Jump to content

Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection


Sandman
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/25/2020 at 4:12 AM, Sildani said:

Oh yeah, simple. I must say, although I’m not too impressed with the design, I am impressed with Eaglemoss’ handling of it. Paint is crisp, tampo is aligned and done well, the Bussard collectors are transparent red and the warp grilles are clear blue along with the (huge) main deflector. 

It does look really cool. The only thing they need to improve IMO is those trench-wide panel lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, Mommar said:

Paint looks pretty impressive.  Side View is fugly though.

Chimera Class is one of the "Design the Enterprise F!" contest winners that got repurposed for a smaller, more combat-centric ship class. It's kind of notorious in the game for its big, goofy beerbelly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to the Chimera’s lore, Nog assisted greatly in her design and at her completion was selected to be captain. No word on ship motto, so when I do up her custom base it’ll be:

”To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, isn't that basically a rule of acquisition already?

 

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Sounds a lot to me like 

"The riskier the road, the greater the profit".

 

Nog is a man of two worlds, and I think he can straddle the line between Starfleet-acceptable and Ferengi-approved.

 

 

 

Also, how the heck is a Trek licenseholder even ALLOWED to "crowdsource" the design of an Enterprise? I would think CBS or Paramount or Star Trek Licensing LLC or whoever the hell owns the brand these days would be ADAMANT about controlling with the Enterprise looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JB0 said:

I mean, isn't that basically a rule of acquisition already?

 

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Sounds a lot to me like 

"The riskier the road, the greater the profit".

 

Nog is a man of two worlds, and I think he can straddle the line between Starfleet-acceptable and Ferengi-approved.

 

 

 

Also, how the heck is a Trek licenseholder even ALLOWED to "crowdsource" the design of an Enterprise? I would think CBS or Paramount or Star Trek Licensing LLC or whoever the hell owns the brand these days would be ADAMANT about controlling with the Enterprise looks like.

The contest was under the supervision of Paramount.  They've also made it clear it's not-canon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My USS Gagarin arrived, in one piece but I think with crooked nacelles. The design is pretty dang good and the paint is outstanding. 
 

 

14366B1F-E6B7-4BFD-AC15-27B46B47D51B.jpeg

612E1400-BB58-4710-B683-1606FAE7AF32.jpeg

3B6AB502-9D47-4A90-AA32-F91B6F8B047A.jpeg

5B03501C-B13A-459C-B7CE-929DD6C51253.jpeg

4A423458-3CA4-444A-8CB1-C99512330AE8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only STO Eaglemoss I have is the Ent-F and I feel like the combination of white and black paint makes all of the models look really sloppy.  I'm looking at the Gagarin there and I feel the same way, that black paint just looks bad.  There's just something about it that doesn't work for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, Mommar said:

The only STO Eaglemoss I have is the Ent-F and I feel like the combination of white and black paint makes all of the models look really sloppy.  I'm looking at the Gagarin there and I feel the same way, that black paint just looks bad.  There's just something about it that doesn't work for me.

I agree. I actually don't like them using any bold or bright colours on fed ships like the red on shenzhou. It doesn't jive with me on a federation design. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The BSG Viper III arrived today..

alJo8E8.jpg

 

This being my first BSG & Eaglemoss product, I'm quite blown away when I opened the box. It is much bigger than I expected, yet there is sufficient detailing for its size. Its unexpectedly weighty too when taking it out of its styrofoam tray. The small icing on top is its simple but quite functional display base. The base is nice & weighted, instead of just empty shell plastic, and although the cradle just sorts of holds but does not actually attach to the Viper III, it makes it very easy to just pick it up and swoosh it around haha..

Growing up, I didn't actually pay much attention to BSG, so I don't know who were the characters or what the storyline was when it happens to be on TV. But the scenes with the Viper catches my eye every time, and now I'm glad to have a physical representation of Viper on my desk. Granted, its not the original Viper, but this Viper III is close enough and I feel looks even better with its updated design.

My only gripe would be there's no opening cockpit gimmick, but also might as well not since the cockpit is just an empty space inside..

 

Edited by MKT
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MKT said:

The BSG Viper III arrived today..

alJo8E8.jpg

 

This being my first BSG & Eaglemoss product, I'm quite blown away when I opened the box. It is much bigger than I expected, yet there is sufficient detailing for its size. Its unexpectedly weighty too when taking it out of its styrofoam tray. The small icing on top is its simple but quite functional display base. The base is nice & weighted, instead of just empty shell plastic, and although the cradle just sorts of holds but does not actually attach to the Viper III, it makes it very easy to just pick it up and swoosh it around haha..

Growing up, I didn't actually pay much attention to BSG, so I don't know who were the characters or what the storyline was when it happens to be on TV. But the scenes with the Viper catches my eye every time, and now I'm glad to have a physical representation of Viper on my desk. Granted, its not the original Viper, but this Viper III is close enough and I feel looks even better with its updated design.

My only gripe would be there's no opening cockpit gimmick, but also might as well not since the cockpit is just an empty space inside..

 

Nice score!

I got the Viper Mk II awhile back and loved it. The only thing that I wish it had was an opening canopy and some cockpit detail, but for $55 I can't really complain for such a lovely and detailed bird.

Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten an Eaglemoss ship in some time... time to start browsing. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really hesitant to start a new collecting line.. this is suppose to be a once-off, but some of the other ships are so tempting! Do Eaglemoss do re-issues on any kind of frequency? I do not want to regret not picking these up now and only see them at eye-popping prices years down the road. Some of random older stuff from other franchises I've seen recently but now out of print are just going for stupid prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MKT said:

I'm really hesitant to start a new collecting line.. this is suppose to be a once-off, but some of the other ships are so tempting! Do Eaglemoss do re-issues on any kind of frequency? I do not want to regret not picking these up now and only see them at eye-popping prices years down the road. Some of random older stuff from other franchises I've seen recently but now out of print are just going for stupid prices.

They periodically reissue their stuff, some more frequently than others. I haven't really noticed a trend of any Eaglemoss ships skyrocketing in price.

I've been wanting a Negh'var cruiser for quite some time but it's always out of stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just got my XL Orville. It’s a nice looking Model with a good amount of die cast (main hull and upper loop) looking forward to other Union ships...particularly the Battlecruiser. Hope they make them. 
 

C5641FF5-7F05-4CBE-A511-8642C7547F63.jpeg.f3a466fff1658a7795ab7a46c31e48ed.jpeg
E4D6A2AE-161D-4923-8B94-569413C59675.jpeg.bd246027e8c2578860739e982de54f44.jpeg

D31A4E75-5894-4A25-96A9-31B49FF05369.jpeg.d47a6198ce7508cc0314f915aa20546a.jpeg

06F99B36-2B13-478D-A68B-09EB68F072BE.jpeg.5cc6ed5cfeb9372f0cf63d3900404092.jpeg

384460BC-0D41-41B6-9626-D62B869C808E.jpeg.5c75fd343816388b1293be419e5f144a.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took advantage of their 9.95 special on the Discovery Enterprise last month. Was actually really surprised how quickly it shipped.....but man service went downhill real quick. Their shipment center royally dinked up my address and it went from their warehouse to Indiana and once it hit Texas it went back and forth to 15 places, every day it was somewhere else and even went back to Indiana before going back to Texas where it sat for almost a week in Dallas before arriving to Austin and then sat another 3 days there, went to another town and then to my town. 
Had a long talk with their customer service rep about the issues last week and they pretty much just said "Oh well." After that I canceled all my future subscriptions with them and terminated my account. 
The enterprise did eventually show up today and I didn't see anything wrong with it and think it's a pretty neat sculpt. But I don't see these things being worth 50 bucks. I'd pay half that price maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hikuro said:

I took advantage of their 9.95 special on the Discovery Enterprise last month. Was actually really surprised how quickly it shipped.....but man service went downhill real quick. Their shipment center royally dinked up my address and it went from their warehouse to Indiana and once it hit Texas it went back and forth to 15 places, every day it was somewhere else and even went back to Indiana before going back to Texas where it sat for almost a week in Dallas before arriving to Austin and then sat another 3 days there, went to another town and then to my town. 
Had a long talk with their customer service rep about the issues last week and they pretty much just said "Oh well." After that I canceled all my future subscriptions with them and terminated my account. 
The enterprise did eventually show up today and I didn't see anything wrong with it and think it's a pretty neat sculpt. But I don't see these things being worth 50 bucks. I'd pay half that price maybe. 

How do you know it was an address problem and not a USPS problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, Mommar said:

How do you know it was an address problem and not a USPS problem?

because the shipping notification I got listed the wrong city in my address. I've never had anything from USPS take that long under the correct address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2020 at 1:44 AM, MKT said:

The BSG Viper III arrived today..

alJo8E8.jpg

 

This being my first BSG & Eaglemoss product, I'm quite blown away when I opened the box. It is much bigger than I expected, yet there is sufficient detailing for its size. Its unexpectedly weighty too when taking it out of its styrofoam tray. The small icing on top is its simple but quite functional display base. The base is nice & weighted, instead of just empty shell plastic, and although the cradle just sorts of holds but does not actually attach to the Viper III, it makes it very easy to just pick it up and swoosh it around haha..

Growing up, I didn't actually pay much attention to BSG, so I don't know who were the characters or what the storyline was when it happens to be on TV. But the scenes with the Viper catches my eye every time, and now I'm glad to have a physical representation of Viper on my desk. Granted, its not the original Viper, but this Viper III is close enough and I feel looks even better with its updated design.

My only gripe would be there's no opening cockpit gimmick, but also might as well not since the cockpit is just an empty space inside..

 

Very nice, I have one too and was worth the money for the purchase. An opening cockpit & pilot feature is the only thing it's missing, I can live without the landing gear. The Viper MK-III is a bit larger than the MK-II, another reason it feels so big. 

I wouldn't mind getting another one plus the Black Bird. 

This is mine: IMG_1947.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Sildani, are you going to get any more of the STO models?  I just noticed Eaglemoss has an official STO line with seven in total so far.
They've added the Andromeda, Bortasqu', Buran, Pathfinder and Vastam.

stt_online_andromeda_1.jpg

sts_online_klingonbortasqu_1.jpg

stonline_buran_1.jpg

pathfinder_1.jpg

stonline_romulanwarbird_4.jpg

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Klingon one seems a little bit thick, but I guess it is a Command Vessel.  I think the Romulan ship really adheres to their design style though.

I don't like the Pathfinder at all.  It's like a blocky Intrepid with turned down nacelles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The Klingon one seems a little bit thick, but I guess it is a Command Vessel.  I think the Romulan ship really adheres to their design style though.

It is, heck the tiny necelles on the bridge is actually a tiny frigate that fights as a pet in the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Focslain said:

It is, heck the tiny necelles on the bridge is actually a tiny frigate that fights as a pet in the game. 

Oh, you mean on the bit on the back?  I didn't even notice the little nacelles there.

Isn't the bridge located at the fore of the Neck like every other Klingon thing ever?

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Oh, you mean on the bit on the back?  I didn't even notice the little nacelles there.

Isn't the bridge located at the fore of the Neck like every other Klingon thing ever?

Your right, sorry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because it's Friday and I'm the only one still at work at my job, I decided to figure out which of my Eaglemoss Star Trek ships were close in scale to my newly completed Bandai 1/5000 Star Destroyer.  I always wondered this a kid..just how big WAS a Star Destroyer next to and Enterprise???  Well, Memory Alpha as it happens has all the actual scales listed for all the Eaglemoss releases and it turns out the Enterprise E is very close at 1/4680!  The Galaxy and Nebula are not far off, still in the realm of 1/5000 at about 1/4610 for the D.  So here's a pic of (roughly) what that would look like in universe!   

20200821_135515.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Hikuro said:

I took advantage of their 9.95 special on the Discovery Enterprise last month. Was actually really surprised how quickly it shipped.....but man service went downhill real quick. Their shipment center royally dinked up my address and it went from their warehouse to Indiana and once it hit Texas it went back and forth to 15 places, every day it was somewhere else and even went back to Indiana before going back to Texas where it sat for almost a week in Dallas before arriving to Austin and then sat another 3 days there, went to another town and then to my town. 
Had a long talk with their customer service rep about the issues last week and they pretty much just said "Oh well." After that I canceled all my future subscriptions with them and terminated my account. 
The enterprise did eventually show up today and I didn't see anything wrong with it and think it's a pretty neat sculpt. But I don't see these things being worth 50 bucks. I'd pay half that price maybe. 

I'm going to have to assume that you have never ever made a simple mistake. I'm impressed.:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...