Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

MrK responded, just like is expect, if your in Japan they will take care of you, but there's nothing they can do outside if Japan.

Just as everyone said, contact AmiAmi immediately.

Hell, tell them Arcadia told you to contact them for support.

I moved all my PO's from AMIAMI to HLJ. Took some time and waiting to catch some stuff... but I just can't deal with AMIAMI.

They are too inflexible.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your YF-19.

I'm still not pushed enough to get one unless it goes on sale myself.

just received mine in Australia from HLJ. MISBISB like davidwhangchoi. :p

But not anymore. I had to open it up and experience the glory that is the YF-19. After seeing poor Mommar's broken wing, I want to check out the 2nd one to make sure it is okay too.

Much swooshing shall be done tonight. :p

In my experience HLJ seems to be pretty reliable. I haven't dealt with many other sellers so perhaps I am being biased and there is something even better out there. But if it ain't broke...

As for the guy still deciding if it is worth the money to buy a YF-19.... stick with the TF stuff and see if the prices of these goes down a bit. If it doesn't, you don't have to worry since these are not of the standard you expected for the existing price to begin with. win-win for you.

But it IS better in quality than the old yamato for sure. Whether that means its worth the high price charged in a time when the economy is the way it is, is another story. For all we know it could have a problem nobody will see coming (like "sony timer" lol) until later and stuff breaks. But its the risk you take being an early adopter AKA guinea pig. I can only talk about my own experiences and my opinion might change in time. So far I am happy and since I saved up over long stretch of time rather than pay a lump sum I can eat the cost.

What are third party transformers BTW?

I would get it in a heart beat if it sold for around 200 but more that ouch. You may collect one thing but I got 4 runs on different genres, Chogokin, Hot Toys, 3rd Party and Macross. Although I have traded off collecting macross for Gundam and Sentinel.

It just sucks when I spend 300 bucks on a 19 anniversary special to be told its garbage. Which is funny since thats what folks were talking like when they came out with the 1/60 and said the 1/72 is garbage. Now its Version 3 and version 2 is garbage. I mean what do you do with all the old ones. Anyway I am passing on this. Too expensive, saving up for my Hot Toys Ed-209 and RoboCop. Would like to get a Hot Toys hulk but Ill see. Would like to get a better version of the 21 but I suppose that thing will cost 400 bucks

I had NO tape on mine besides what was holding the instruction manual in place, so really, you can open it up and swoosh it around, put it back in---and it's still MISB.

Which is funny since thats what folks were talking like when they came out with the 1/60 and said the 1/72 is garbage. Now its Version 3 and version 2 is garbage. I mean what do you do with all the old ones.

Sold my 1/72 to fund the 1/60. Sold the 1/60 to fund the v2 1/60. I've owned 3 YF-21's and 2 VF-11's---but none at the moment. I sell old valks to buy new ones, but never have that many at a time.

Never get 100% of my money back of course, but I think of the loss as a "long-term rental fee".

I already sent Amiami the message with the photos attached. No idea what'll happen now. Sounds like at this point if I wanted one I'd have to pay jacked up after-market prices and given my feelings on how the toy felt prior to discovering the damage it isn't worth more mark up.

Well...someday everything you own will be garbage...'sides HT, 3P and 'gokins get the same types of criticisms in plenty of other forums. You just don't want to spend a lot of money on Macross which is perfectly fine.

For those asking about comparisons to the Arcadia YF-19 and Yamato YF-19 take a look at these shots;

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-222403-1-1.html

Having owned both (sold my bundled Yamato YF-19 a very long time ago) Arcadia's version simply blows the previous release from Yamato away (in form/function and aesthetically).

I already sent Amiami the message with the photos attached. No idea what'll happen now. Sounds like at this point if I wanted one I'd have to pay jacked up after-market prices and given my feelings on how the toy felt prior to discovering the damage it isn't worth more mark up.

Sorry man, hopefully AmiAmi will help make this right for you.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I would get it in a heart beat if it sold for around 200 but more that ouch. You may collect one thing but I got 4 runs on different genres, Chogokin, Hot Toys, 3rd Party and Macross. Although I have traded off collecting macross for Gundam and Sentinel.

It just sucks when I spend 300 bucks on a 19 anniversary special to be told its garbage. Which is funny since thats what folks were talking like when they came out with the 1/60 and said the 1/72 is garbage. Now its Version 3 and version 2 is garbage. I mean what do you do with all the old ones. Anyway I am passing on this. Too expensive, saving up for my Hot Toys Ed-209 and RoboCop. Would like to get a Hot Toys hulk but Ill see. Would like to get a better version of the 21 but I suppose that thing will cost 400 bucks

I collect Macross 1/60 Valks, SH Figuarts Kamen Rider and Sentai as well as Miscellaneous, a bunch of Figmas, Marvel Legends, DC universe Classics, Star Wars 3 3/4, GI Joe, Transformers Generations, Saint Seiya and assorted other stuff that takes my fancy. Just saying you're not the only one to collect multiple expensive lines.

As with all lines : Pay what you think is fair. If its to much that's cool.

Ok for me when the old yamato came out I said I liked it but was disapointed by the small gupod and the gullet. I'm not saying you can't love the old one but for me it is miles behind the new. hehe

It doesn't mean the toy was garbage but saying the new one isn't an improvement would be a lie. Of course, not all newer things are necessarily superior to older things.

Some examples from video game systems: the older model playstation 2 are better than new cheaper ones, the new nintendo 2ds is worse than the older 3ds, the new playstation vita is worse quality than the older ps vita which had an OLED screen for better screen quality. (they went with LCD for the newer model in order to make it more affordable)

..But in this case the robot mode is much better imo. Having chest lock for one makes it easier to handle. Should have been in the old yamato imo.

The old toys were good for their time (compare the old yamato monster to the new bandai monster) but standards have gotten higher. Otherwise we'd all be displayig chunky monkey toys not spending money on new stuff. I sold off my old yamato once I knew this was being developed.

Whether you get value for money is another topic altogether though. Prices are getting out of the reach of many people so they are looking for reasons to hate on the new stuff without looking at the flaws of the older stuff honestly. Let's not even look at the price for a minute but just what has improved. If what has improved is all we talk about and not whether it is worth paying for those improvements, then we can come to the conclusion that overall the new is better than the old just looking at things like poseability, look, the accuracy to the show etc. Nobody is saying the old was garbage but you have to be honest with yourself and see the flaws for what they are. Toys shouldn't lose their form when you put it upside down for a second. haha

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

let me know what happens, if they are sold out and just refund you, i'll hook you up with one of mine.

So is skullmilitia taking lead on getting this situation cleared up with Arcadia?

My one and only order from Ami Ami is looking like this:

DSC_0133_zpsedb90d8d.jpg

DSC_0134_zps22b0eaa1.jpg

Piece ended up all the way up here and probably scratched the piece up already before I could even touch it.

DSC_0135_zps5e355ef3.jpg

And Mommar is right its not the shipping. No dents on the box and completely fine. So what I'm not allowed to post this on Arcadia twitter and facebook now? I think I have the right as a consumer to point it out. Damn their reputation if they can't back it up.

I'm having HLJ open the rest of my orders to check for anything broken.

Unbelievable this thing that's suppose to be solid yet better than the V.1 19 is disintegrating before coming out of the box.

Going to email Ami Ami now.

Very cool :)

let me know what happens, if they are sold out and just refund you, i'll hook you up with one of mine.

This is very cool, I mean :)

Edit: that sucks, Kicker :(

Edited by xrentonx

Time and circumstances change, the old YF-19 despite its many many flaws was a huge leap from the old 1/72 19 and was the best and only one available at it's time. Hell it kept its value all this time until this new one was released.

Perception and value varies from person to person, to us this toy may be worth every penny, most of us are graced to be able to afford, understand and enjoy a hobby like this. If you feel this is too expensive for you because you have other priorities, good for you and enjoy what you like.

Holly crap Kicker! WTF, you and Mommar got screwed big time, and AmiAmi should check this sort of thing before they ship the damn thing!! AmiAmi is coming out terribly on this.

And you two should post this on their facebook page. I doubt you two are the only one.

One of the main things that's keeping me from putting down the money for such a pretty bird (other than the 300 USD price tag) is that it looks too short next to the YF-21. I'm almost certain Arcadia will be making a V2 YF-21 somewhere down the line, it'll probably just as expensive, if not more so.

Truth be told, I'm happy enough with my Yammie YF-19 that I don't feel any pressure to get the V2, a vast improvement though it is. I'm the same way with TF's though. I kept procrastinating on pre-ordering MP Wheeljack, because I'm still pretty satisfied with the Generations toy. And frankly, I'm getting a little exhausted from chasing new versions of something (collectibles in general, not specifically Macross).

That said, I'm still holding out for a re-release at a lower price, and maybe with the arm-cannon attachment instead of the missiles (I never display any of my Valks with the missiles anyway).

All in all, congrats on your new YF-19's, guys. I'll be sitting this one out until a cheaper re-release pops up in the future, and hopefully on discount at HLJ. :lol:

BTW, sorry to hear about the broken wings on your brand new YF-19's Kicker and Mommar. You'd think they'd be more attentive in the QC department when dealing with a 300 USD toy. I thought Yamato actually switched to better factories a few years ago. I'd expected Arcadia to use the same factories.

Honestly.. I can't even comprehend how something that stupidly obvious could ever make it to shipping. A cursory glance in the box should clearly say, "Oh, yeah, this thing has a broken wing."

To say nothing of the dipshit who packaged them by hand, and still managed to miss such obvious problems.

Honestly.. I can't even comprehend how something that stupidly obvious could ever make it to shipping. A cursory glance in the box should clearly say, "Oh, yeah, this thing has a broken wing."

To say nothing of the dipshit who packaged them by hand, and still managed to miss such obvious problems.

Amen to that.

How are the plastic shipping shells? Any sign of damage to them in the vicinity of the wings so we can rule out that the Valk can shift and jolt around during rough shipping?

Edit: I think something similar happened with the Zeros way back when...

Edited by xrentonx

Bad news I'm reading, I'm sorry all this is a very expensive model, and I see that it is very likely that the foreigners buyers will have defects that we have purchased. until you get what you buy for AE to my country will hang. fingers crossed you get all integers.

But someone has bought for AE? I get them all right?

I'm not that upset yet, because there were other things that came in the mail. But my one favorite bird is broken. Asked HLJ to check all my units waiting in the private warehouse.

Private warehouse is virtual. They just block off stock in their inventory database for you. They don't physically store stuff away under your name.

If HLJ are willing to check it for you, it will be when you request shipping. That's when they physically pull stuff out of their warehouse to pack.

Edited by IXTL