Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I guess it doesnt come with a stand? Well my upcoming Arcadia VF-1S will be handy then. I do hope they will eventually include it for the extreme price we have to pay for it

EDIT: Ah crap "...Reaction bullet, CHM-2 high-speed missile maneuver, stand attachment, instruction manual, marking abandoned.."

Edited by close313

Hey guys, I've seen in the past where there is a website that shows the difference between the v1 and v2. If there is one can u please post the link. I just want to make sure that the small differences equal the $300 plus price tag.

As far as I know, Toysntoys hasn't taken any Arcadia preorders yet (not even the VF-1J).

Most of our local shops are just import shops all the same (most of them getting their stock from HK suppliers). Often the prices are jacked up really high, making them more expensive than importing it ourselves. I don't blame them for the high price though, as the costs of rental here are pretty high.

For example, 1 of the local shop here is selling the YF-19 at about USD 385 / 37,529 yen. Off course we're gonna go with importing, as even with the shipping fees, it's still a cheaper option than the insane prices local shops sell them at. Also, some local shops take forever to open up preorders. We won't even know if they will open preorder for certain items or not, unless we check with them.

Also, after experiencing a few instances of local shops not being able to secure goods / or that 1 instance where a shop went bankrupt (pocketing customers' preorder money no less), I've decided I've had it with my local shops and have gone full import (it usually works out to be cheaper anyways).

Points taken, but I guess this is how all local toy shops work. You pay higher price locally, but you get a nice box. You take the risk on custom duties and damages by importing yourself.

Hey guys, I've seen in the past where there is a website that shows the difference between the v1 and v2. If there is one can u please post the link. I just want to make sure that the small differences equal the $300 plus price tag.

Go anymoon.com, it's not the small differences that make up the $300. Those are literally different toys in different categories to begin with.

I guess it doesnt come with a stand? Well my upcoming Arcadia VF-1S will be handy then. I do hope they will eventually include it for the extreme price we have to pay for it

EDIT: Ah crap "...Reaction bullet, CHM-2 high-speed missile maneuver, stand attachment, instruction manual, marking abandoned.."

Isn't that just the attachment like all previous releases had? Like the v2 VF-1s to place it on a stand that was slot into the gunpods, not the actual stand itself.

I could be wrong though.

Points taken, but I guess this is how all local toy shops work. You pay higher price locally, but you get a nice box. You take the risk on custom duties and damages by importing yourself.

That is true. It's pretty much the only benefit of buying off a local shop. Though that said, most/all of my items have (thankfully) arrived safe and sound. and with EMS shipping, it's pretty much insured of any damages. I usually go with SAL Registered if I could though, to save on shipping.

As for customs duties, we only get taxed if our total value reaches about $320 USD, in which case we get a 7% tax on the total value + shipping.

Thankfully, with BiginJapan (and possibly Amiami), their total value with shipping is lower than that. Also we could declare a lower value with BiJ/NY. So there's that.

All in all, local shops have just left a bad taste in my mouth, and I really only do go to them if I'm desperate, which hasn't happened yet. I'd like to support them, but the prices and occasional shoddy service is much to be desired. Afterall, this is just a hobby, so any savings counts.

Edited by SaitouSad

Release date listed as April 30; in other words, Japan-based fans will get screwed because the government is jacking up the consumption tax from 5 to 8% from that month onwards. Oh, happy days.

Not getting into politics here but is that Consumption Tax a National Sales Tax?

Awesome. Thanks for the huge pics!

I like that it has more panel line detail than the v1. It looks like the lines for the grey stripe above the intakes are inscribed so we can paint it if we choose to.
Isamu's helmet looks like it is shaped a little weird. It's shaped more like a predator helmet. Is the helmet actually removable? They only show two figures above, but in the pic below, they show a 2nd Isamu figure without a helmet. If so, that is pretty cool.

942740_497418183673748_1667683792_n.jpg

Thanks Antibioticab for the vid!

Question, is the Akiba Tamashii Nation show room permanent? I missed it the last time I was in Akihabara last November, and am wondering if the showroom is always there. If so I'll make sure to find it next time!

Thanks!

The question now is what to do with my yammie 19. hmm.

indeed.. what do.. and to make things worse, I have 2, 1 naked and 1 with the fold / fast pack

I suppose I could try to sell 1 off (good luck with that), and keep the other in fightermode permanently or something

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah. He sais it's secret.. so maybe some hope there?

Mr. K just responded to you again a minute ago. i'll let you handle the translation :)

@Mrk_arcadia 私の質問に答えてくれてありがとうございます。 もしかして!!?..で ...まさか!? 発売が楽しみです 4月までゆっくり待機します…!

@kyekye7 ムフフ。待っててね~。

Arcadia just opened their webshop ordering

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Mr. K just responded to you again a minute ago. i'll let you handle the translation :)

@Mrk_arcadia 私の質問に答えてくれてありがとうございます。 もしかして!!?..で ...まさか!? 発売が楽しみです 4月までゆっくり待機します…!

@kyekye7 ムフフ。待っててね~。

Arcadia just opened their webshop ordering

Yeah. Not much info there... He only said ' Muhuhu. Please wait~'

Still sounds hopeful.

In worst case, I'll just make a custom bridge link. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah, "khaki" is a good term to describe the gunpod color there. As is the word "wrong". WTF are they looking at for gunpod reference?

Surely some of the Japanese forums etc are mentioning the gunpod color? If not--can someone here mention it to Mr K's twitter?

indeed.. what do.. and to make things worse, I have 2, 1 naked and 1 with the fold / fast pack

I suppose I could try to sell 1 off (good luck with that), and keep the other in fightermode permanently or something

Well the one I have is already in F mode 90% of the time. It still looks good though especially with weathering and all the decals. Argh.

I don't know if I missed a discussion on it earlier in the thread or not, but does anyone know if it's supposed to:

1) come with two Isamu's. One with helmet and one without,

2) come with one Isamu with a removeable helmet,

or 3) only come with one Isamu with a permanent helmet?

The store display only showed the helmeted Isamu, while the prototype picture showed one with the helmet on and one without and I have no idea what the words under the pic say about it.