Hi-Metal R

joppewo

This one is a maybe for the oddity and I'm interested in the engineering. I'll skip if it's a preorder madness cause it ain't worth it at this size...for now. Plus the proportions look weird to me compared to Yamarcadia.

Showing some of the missile removed.

ZqkDfA9.jpg

gotta say i like this a lot. i think i will pick it up. yamato's gbp is one of my fav all time toys. bandai's proportions are off in some areas i think but still looks very good and is possibly more dynamic and seems to be easier to handle an dmore toyetic (total guess on that last part). The odd oversized head (which to be fair does mimc certain scenes) which on a naked valk looks too big, looks great onthe gbp. all for under $100usd before shipping? sign me up. may have to get doubles. i really hope they don't mess up the regults in this line and also hope they will doa glaug down the line...yamato/arcadia is still my favorite line of toys but bandai has my attention with these little guys.

oh and BIG points for grey visor and removable missiles.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I'm in for the whole line, multiples of enemy mecha and Destroids. I don't have any 1/60 anymore, from any series, and I don't intend on getting anything 1/60 ever again, so I'm definitely excited for this line. I honestly liked my old Hi-Metal 1J and 1S more then my 1/60 Yamatos, I don't quite know what it was about them in particular, I just liked them more, I'm excited to get my hands on a Regult.

Edited by Tking22

I'm in for the whole line, multiples of enemy mecha and Destroids. I don't have any 1/60 anymore, from any series, and I don't intend on getting anything 1/60 ever again, so I'm definitely excited for this line. I honestly liked my old Hi-Metal 1J and 1S more then my 1/60 Yamatos, I don't quite know what it was about them in particular, I just liked them more, I'm excited to get my hands on a Regult.

That's another thing that will kick Arcadia in the ass - Price of entry. When new guys come here asking where to start they will probably lean toward bandai

New collectors will migrate to this line because all the yamato crap is out of print and rising in price, and the newer valks are 200-300 bucks. Somebody who wants a whole new line will start with Bandai as they print money.

Arcadia will have to stick to the niche macross valks I guess.

Edited by Gakken85

So is this a DYRL version?....If so, shouldn't the missle tips be yellow?

Top pic may be boxart?

Regarding the copyright dates 1982 and 1984 one would say it's a mix of both SDFM and DYRL.

Though I admit I like the hands on this one than Arcadia's. :rolleyes:

As I don't like SDFM-style hands I'm currently using Roy's DYRL fixed ones.

Regarding the copyright dates 1982 and 1984 one would say it's a mix of both SDFM and DYRL.

If that is the case....and since you have to swap the missile bits....it would have been better to have supplied yellow-tipped missiles instead of the "empty" missile bay bits....those seem to me a waste of plastic.... Edited by jvmacross

I think we are likely to get Focker and Max in the next two months, and Milia and brown VF-1A as exclusives, hopefully with Super Pack included. I think the Spartan would be shelved for a while until Regult comes out. They should really release the Tomahawk first despite this Spartan being the only modern figure out. The VFs will mostly be regular releases and then the destroids may mainly be exclusives depends on how they test the waters.

It also appears that Robot Damashii releases have slowed down, so maybe more slots for VF- Hi Metal releases.

The pilot looks painted in DYRL style...VF-1J was under the armor in the movie....with that said....missile tips should be yellow... :(

***edit

OK...looking at it on a bigger screen now...yeah...DYRL helmet painted in TV style...but body painted to look DYRL with the yellow shoulder pads???.... :wacko:

They should have just went all-out DYRL and painted the missile tips yellow and be done with it....

This just means they will still not bother with the doing proper TV style Max and Millia -1Js...TV pilots, armor, etc.....no biggie I guess...I'm more interested in the Regults and Destroids anyways! :)

Edited by jvmacross

That's the first I've seen of the fighter mode. Can anyone tell if it looks any different to the original releases?

Hard to tell from that angle. Side profile would say. Still looks like the same though.

It's pretty much impossible to get an accurate comparison from a photoshopped marketing photo, but looking at it next to this pic of the original, it looks like the fighter mode looks sleeker with a longer nose even (photo of original Hi-Metal from marstoybox blog - http://marstoybox.blog118.fc2.com/blog-entry-119.html). Obviously, the angle of the photo isn't quite the same and the lighting is completely different, so we'll probably not find out for sure until someone gets their hands on the new release.

What's safe to say is that the old Hi-Metal VF-1's won't be compatible with the new GBP armor. The old one's missing that slot right behind the intake, plus I'm guessing the new release will have the foldable leg fins (like Yamcadia's) to allow for the skinnier leg armors.

item_0000011012_SCluiUkf_07.jpg

1.jpg