suite.

I remember it from the The Evil Within games, but I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere as well.

EDIT:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/07/22/whats-up-with-the-new-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-trailer-using-debussys-clair-de-lune/#1bcea0054ebc

It was also used in the movie “The Right Stuff” it is was what the fan dancer danced to at the end of the movie. 

Chris

On 7/22/2018 at 6:02 AM, Dobber said:

Wow!

Also, Millie Bobby Brown would be PERFECT as a young Princess Leia. She looks a bit like her and she has the acting chops too.

Chris

Now that you mention it, she sure does.  

On 7/23/2018 at 8:18 AM, TangledThorns said:

Just occurred to me that Charles Dance is probably playing the character of James Conrad, tying in the Kong film. So a battle of the king monsters perhaps? King Kong, King Ghidorah and Godzilla. 

There's an upcoming VS movie in 2020.

23 hours ago, kajnrig said:

EDIT:

Awesome. Thanks for the share!

On 7/23/2018 at 3:41 AM, Dynaman said:

Ever since the MST3K riffing on Gamera I have been a fan.  Even of the non-riffed version.  I loved the Mothra and Rodan movies as a kid though, so hard to choose...

Gamera was my favorite as a kid. I've never seen the MST3K version, but I was obsessed with the 1995 movie after I first saw it. For me Mothra, Gamera and Godzilla are my 3 favorite monsters.

15 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Looks like there are two Rodans from the trailer.  And the king still seems to have no arms... sad....

As for Godzilla, shouldn't he be collapsing into a heap from his own weight?  The fatty.

He is big boned. Dont you know its 2018. Fat Shaming includes Kaiju.