Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Don't forget the hands and arms!

Eitherway, well said Tochiro.

But I think everyone here is just joking about all the panic. At leaat I hope they are :p I'm sure many are looking forward to this release.

Don't know much about the tweets though.

Edited by Falcon18

Nicely put Tochiro.

At around three months from release Arcadia were still tweaking the colors of the upcoming YF-19, they possibly still are. I'm sure the Zero Valks will get the same level of attention.

Now is not the time to start panicking, that's about a year away...

I think they will make the wings "push up" into the backback similar to the 1/72 VF-1 Bandai kit. If you remember from one the first Arcadia photos with the 1/250 VF-0D in it, there was a Bandai kit in the background. Maybe they were looking at the kit to get ideas.

attachicon.gifwingslide.jpg

They mount in such a way that it takes advantage of the built in gap between the inner edge of the wing and the main body. A lot of the artwork tends to have the wings line up flush with the top of the back plate so it was always sort of implied.

Seems like putting the rotation points further out and further down would result in the same thing without need of the slider.

Or just having a bit of an upper body joint that angles the back plate a bit. You can do that on the existing VF-1 and VF-0 without dislodging the leg bar.

post-1819-0-14899800-1392310400_thumb.jpg

The Bandai VF-1 kit also had the extra nosecone joint and also the chest plate could hinge around a bit too. That model had a lot of neat ideas but alas ┐(‘~`) ┌

Edited by VF5SS

But here's the thing we all have great ideas, but how many of them are implemented in any sort of good way? We all want everything on this kit, but it had better not be a wonky, fidgety, difficult mess to use. And this kit is all of things and more. so good on them for implementing a bunch of new stuff... poorly.

Well then we don't need to do new things because the exist figures already do that stuff fine :v

I've only ever messed around with a friend's Hi Metal VF-1 so I don't see how it's tons more articulated than the Yamato design. Especially when I use the back hinge trick.

I'm not saying Arcadia shouldn't do new things, I'm saying doing a bunch of new things poorly doesn't net you anything in the long run. They're not proven, so less likely to be adopted by others. Maybe Mr. K is taking notes however.

The articulation in the hips is a giant improvement over the Yamcadias. In the feet as well... though they can get loose. Having to perform a "trick" to make something work is not an acceptable solution. I'd rather they figure out how to fix the design.

attachicon.gifwingslide.jpg

They mount in such a way that it takes advantage of the built in gap between the inner edge of the wing and the main body. [...]

Seems like putting the rotation points further out and further down would result in the same thing without need of the slider.

Exactly. Bandai's method has no advantage over the one used by Yamarcadia©; proportionally speaking the result is the same. I don't think that Arcadia can take any ideas from here.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You mean breaking the wings in half?

all kidding aside, even with anime magic Max realized the limitations of the mass on his wings in battroid limited his articulation.

maybe we may need to accept the 0D may not be as articulate with those large wings in battroid mode as an 0s/0a.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

all kidding aside, even with anime magic Max realized the limitations of the mass on his wings in battroid limited his articulation.

maybe we may need to accept the 0D may not be as articulate with those large wings in battroid mode as an 0s/0a.

Arguably, the lack of articulation of this first model gave way to the use of more versatile models such as the 0S/0A. This wasn't impediment for the 0D's to be used for training and testing.

What the hell? A VF-0D? After Yamato went down and Bandai pretty much completed the Macross F valks, I took a short break and collected Hot Toys. I come back for a revisit and suddenly things which aren't supposed to happen are happening. Anything is possible now that a VF-0D is in the works.

The timing couldn't be better or worst for me. Already preordered 3 YF-19s, suddenly Hot Toys releases the Crow and Man of Steel on time. Arcadia announces the VF-0D, Hot Toys announces Batman/Bruce Wayne/Alfred set. I'll need to sell blood to keep up. :(

Yeah man, hopefully this bird is looking around the $200 range. If it is even remotely priced around the YF-19, I just might have to make a pass. Can anyone here justify paying around $300 if it ends up at that price range? I get the whole cost for development thing, but without any extras, fast packs or possibly a stand - that would be pushing it for me. Similar to why I had to pass on the VF-4 lightning. Had it been Hikaru's skull version, I would have bite the bullet for it. :)

Yeah man, hopefully this bird is looking around the $200 range. If it is even remotely priced around the YF-19, I just might have to make a pass. Can anyone here justify paying around $300 if it ends up at that price range? I get the whole cost for development thing, but without any extras, fast packs or possibly a stand - that would be pushing it for me. Similar to why I had to pass on the VF-4 lightning. Had it been Hikaru's skull version, I would have bite the bullet for it. :)

I find it amusing you're wondering if anyone can justify paying $300 for a 0D or the VF-4 yet you're buying three $300 YF-19's. Could have had one of each for the same dough.

I find it amusing you're wondering if anyone can justify paying $300 for a 0D or the VF-4 yet you're buying three $300 YF-19's. Could have had one of each for the same dough.

Hehe, see my avatar? The YF-19 is my grail so I had to get it. Had it been cheaper I would buy more. Had it been more expensive I would buy less. Only with 19 do I buy multiples to display in every mode. As for the rest, they stay as fighter. ;)

i can only wish that it is within 200 since anything above and there is likely that I cannot afford it.

found this battroid pic (from the masterfile), the cape-like form in battroid is so awesome

variable_fighter_master_file_vf_0_phoeni

Is this really a VF-0D? The head looks more like the VF-25A/G to me. The long cape is cool but I'd prefer a shorter one as well, more like this :

vf-0D-shin_zpsc6454ad0.jpg

This song auto played in my mind when I saw that caped battroid picture from masterfile :

"saber rider...and the star sheriff *whip-sound* of the star"

*snip*

Arcadia should make toys for this show. :p I would buy a pose able Bill Willcox with shiny die-cast armor in a heart beat. ^_^

Edited by Scyla