Testing wife's panorama iphone shot. Lighting sucked but it was just a test. Couldn't fit the limited editions on there. Had to put the GBP VF1J w/ missile effect in the back, unpainted VF1S, Vf1AMax with Zentraedi suit. I'll try taking one again later.

Lineup1_zpsf882c4ee.jpg

Vey nice! You trying to copy Yamato's display??? LOL

@caslon its there. The line up is the new pic and the vfx test valk has the fast packs with clear parts. I actually have another one somewhere around that I haven't decided where to put it on.

@Wasabi the grey valk is the test valk that was released. Got a few extras of that and the v2 angelbirds

Edited by Kicker773

Testing wife's panorama iphone shot. Lighting sucked but it was just a test. Couldn't fit the limited editions on there. Had to put the GBP VF1J w/ missile effect in the back, unpainted VF1S, Vf1AMax with Zentraedi suit. I'll try taking one again later.

Lineup1_zpsf882c4ee.jpg

Ok now I do:)

Managed to free up not one but two shelves. Hehehe Tetris skills on display last night. Going to try to pick up some wall mounted shelves to put the classics on.

I will really have to purify the room to keep it macross related. Going to sell some anime figs soon.

Btw Shaorin I like the Minmei fig! I have to get one someday!

best of luck!! they're not easy to find these days, nor cheap, just so you know. look for "CM's GUTTO KURU Lynn Minmay"

best of luck!! they're not easy to find these days, nor cheap, just so you know. look for "CM's GUTTO KURU Lynn Minmay"

holy crap. i bought one of those a few years back. I think it was mabye $50-80 at the time? I don't remember. Ebay only has one seller right now selling it for.....*gulp* $344?!?!?!?

holy crap. i bought one of those a few years back. I think it was mabye $50-80 at the time? I don't remember. Ebay only has one seller right now selling it for.....*gulp* $344?!?!?!?

i know... i paid $80 for mine, a flat out bargain compared to what seems available today...

thanks bluemax. For some reason I don't recognize SV-51 from that angle. It looks like it's a weathered version?

I have yet to obtain any valks from Macross Zero. Some day......

That might be the splinter camo custom SV-51 Dobber ended up selling a while back. I wanted it really bad, but it was not on the top of my list as I had a million pre orders to pay for lol.

Need opinions from you guys. Do you guys think it will look awkward to display toys in a curio like this? I was thinking buying display case like the ones Kicker773 got, which is all glass. but my wife insisit on buying something nice.

I think it would look nice especially if it fits with the rest of your furniture. I don't like the IKEA stuff (looks cheap) or display cases that look like they belong to a store. If I display them at home they should look comfy and reflects my and my family. Can you lock it? I think i spotted a keyhole on the right side.

But I think you have to display larger toys in it so the cabinet does not take away the focus from the toys you display. It will go well with 1/48 1/60 Macross toys, the SoC line, the huge Gundam figures or Transformers Masterpiece stuff . Especially brightly colored toys will go well I think because they have a nice contrast to the dark wood. Luckily most of the anime toys are really bright color-wise :p

You know the longer I look at that cabinet I want it for myself. It has a good amount of wood but also it provides a clear look at the stuff you put on display. It has built in lights and the door mechanism looks very solid and has a tight shut so I think you don't have to take care of the dust.

Where did you find it? Is there a on-line retailer that sells them?

Of course it's all personal preference in the end.

Hope that helps.

Never mind I found the shop.

Edited by Scyla

I don't like that sliding door thing. That's an accident waiting to happen. I have seen that display at Macy's. Looks nice for a living room especially if you have matching furnitures. Then again having toys there might look awkward. I can't tell you that since I don't, correction not allowed to have any toys other than the tumbler and bat pod in the living room =(

I have a square version of this exact cabinet. I almost bought the one you are looking at. The thing that stopped me was the depth. (Alpha/Beta combo and SDF-1 are really big!) It looks amazing. However.....IF the door slid ALLL the way open to one side or the other it would be great. IT DOESN'T. It only goes not even half way each direction. Which makes arranging your toys a BITCH! Not to mention getting the SDF-1 IN THE DAMN THING in the first place...you must have VERY steady hands and lots of patience!!! -_- .But the wood and glass ads a very classy look to any collection. The biggest selling point of these is they are 99% air tight! Which means..NO DUSTING! :lol:

post-11393-0-03076900-1357857084_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-54680600-1357857096_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592