Have you collected the right valk to get final satisfaction?

VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

I got my satisfaction when I bought my YF-29 and VF-27r and when I finally got hold of a VF-25S that had only been used for display in a store... don't know about ''final'' though.

It's more of an unsatisfaction sometimes with discovering that the white tampo'ed cross on the left wing of my SV-51r Nora Polyansky is slightly slanted and coming to the conclusion that my VF-22S Miria really is a tad bit too pinkish.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Well if I'm really honest about it..considering I have one of just about everything Yamato 1:60ish (minus a VT-1), I pretty much would be completely satisfied and happy for life if I had to be once I had an Arcadia 1/3000 TV SDF-1!!!!

Edited by derex3592

I can say this: At a minimum you are in for three to four valks. Reason being is that you buy one, then you realize how cool it is but then you want to display it in the other modes. Then you decide you want to have one with super parts and naked, hence the four. If you like a particular series then you can be satisfied and stop with control. I started with Macross Plus which only has three valkeries so it was easy to stop. Then I moved to Japan and well let me just say I am been stimulating the economy here. Finally, I cannot be satisfied because I am a collector that sees these like art. I am always amazed at some of the engineering that goes into these models. Hence every model to me is a must. I am not one of the people that has the VF-1 V2, and the same VF-1 V2 that was boxed with super parts, and the same VF-1 V2 that came with option parts; I only have one VF-1S. Yet to each his own. The only known here is you will definitely buy more than one.

I wouldn't say there is a final satisfaction, but I would admit that my interest has quite dwindled after I've gotten Hikaru's Strike 1S and the Fire Valkyrie. But since I'm a Max fan too and it was his units that got me started in collecting, I'm still after the VF-1J M&M's that I missed.

I can say this: At a minimum you are in for three to four valks. Reason being is that you buy one, then you realize how cool it is but then you want to display it in the other modes. Then you decide you want to have one with super parts and naked, hence the four. If you like a particular series then you can be satisfied and stop with control. I started with Macross Plus which only has three valkeries so it was easy to stop. Then I moved to Japan and well let me just say I am been stimulating the economy here. Finally, I cannot be satisfied because I am a collector that sees these like art. I am always amazed at some of the engineering that goes into these models. Hence every model to me is a must. I am not one of the people that has the VF-1 V2, and the same VF-1 V2 that was boxed with super parts, and the same VF-1 V2 that came with option parts; I only have one VF-1S. Yet to each his own. The only known here is you will definitely buy more than one.

QFT. I would add that displaying certain pairings/groupings also adds to your purchases. You can't just display a Max or Milia 1J without the other, so you need to pick up both (or sell the one you have like I did). I just completed TV Vermilion squad, because Hikaru and Max just looked so weird by themselves without Kakizaki. If I could ever find one at a reasonable price, I'd like to pick up a VF-1D to display with my TV VF-1S to recreate the scene from the first few episodes of SDFM.

I like to have a collection that tells a complete story.

My M7 collection is missing a VF-11C and Milias VF-1J with the black highlights. Then I have a complete collection. My Macross Frontier colleciton is missing the YF-30. And so on and so on. SDF:M and DYRL are easy because the only have one Valkyrie. ^_^

Hey Wow...I´ve been followings this topic and every single reply confirms me everyone has his own love and addiction story for Valks, the only difference is the intensity, but it´s the same for most of Macross fans...Well I still have hope for getting final satisfaction, but I guess I will only know it till I get the 2 "ladies" I fell in love with, allow me share some image links:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/60vf1d/60vf1d.html

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/60vf1j/01.html

I don´t own them yet, I am patiently waiting for Arcadia re-realease, I hope they grant the same grade of perfection (specially the tinted canopy).

I must confess there is a strange feeling in the meantime, resembles the one when you are courting a beatiful lady..hoping some day she will be by your side. sounds Crazy doesn´t it?.. Anyway..Have you ever felt the same for a valk ??

I don't think a collector is ever fully satisfied because there's always something new and shinier right around the corner. And there's great satisfaction that come with opening a brand new piece. God I love the smell of new toy... For me, the last piece I need to complete my Yamato DRYL line is the 30th Anniversary VE-1 Elint Seeker which I know will bring me some sort of FINAL SATISFACTION! Every night I pray to the Macross gods that Arcadia will re-release it because I refuse to pay more then $250 shipped for it.

I find myself calling them "pieces" when guests come over and see the collection. I'll say something like "this piece represents this stage of the story" or "this piece is great because of this paint application" I realize now that I view them in all reality as a kind of art by an artist I enjoy. I always handle them and view them and just appreciate them.

I really enjoy them and will always buy, but just like art, I will also sell for other representations or era's of the design. I'm satisfied in that I have found a hobby and a group of people (here) who also enjoy the thing that is Macross. My wife even admits that they are cool. I've never had a guest throw a dig, they all seem to really appreicate them for what they are. To be honest, it's a massive conversation starter and a part of the home where you hear people later on at night saying "did you see the collection" to one another. I can always find someone in the room standing in front of the display looking at them during the parties.

And to quote Benson from a post a long time ago: "I would straight throat punch somebody" if they ever ridiculed me for the collection.

In a way, yes. Almost halfway, or 1/4th of the way through, but relative.

I got the VF19S because I found it for stupidly cheap on mandarake. I received it on possibly the worst and most stressed out day of my life. And I was awed at how good the figure was. How good a TOY it was, with all the ratchets and stiff joints and locking points, that was still an adult collectible figure.

Being like, one of the 3 guys in the fandom that actually likes Macross 7 [possibly my favourite, or second favourite Macross show], I knew that I had to get Basara's valk.

But with the exception of SDFM, all the hero valks come with a sister unit ;)

VF19Kai's sister unit was the VF17D...I got the VF17S on sale and was not happy with it at all.

BUT...far fetched...BUT...

YF19 is getting remade in a fantastic figure. *IF the YF21 gets a remake as well, we can expect the VF22S valkyries.

Which means, Gamlin's VF22S with Basara's VF19P Zola...on a display at my place...

Macross satisfaction---100%

When I decided to buy a Valkyrie toy, I decided to go for the VF-1S Roy Rocker, because I've always wanted one when I was younger. Now I've found myself buying a VF-25F Alto and a VF-1S Hikaru all in the span of two months, with a VF-19 Kai on the way as well. So yeah, one is never enough. I guess you're only satisfied until you find another Valk you want to buy.

Used to be all over the VF-1 when the 1/48 came out...then felt meh when the 1/60 came out since I dont wanna spend more money to reacquire the valks I had. Before that, the Yamato koenig monster was a WoW, but now pale in comparison to Bandai's monster. Then there was a time when the YF-19 was the grail, since it was miles ahead of the 1/72, but which has now become an inferior counterpart of Arcadia's 19. Havent ventured into MacF valks yet, but the 21/22 are the only remaining grails for me.

There's just no helping it with this hobby and having multiple grails is normal..both in the space and time continuum. Its always either a better rendition of your grail(s) or a new design that catches your attention, that will be your reincarnated grail. Its like an endless cycle of rebirths of the grail, improved after every cycle.

Like most here, I have changed the "Grail" piece over time, usually because they get built as a 1/60 toy and I buy them!

I think the one that continues to play out in the back of my mind is the VF-2SS. I'm not sure if it will ever get produced, but it certainly seems to be a "dream" at this stage......

Oh yeah, TV SDF-1 is right up there as well!

Like most here, I have changed the "Grail" piece over time, usually because they get built as a 1/60 toy and I buy them!

I think the one that continues to play out in the back of my mind is the VF-2SS. I'm not sure if it will ever get produced, but it certainly seems to be a "dream" at this stage......

Oh yeah, TV SDF-1 is right up there as well!

The VF-2SS would be beyond a "grail" piece to me; it would be the "Arc of the Covenant", crowning glory, of my collection... if Arcadia or Bandai were to release this much ignored stepchild of the Macross universe in 1/60, fully transformable glory, I would be able to honestly say that I could finally purchase THE one, definitive, piece that would bring me absolute satisfaction as a Macross toy collector.

Also agree on the TV SDF-1; it's been overlooked for far too long.

While not a "grail" piece to me, a VF-2SS by Arcadia or Bandai, would be a must-have. I think it's a really pretty plane with an equally nice looking battroid. The fact that it wasn't designed by Kawamori-san, and that it's from the much maligned Macross II means nothing to me. I like cool transforming toys, and a well done VF-2SS qualifies.

I don't really have a "grail" piece per-se. Well, then again, maybe the BG-5C Fatman, or perhaps the Variable Glaug. I worked on cargo planes, specifically the C-130 and the KC-135 (yes, it's a tanker, but has a secondary cargo mission), so a transformable cargo plane evocative of the C-17 or its FRED big brother the C-5, would be amazing. Moreso, as it'd be a Kawamori design. The variable Glaug is just cool, and would fill the Zentradi mecha void. The only other thing I can think of would be a new Arcadia VB-6, righting the wrongs of Yamato's version, better than Bandai's, with ratchets everywhere, and far better articulation in battroid. Tall order, but I think they could do it. Even cooler if it was also 1/60 scale. I don't know where I'd put the damned thing, but I'd find a place for it. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was satisfied with my first v.2 roy strike combo even with a cracked shoulder. i just brought the other variants bc i thought yamato was gone. and that made me panic.. but now i keep buying stuff... don't know why...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's funny how I thought I was only going to buy a few when I started my collection off with the Yamato YF-19 (the straight gun pod version) and the YF-21. Now I can't stop!! I have bought all of the Yamato v2's except the weathering special ones the Bird of prey version of the YF-19 and the yellow colored destroid defender (forgot about it and it slipped my grasp). Then I started doing the Bandai Renewals and have all of those so far and all of the YF-29's. I have so many valks I am about to drop 1k+ just on display space alone.

David there is no reason why you do it :p Macross toys may as well be a subscription service in my house. If the mfg's would just setup a paypal merchant agreement with me, they would be guaranteed a sale.

I am actually surprised my wife puts up with it lol, although she loves Macross too. I even save funds better now a days just because I want to have a huge cash buffer in case they ever drop too many Macross toy releases around the same time. I seriously may need to go to valkaholics anon.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's funny how I thought I was only going to buy a few when I started my collection off with the Yamato YF-19 (the straight gun pod version) and the YF-21. Now I can't stop!! I have bought all of the Yamato v2's except the weathering special ones the Bird of prey version of the YF-19 and the yellow colored destroid defender (forgot about it and it slipped my grasp). Then I started doing the Bandai Renewals and have all of those so far and all of the YF-29's. I have so many valks I am about to drop 1k+ just on display space alone.

David there is no reason why you do it :p Macross toys may as well be a subscription service in my house. If the mfg's would just setup a paypal merchant agreement with me, they would be guaranteed a sale.

I am actually surprised my wife puts up with it lol, although she loves Macross too. I even save funds better now a days just because I want to have a huge cash buffer in case they ever drop too many Macross toy releases around the same time. I seriously may need to go to valkaholics anon.

Loop, to tell you the truth i thought one version of each was enough. but after seeing you (and others) getting multiple copies of the 171 and the 25F, i thought you were crazy... then i got used to it and started to do the same for the 25F, vf-1s low viz , 1D, and now the yf-19... i guess i better check in too.

You know David, I usually just buy one of each if they form a squad. The VF-17D/S Diamond Force, VF-19S/F Emerald Force I think started it all. I was looking around at my collection and noticed that for DYRL, and SDFM I had the squads and the extra valks. I kinda wanted to keep it consistent so I started getting multiples.

With the VF-25F I want to have the Armored, the Super and hopefully tornado (not sure if tornado parts will happen).

With the VF-25S I wanted to have a Armored in battroid mode and one Armored in fighter mode, but now want maybe an extra or 2 as I have another set of Armor waiting for a valk and the supers in a box too.

Getting all of the extra ones allows me to setup a display of Skull squad and have extras for battroid mode in super parts and armor.

I got 3x of the VF-171 CF to setup a fighter display with the Alto 171. And I got 3x of the 25-A 's for possibly a all 3 modes display but still undecided. I need to get all my display stuff ordered though fast lol.

I got the VF19S because I found it for stupidly cheap on mandarake.

Out of curiosity, how stupidly cheap we're you able to attain that beauty?

I came to realize that there is never a perfect grail, at least for me.

The YF-19 is my grail.

1/72 - So fugly, I actually had to pass on it although at the time, I didn't think it would be revisited.

1/60 Yamato - my grail came true, bought 4 standard version, 1 bundle version, 2 fast pack sets and 2 limited edition weathered version.

Then Yamato released the VF-19 and I quickly lost my grail feelings after comparing what could of have been.

1/60 Arcadia - 3 preorders and thinking this is it! It can't get better than this. But that's what I thought back then with Yamato's 1/60 YF-19.

It never ends.

Out of curiosity, how stupidly cheap we're you able to attain that beauty?

Um...something like 14.000 yen shipped EMS or something?

Which, admittedly, now it's not a huge discount considering this is the 19S' regular price more or less, but in August 2012 that was quite a bargain. Actually July, I received it on 1st of August.

From all the valks in my 3rd collection reset, I think I only got the VF1S Max for retail. All the rest were after a substantial discount each.