Jump to content

What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)


ArchieNov

Recommended Posts

I think we might have guessed what the answer will be @seti88 - New Supers for the 31ax.

From what I can remember, the front armour (along the canards) is different for the 31a as the regular versions will not fit due to the design while the remaining parts is cross compatable.

If I get a copy if Mirage's 31ax, most likely that I keep it as it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see that their banner includes Macross II - so the VF-2SS as a DX Chogokin would be nice!

And their banner includes Macross Flashback - so the VF-4 as a DX Chogokin would be amazing. 

But I want the YF-21 more than anything else at the moment to go with the YF-19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I see that their banner includes Macross II - so the VF-2SS as a DX Chogokin would be nice!

And their banner includes Macross Flashback - so the VF-4 as a DX Chogokin would be amazing. 

But I want the YF-21 more than anything else at the moment to go with the YF-19.

The YF-21 is top of my list as well, just so long as they can fix the wonky proportions their display prototype had.

I'm honestly not sure if I ever want anyone to attempt a VF-2SS though.  Bandai did decently well with their HMR version, but that is by far the most fiddly and un-fun fighter mode of any valk, hands down.  It may as well be an action figure with an incidental "folds up to look like it's flying" mode.. kind of like a lot of Gundams actually. :p   I would love to see someone engineer one that's somehow solid in any mode, but I'm not even sure the design itself is capable of such a feat, because there just isn't any structure to it.

  

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If they decide to release more toys from Macross Plus after the DX YF-21 then I’d want a DX VF-11B, DX VF-17D, and DX X-9 Ghost.  Of course I’d also want HMR Macross Plus toys as well.

You know, it didn't exactly occur to me.. but I think I would be perfectly accepting of some more Macross 30 schemes on existing toys.  The game didn't go so far as to give us any actual VF-17s, but it did give us Gamlin and Milia schemes on some VF-171s.  I'd buy those easily if they were released, not mention the single most wanted VF-17 variant I have, and never expect anyone to produce:

188756079_ss(2021-10-12at11_08.44).jpg.be22dedad0ee39ea5aeafe40e2c0cc69.jpg

 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I would like Brandi to release Robot Spirits for Macross (non-transformable is ok), which it's similar to current Gundam series. Indeed, they are not as good as metal but the price is highly affordable and joints are very flexible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HKBEN said:

I would like Brandi to release Robot Spirits for Macross (non-transformable is ok), which it's similar to current Gundam series. Indeed, they are not as good as metal but the price is highly affordable and joints are very flexible.

 

They tested those waters with Macross Frontier but it didn't go far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 7:10 AM, wm cheng said:

I see that their banner includes Macross II - so the VF-2SS as a DX Chogokin would be nice!

And their banner includes Macross Flashback - so the VF-4 as a DX Chogokin would be amazing. 

But I want the YF-21 more than anything else at the moment to go with the YF-19.

A VF-11B would be sweet with YF-21 and would finish the icing on the cake

Yeah i would love a VF-2SS not forgetting a metal siren and VF-2JA icarus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HKBEN said:

I would like Brandi to release Robot Spirits for Macross (non-transformable is ok), which it's similar to current Gundam series. Indeed, they are not as good as metal but the price is highly affordable and joints are very flexible.

 

I still have and love my Robot Spirits Queadluun-Rhea.😍

I'd love a Robot Spirits Nousjadeul-Ger or Queadluun-Rau as well.😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

20 days to hold?? 

Did wonder why its held so late this year....and for a virtual event furthermore shld have no venue/set-up constraints...

Yeah, it's 2 weeks delayed compared to last year's first week of November.

700.jpg.ab66ba6c5cdcff6ca3425b1eac91919b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not getting my hopes up this time honestly as things get teased and its labeled as freakin' vaporware (like it happens every time and Bandai is saying "It's not going to happen within your lifespan as a collector"). =@

When there is physical proof that it's going to be made and released to the general public to get, then I will consider it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

What else have I missed in macross? Hahaha...🤣

Are you serious?

All the actually exciting stuff from the Zentraedi warmachine. Queadluun-Rau's, Nousjadeul-ger's, Regult Scouts, Light and Heavy Armoured Soldiers for army building, Gnerl fighters, Glaug Eldare, Quel Quallie, all their awesome battlecuisers and mobile fortresses etc, etc. And thats not even counting Marduk, Vajra and Destroids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been buying macross toys since the first yamato macross plus 1/72 and VF-1 1/60. Actually, even before that, when i was a child in the 80s, i remember buying several takatoku/bandai toys. I arrived at a point where it's really hard for me to get excited for any new macross toy release. I really wish Bandai or some other companies would focus more on zentran/meltran models or, why not, customized valkyrie(i'd love a Minmai guard for example). That would give me the chance to me to recreate some diorama from the most iconic scenes from ova, movies, tv shows etc.,which it's what i have been focusing with my other toys addictions lately. I know may other feel the same way but, at this point, i am honestly giving up on seeing other kind of toys besides old or new variable fighters. Anyway i really hope Bandai or some other companies will prove me wrong.

Edited by Ryoma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

I have been buying macross toys since the first yamato macross plus 1/72 and VF-1 1/60. Actually, even before that, when i was a child in the 80s, i remember buying several takatoku/bandai toys. I arrived at a point where it's really hard for me to get excited for any new macross toy release. I really wish Bandai or some other companies would focus more on zentran/meltran models or, why not, customized valkyrie(i'd love a Minmai guard for example). That would give me the chance to me to recreate some diorama from the most iconic scenes from ova, movies, tv shows etc.,which it's what i have been focusing with my other toys addictions lately. I know may other feel the same way but, at this point, i am honestly giving up on seeing other kind of toys besides old or new variable fighters. Anyway i really hope Bandai or some other companies will prove me wrong.

If you have been collecting since the 80's, then you should have given up all hope of "variety" when it comes to Macross....for the toys...it is all about the original VF-1 (the only time it is not is when Bandai is releasing VFs to cash in on a new Macross series...and even then, it will be mostly the "VF's" from the new series that will get produced)...The original VF-1 gets a reboot/update every decade or so...it's been more or less consistent....the only time that things veered from this formula was during the Yamato days (1/60 Destroids and a few oddball releases) and more recently with the Bandai HMR line (Destroids and some enemy mechs)......the biggest hope now would be for Bandai to follow up on what they have teased in terms of enemy Macross mecha....time will tell, but, unfortunately, it also tells us that the odds are against it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

One week countdown!! Let the speculation (yes, even HMR) begin!!

There seems to be a macross station focus this time...

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

  • Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)
  • S.H. Figuarts Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee in Bikini (Apr. 9000 JPY / Aug. 8000 JPY)
  • Robot Spirits VF-25F and -25S (Mar. and Jul. 7000 JPY)
  • DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai (Sep. 24k JPY)
  • Hi-Metal R+ 1/72 VF-1J (Nov. 14000 JPY)
  • Soul of Popynica 1/1200 TV SDF Macross (Oct. 70k JPY)
  • Metal Build VF-0S (Dec. 17000 JPY)

2022 is going to be so damn epic! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

  • Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)

I'd buy the crap out of that!!!!:yahoo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

  • Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)
  • S.H. Figuarts Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee in Bikini (Apr. 9000 JPY / Aug. 8000 JPY)
  • Robot Spirits VF-25F and -25S (Mar. and Jul. 7000 JPY)
  • DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai (Sep. 24k JPY)
  • Hi-Metal R+ 1/72 VF-1J (Nov. 14000 JPY)
  • Soul of Popynica 1/1200 TV SDF Macross (Oct. 70k JPY)
  • Metal Build VF-0S (Dec. 17000 JPY)

2022 is going to be so damn epic! :D

Someone started the weekend early!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If you have been collecting since the 80's, then you should have given up all hope of "variety" when it comes to Macross....for the toys...it is all about the original VF-1 (the only time it is not is when Bandai is releasing VFs to cash in on a new Macross series...and even then, it will be mostly the "VF's" from the new series that will get produced)...The original VF-1 gets a reboot/update every decade or so...it's been more or less consistent....the only time that things veered from this formula was during the Yamato days (1/60 Destroids and a few oddball releases) and more recently with the Bandai HMR line (Destroids and some enemy mechs)......the biggest hope now would be for Bandai to follow up on what they have teased in terms of enemy Macross mecha....time will tell, but, unfortunately, it also tells us that the odds are against it...

Honestly i just hope that sooner or later people will get tired of buying VF-1 and the market is going to become oversaturated. It's tough for me to understand how collectors will just buy the same piece over and over again, even if it has some minor adjustements it's somewhat absurd..  I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. After the release of the new 1/48 line from Bandai i decided to stop buying VF-1 unless it has some new, unseen color scheme. Otherwise i am done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A good comparison that comes to mind is the RX-78-02 first gundam. There are countless variations and updates of the same freaking gundam since the first appearance in 1978, but it is still the most popular model and people, myself included, never seem to get tired of it. As for the manufacturer Bandai in this case, why would they ever give up what sells the most and spend their resources to develop and give you variations instead that only cater to the otaku's/minority. It is just business. That being said, I would also like to see something different as well. I've collected all the DX vf's and I'm like, now what. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

  I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. 

Some people buy mecha/toys because they think they look cool and don't care a whit about where they're sourced from. Like me. I have Delta Valks. I've never seen it. Probably never will. Not unless it's released with English dubs (yeah, I'm THAT lazy:p).

As far as buying multiple VF-1's in slightly different "paint jobs" I'll tell you how Bandai got me.

When I got back into this there were no DX VF-1S Skull One's (my favorite by far). So I started buying what was being released. Once Focker/Skull One came out I figured WTH, may as well get all of them. If the first DX was the Focker I probably would have stopped there (oh wait, I would have gotten the GBP). Well played Bandai, well played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Honestly i just hope that sooner or later people will get tired of buying VF-1 and the market is going to become oversaturated. It's tough for me to understand how collectors will just buy the same piece over and over again, even if it has some minor adjustements it's somewhat absurd..  I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. After the release of the new 1/48 line from Bandai i decided to stop buying VF-1 unless it has some new, unseen color scheme. Otherwise i am done.

You want people to get tired of buying VF-1's and at the same time you also wonder why they're buying Delta VF's? Ever thought that maybe they're tired of VF-1's that's why they're buying Delta Valks instead? Or maybe they just want to have every Valk from the franchise?

Also, it doesn't stop me from getting VF-2SS and VF-11C even though I'm not a big fan of Macross II and Macross 7. Or maybe some of us here just like planes that transforms even though the show they featured on is crap.

But then, I only buy Valks that I only like. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Honestly i just hope that sooner or later people will get tired of buying VF-1 and the market is going to become oversaturated. It's tough for me to understand how collectors will just buy the same piece over and over again, even if it has some minor adjustements it's somewhat absurd..  I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. After the release of the new 1/48 line from Bandai i decided to stop buying VF-1 unless it has some new, unseen color scheme. Otherwise i am done.

...My first Macross figure was a V1 VF-25F+Super pack I got used from Mandarake on a trip to Japan. I don't have many Yamatos or Arcadias because I wasn't buying macross stuff when they were released.

I'll absolutely take a new DX VF-1 at MSRP over an old Yamato release, why the heck wouldn't I at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, I believe that general census here is that we buy it to make the franchise going. Probably? Also to make the company knows people are interested. :good: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 4:23 PM, jenius said:

They tested those waters with Macross Frontier but it didn't go far.

It didn't help that, aside from the Q-Rea, the MF Robot Spirits toys were hot garbage.

I wouldn't mind a Metal Robot Spirits VF line where they were not only transformable but packed with detail like the DX line or Gundam Metal Robot Spirits line, and not looking like half-finished model kits like the HMR line. :p

Still waiting on the DX YF-21 like many others here...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Are you serious?

All the actually exciting stuff from the Zentraedi warmachine. Queadluun-Rau's, Nousjadeul-ger's, Regult Scouts, Light and Heavy Armoured Soldiers for army building, Gnerl fighters, Glaug Eldare, Quel Quallie, all their awesome battlecuisers and mobile fortresses etc, etc. And thats not even counting Marduk, Vajra and Destroids.

Oh you were referencing toy releases. Yeah valks and idols pay bandai's bills more than baddies.

Lack of release slots for macross. i.e. 1 per month don't help. Hero valks take priority to get them all out in the wild.
Since the BW/HG iceberg is melting, will there be more release slots opening up?

I love enemy mech designs too, and baddies would pair well up against the valks as a display.

Like @jvmacross mentioned, historically speaking, the odds are against enemy mech releases...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lechuck said:

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

  • Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)
  • S.H. Figuarts Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee in Bikini (Apr. 9000 JPY / Aug. 8000 JPY)
  • Robot Spirits VF-25F and -25S (Mar. and Jul. 7000 JPY)
  • DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai (Sep. 24k JPY)
  • Hi-Metal R+ 1/72 VF-1J (Nov. 14000 JPY)
  • Soul of Popynica 1/1200 TV SDF Macross (Oct. 70k JPY)
  • Metal Build VF-0S (Dec. 17000 JPY)

2022 is going to be so damn epic! :D

😄 Slow day/night? I like the way you think though. 😄

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ryoma said:

Honestly i just hope that sooner or later people will get tired of buying VF-1 and the market is going to become oversaturated. It's tough for me to understand how collectors will just buy the same piece over and over again, even if it has some minor adjustements it's somewhat absurd..  I also wonder how come people are so eager to buy VF from crappy shows like delta. After the release of the new 1/48 line from Bandai i decided to stop buying VF-1 unless it has some new, unseen color scheme. Otherwise i am done.

Hmm 50th Macross Anniversary VF-1 anyone? :hi:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lechuck said:

Alright then, here is what is going to get announced:

  • Metal Structure 1/24 VF-1S and separate SSP add on pack (Aug. 110k JPY / Dec. 30k JPY)
  • DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai (Sep. 24k JPY)
  • Soul of Popynica 1/1200 TV SDF Macross (Oct. 70k JPY)

2022 is going to be so damn epic! :D

My mouth is watering over these announcements.

Definitely grabbing the SDF-1.

2023 will be epic once all these are released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...