Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Are the ankles anything like the VF-19? Cause im wondering how the feet are able to point down enough for gerwalk mode legs which are more forward than the VF-19.

I wish they did not use friction joints for ankle but had clicky mechanisms. Balljoints are fine for small figures but bigger stuff needs clicky "shark teeth" ones imo. Certain space use mecha like the QRau require stuff like that. Remember the hips on the 1/60 yamato QRau? There is no way that is going to stand up straight without falling backward. It's that kind of stuff that benefits from having a stand of some sort. But if they make the joints not rely soley on friction alone, but instead those spring mechanism click joints, then we won't have to worry about loose joint syndrome. As it is now it seems down to luck if yours are tight.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

quick pic of GERWALK taken from a psvita camera (low res and grainy) before I go to sleep:1q8q.jpg

So far ankles hold up fine. There is a lot of friction in mine. It's not going to droop down. If yours are loose maybe it is time to buy yourself a stand for gerwalk mode?

That same pose with my VF-19S completely ruined the ankles. So that's good if they're staying tight like this here. You can't fold those legs at the knees any farther under and move the ankles any farther back can you? So the body of the plane is still horizontal but it's in a really tight crouch?

Really, Mr K wanted to keep costs down by not including the arm cannon or fold booster, but instead gave us a dozen sets of underwing missiles that were never seen on-screen? I'd trade all the missiles for either one of the seen-in-use things...

They wanted something that would easily distinguish the new toy from the old one. A single arm thingie isn't going to sell people with a single image the way all the missiles do.

They wanted something that would easily distinguish the new toy from the old one. A single arm thingie isn't going to sell people with a single image the way all the missiles do.

I agree too, Although I'd prefer to have that arm cannon, that one tray of missiles is a much more impressive feature. Maybe they would include the arm cannon together with the (inevitable?) frontier fast packs for it. Edited by close313

I don't know, I find the argument that the missiles shouldn't be there because they aren't in the Animation amusing considering his primary concern has been two stripes of grey on the fuselage that also weren't in the Animation.

1 case of YF-19 :o !!

You now have a collectible box for boxes

They come 2 in a case - that's how my shipment arrived too. :D

The box for the 19 is actually relatively small (the YF-19 boxes are much smaller than the last version).

-b.

That same pose with my VF-19S completely ruined the ankles. So that's good if they're staying tight like this here. You can't fold those legs at the knees any farther under and move the ankles any farther back can you? So the body of the plane is still horizontal but it's in a really tight crouch?

I know what you mean. The pose where the plane is as low to the ground as you can get and the feet have to be flat against the floor with the front toe stretched forward all the way. I will try to get it as low as I dare to again tommorrow and see if it can't handle it. I like the low agressive stance where it looks like it is getting ready to pounce. I think GERWALK looks good that way but given that you don't see valks bounce like rabbits the way regults do in the show, it is kinda useless and only meant to look cool.

Yes the knees are bent as far back as they can go. But like I said what if another guy was just unlucky and got loose ankles? It's all about luck which I hate. If they used clicky joints on everything like large transformers toys, it would be better imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

AE is sooooo slow. Paid for this thing back when I ordered, but it still took 4 days after it came out to get the shipping payment through. Now I've been waiting 3 days for the EMS tracking number to come alive. It's looking like my BDay gift to myself won't make it on time.

I am curious about that as well?

Oh, on second look it closes up that gap in the shield... I'm not sure why that even matters, really.

Actually when in fighter mode the tabs slid out cover a small gap, and in battroid mode slid in makes the shield look better, small details that's why I like in the new yf-19.

Gamu part2:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/arcadia/yf19/yf1902.html

So the pilot figure's head can turn? Or is that a mod?

The figures have some minor poseability out of the box, yes.

Based on those Gamu pics I should be pretty happy with the Gerwalk mode on the YF-19 regardless of how well it stands. He got several decent poses out of it.

Got mine in today from HLJ. Wow EMS shipping is fast, got the notice last Friday, here on Wednesday! Looks amazing in the box, have yet to take it out. Must make space in the office display case!

Just got the phone call, mine arrived at home a few minutes ago too. I am, however, decidedly unimpressed with EMS compared to the ship times I have had from Fed Ex to here (since we live in the same town.)

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i'm swooshing it around (i don't own a real camera) a few angles i love.

photo3_zpsad1ef9ae.jpgphoto22_zps071f65e0.jpgphoto5_zps4ed8ddbd.jpgphoto11_zpscf328ab1.jpgphoto51_zps0eefba9c.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

davidwhangchoi, thanks for the photos and nice Dendrobium you have in the background.

thanks, it's just sitting on top of my sofa with bravely default collectors edition sitting right on top of it. (once guests come over, i'll have to move everything.)

Oh no...now your YF-19's are no longer MIBISSB..... :(

May as well sell them both to Mandarake for less than 50% of what you paid for them! :rolleyes::)

lol, imagine if mandrake sells these tomorrow for a buck fifty?

Oh no...now your YF-19's are no longer MIBISSB..... :(

May as well sell them both to Mandarake for less than 50% of what you paid for them! :rolleyes:

:)

Now that's just mean. :lol:

thanks, it's just sitting on top of my sofa with bravely default collectors edition sitting right on top of it. (once guests come over, i'll have to move everything.)

lol, imagine if mandrake sells these tomorrow for a buck fifty?

post-357-0-19793100-1396459033.gif

-b.

Paid 5,400Y for EMS from NY and it just got shipped today... NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! No waterslide decals or grey chest markings... this just gets worst and worst... It better be one hell of a toy! No one with aftermarket waterslide decals yet? I wished Anastazi still made his amazing decals... sigh.