Hi-Metal R

joppewo

It will be a shame if they don’t produce a tomahawk for this line. I believe the tomahawk shares its legs with other destroyers, right?

I may not get the leader valks in the HMR, but I hope they do the Tomahawk.  Other than  that I’m only missing the spartan. Please Bandai, you have made the most complete macross line in history, possibly.  Just finish it !

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It will be a shame if they don’t produce a tomahawk for this line. I believe the tomahawk shares its legs with other destroyers, right?

I may not get the leader valks in the HMR, but I hope they do the Tomahawk.  Other than  that I’m only missing the spartan. Please Bandai, you have made the most complete macross line in history, possibly.  Just finish it !

It was the idea of the Tomahawk that provoked me to start collecting the HMRs...along with Jenius' video reviews of the line.

Glad that I was able to pick up some other cool Macross HMR items, but I'm definitely going to be bummed if there's no Tomahawk.

23 hours ago, sh9000 said:

124BDA42-CE74-452D-B1EB-AFF2459B27DD.jpeg.a53747083f89ec165c92f85121991330.jpeg

19 hours ago, Podtastic said:

It feels like they are scraping the bottom, sides and UNDERSIDE of the Macross barrel to keep coming with releases while stubbornly avoiding the awesome bottom row. 

m08.jpg.b88e77fbac08d2fab46ffaf0136beb26.jpg

I wish I was around from the launch of the HMR. Here is hoping we at least get the Tomahaw, Phallanx and that now elusive bottom row.

Ha, that would be the entire board, wouldn't it. 

@sh9000 I noticed your Max and Miria have correct boosters. Did you paint those? If so, what color did you use? Also, what blue are you using for the VR?

Edited by vlenhoff

There's still a LONG way to go with just the first 4-1 Macross properties (I don't think there's anywhere else to go with FB2012 other than possibly the 3 hero VF-4's they've already shown). There's at least 8 mechs in each of SDF, DYRL and II as of yet unmade. But considering that the enemy mecha and destroids dont sell well initially they need to space those out. 

It's time for them to release an N-Ger or Q-Rau. Hopefully they preview their next 3-4 Macross releases in the line at Tamashii nations.

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You going to paint a custom orange set of packs?

Honestly, all other designs aside, that is my most desired HMR release.  Give us some freakin packs for all the VF-1s you keep selling us! :p 

I’ll leave them unpainted.

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I wish I was around from the launch of the HMR. Here is hoping we at least get the Tomahaw, Phallanx and that now elusive bottom row.

Ha, that would be the entire board, wouldn't it. 

@sh9000 I noticed your Max and Miria have correct boosters. Did you paint those? If so, what color did you use? Also, what blue are you using for the VR?

They’re swapped pieces from the HM Super Parts.  I’ll see after I mix colors for the blue.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll leave them unpainted.

They’re swapped pieces from the HM Super Parts.  I’ll see after I mix colors for the blue.

Deja vu, I saw the same cat twice...

No, I mean, I feel i have asked you this before, in some capacity.. Ha.

I think the destroids and the Silvie might have shelf warmed.  But Bandai should have released the Tomahawk first, as it's probably the most popular destroid.  Other companies usually release that first too, then the defender.  Bandai would have had better sales.  If they cancel the line based on issuing less than popular mecha, that sucks.

Sylvie did well, the less than stellar releases were:
Nexx VF-2SS
Destroids
Messer VF-1S
Hikaru VF-1J TV version 
Max's VF-1J also made it to clearance sales... that said, most only hit mark downs of like 30% and since I think 50% is standard mark-up, I don't think retailers are feeling burned by the line. Nexx and Messer are probably the biggest losers and Messer has finally come back around which is good for stores to see.

Shelf warmers are ,somewhat ,expected aren’t they? Bandai knows it’s not gonna got a home run on every release. It’s no excuse to put on the brakes  there’s been more triple plays and home runs than not!

Remember when Yammy ‘s VF-11 was a shelf warmer?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Sylvie did well, the less than stellar releases were:
Nexx VF-2SS
Destroids
Messer VF-1S
Hikaru VF-1J TV version 
Max's VF-1J also made it to clearance sales... that said, most only hit mark downs of like 30% and since I think 50% is standard mark-up, I don't think retailers are feeling burned by the line. Nexx and Messer are probably the biggest losers and Messer has finally come back around which is good for stores to see.

Right, I guess I was thinking of Nexx rather than Sylvie.

Maybe Bandai doesn't know how popular the Tomahawk is.  Why wouldn't they release that first?  And if the line is going down like some rumors say, they should cash in on their mold since the Tomahawk has already been on display at some shows.  I don't mind the purplish gray color, I can paint over it.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ever heard the strategy of not playing all your cards too soon? Most companies would never release all the best sellers first because that if anything is a good way to kill a line.

Except the destroid situation is like the reverse extreme of this.  It's like they're releasing them in backwards order, from least to most popular.  Reserving the design everyone wants the most for last is also a really good way to kill a line, because what if the initial releases don't generate enough interest or revenue to keep the line open long enough to finish?

I don't think they'll hit that point, but it becomes increasingly ludicrous to not release the most desired designs, while shoveling out bunches of other repaints and variants that, even in other toy production lines, have a history of being shelfwarmers.

11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Except the destroid situation is like the reverse extreme of this.  It's like they're releasing them in backwards order, from least to most popular.  Reserving the design everyone wants the most for last is also a really good way to kill a line, because what if the initial releases don't generate enough interest or revenue to keep the line open long enough to finish?

I don't think they'll hit that point, but it becomes increasingly ludicrous to not release the most desired designs, while shoveling out bunches of other repaints and variants that, even in other toy production lines, have a history of being shelfwarmers.

True but I think saving best for last is not a bad thing. Either way, I'm not worried about the HMR line. We just got two releases and people are again worried it is dead just like after the last two releases came out.

Hello All. May be anyone know about decals for HMR vf-1?

I have vt-1 super ostrich and think about more vf-1 in future, but i want to make it more detailed like panell lining(done) and decals(to make it like premium finish aracadia toys or chogokins from bandai. Like no step decals etc). But i didnt found any decals for HMR and even for 1/72 scale. So may be anyone know and can help.

TY.

Edited by SuNDuK

2 hours ago, SuNDuK said:

I have vt-1 super ostrich and think about more vf-1 in future, but i want to make it more detailed like panell lining(done) and decals(to make it like premium finish aracadia toys or chogokins from bandai. Like no step decals etc). But i didnt found any decals for HMR and even for 1/72 scale. So may be anyone know and can help.

TY.

There's plenty of 3rd party wateslide decals out there.  Just go to Ebay and search "Macross decal".  There's one Macross decal sheet that's scaled to 1/96 so it might be a perfect fit for HMRs.

The year isn't over yet but it's gonna take a lot to dethrone the VF-4 Lightning III as toy of the year for me.

As you may recall, I'm new to Macross toys, as my horrific blunders with the DX-YF 19 have demonstrated in the past.

But I adore this thing.

Last night I transformed it from fighter to battroid in a perfect transformation.  Nothing fell off, nothing got squeezed, everything pegged together gorgeously the way it was supposed to.  Since I got it in Spring this is probably the best I've ever got it with everything aligned perfectly.

It's a work of art.   I'm gonna savor it for a while that way before my next transformation to fighter mode.

Anyone else, novices and seasoned collectors alike get a toy lined up so perfectly they're reluctant to mess with it for a while, in order to just bask in the perfection?

I know there's a bigger Arcadia version on the horizon but I don't feel the need for it, Scale be damned.  This thing is just so lovely.   And what a thrill to have it all peg together tightly and naturally all on the first try.  I love that unique Battroid mode too, with the "cut off" fuselage as the chest.   So cool.

Second favorite valkyrie aside from YF-19.   I don't really want a bigger Lightning but a HM-R YF-19 would be the bees knees  Maybe someday.

So the point of my rambling....ever get a toy to align to perfectly, that you're almost reluctant to transform it again?

You just described fighter mode collectors.;) 

For me it was the 262 cos it came so nicely aligned OOB. Those hard gold lines and misc markings just took my breath away the first time I unboxed it. Definitely looks better in real life than pics. 

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly especially on macross valks are art pieces!

On 8/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, SuNDuK said:

TY.